10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    The Dany getting pregnant and Jon marrying her out of honour so the child isn't raised as a bastard is the least of my worries.

There's a 'Littlefinger is alive' theory going around. If it was true, it would kill off most of my interest in the show.
    Fan theories are retarded, and there is no chance he is alive, at least not in any logical sense lol. Getting your throat slit kinda kills you.

I guess magic could be involved, but it's not like they have actual doctors from the 21st century. Who could possibly want littlefinger alive though?

I answer that for you.. no one xD

Yeah littlefinger is dead. He was killed for 2k17 female power.

If they went with the undead storylines they would have brought back ole catelyn "I hate jon snow" stark back as well.

They did bring the mountain back tbf but they instantly set up that story line. And hes hardly the same person he was.

Littlefinger wasnt a 7foot giant killing machine, what purpose does a brainless littlefinger serve. Its pointless, his whole thing was intelligence, scheming and CHAOS
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-02-06 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    There's a 'Littlefinger is alive' theory going around. If it was true, it would kill off most of my interest in the show.
    His death in the show nearly killed mine, he's supposed to be one of the smartest and most dangerous men alive, the entire plot is happening essentially because of him. His death conveyed nothing of this and made him look a fool
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    His death in the show nearly killed mine, he's supposed to be one of the smartest and most dangerous men alive, the entire plot is happening essentially because of him. His death conveyed nothing of this and made him look a fool
    How does not knowing Bran is the Three eyed raven make him a fool? It would probably have worked if he couldn't see everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Fan theories are retarded, and there is no chance he is alive, at least not in any logical sense lol. Getting your throat slit kinda kills you.

I guess magic could be involved, but it's not like they have actual doctors from the 21st century. Who could possibly want littlefinger alive though?

I answer that for you.. no one xD
    It's a faceless man theory.
    So the fact that his throat got slit is irrelevant, because according to the theory, it wasn't him anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFoC...ature=youtu.be

It's well put together. I'm not convinced, but it remains a possibility.

How did the 'faceless man' know what he knew in the 'trial' for example? Are we supposed to assume Littlefinger told the faceless man everything?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah littlefinger is dead. He was killed for 2k17 female power.

If they went with the undead storylines they would have brought back ole catelyn "I hate jon snow" stark back as well.

They did bring the mountain back tbf but they instantly set up that story line. And hes hardly the same person he was.

Littlefinger wasnt a 7foot giant killing machine, what purpose does a brainless littlefinger serve. Its pointless, his whole thing was intelligence, scheming and CHAOS
    The theory has nothing to do with an undead Littlefinger?

Watch it, it's put together quite well
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFoC...ature=youtu.be

- - - Updated - - -

There seems to be a glaring plot hole left from the Faceless Man story line.
    The fact that Arya leaves Braavos, keeping her identity as Arya Stark, but having the ability to swap faces (Walder Frey) and use them for her own gain is something that's forbidden.

Are we supposed to just assume that they're going to let her get away with it?
    If so, it's a shitty plot hole but it's to be expected. The show has been going 1000 miles per hour for a while now.

He was a fool for last 2-3 seasons and I can't get over how fucking unsubtle he was about it too.

If you go through seasons you'll easily spot as time passes how his voice turns more scheming from almoust episode to episode.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I'm on the train of thought that Littlefinger became a fool when he tried to take his apprentice and wed her to a sadistic guy like Ramsay, whose tendencies LF should have known about, and that his hand-trained, hand-picked successor would turn on him for doing it.

So in the end, his death was foregone to me, he made his fatal mistake a season earlier.

I think the interesting question is asking why he thought that would work. There's some irrational hatred in LF for Catelyn Stark rejecting him, and it manifests in his relationship with Lyssa, and I think you could argue it manifested in giving Sansa to Ramsay, albeit probably subconsciously, because he still wanted to make the move on Sansa and hadn't (yet) been outright rejected by her. And that irrationality was enough to make him lose the Game of Thrones, which I think is the delicious irony of LF's story, since he was most invested in it.

I see his downfall in the books playing out similarly, inasmuch as his lust for Sansa stems from his lust for Catelyn, and Sansa, having learned everything from him, will use it to her advantage to end him.

At least in books he doesn't sound like he's planning dislocating you

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

What is the fan community's current consensus for who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne? I've always thought they were going to pull some crap like having elections in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    What is the fan community's current consensus for who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne? I've always thought they were going to pull some crap like having elections in the end.
    I think white walkers are similar to climate change and that the fates and destiny of men will be ultimately meaningless as there will no land left to rule and they ignored the real threat for too long

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I think white walkers are similar to climate change and that the fates and destiny of men will be ultimately meaningless as there will no land left to rule and they ignored the real threat for too long
    GRRM has already said the ending will be bittersweet. I don't think this would qualify.

- - - Updated - - -

Also that Littlefinger being alive theory is absolutely not a thing. The scene where the supposed faceless woman is telling him "your time is up" is way too brief and subtle to be a major part of the plot. Probably less than 1% of viewers actually remember that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    GRRM has already said the ending will be bittersweet. I don't think this would qualify.
    Ok then I go with my 2nd option which is Jon and Dany save the day then Tyrion creeps in on them and kills them with a crossbow when they are porking and takes the throne

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It's quite telling just how irrelevant this show has become with the lack of buzz so near the release of the final season
    Obviously you didn't see the Bud Light/GoT commercial, so much hype.

I think GRRM said the ending of the books will be bittersweet. At this point, I don't know if it applies to the series.

"Bittersweet" to me implies someone the audience wants to win sits on the Throne - but only to see the Doom of Westeros, similar to Valyria's Doom. It'll be a title in name only, as war sweeps down from the North and destroys everything in its wake.

only character I care about in the last season is the hound.

At least do the hound vs the mountain right you hacky writers that wanted to write a fictional series where the south won the civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    Obviously you didn't see the Bud Light/GoT commercial, so much hype.
    I did see it and it's telling enough when that commercial was better than the last two seasons combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think GRRM said the ending of the books will be bittersweet. At this point, I don't know if it applies to the series.

"Bittersweet" to me implies someone the audience wants to win sits on the Throne - but only to see the Doom of Westeros, similar to Valyria's Doom. It'll be a title in name only, as war sweeps down from the North and destroys everything in its wake.
    That's not bittersweet at all. A bittersweet ending is when everything ends well, but at a great cost. The Lord of the Rings as a bittersweet ending because, even though Sauron has been destroyed, the powers of the Three are over, the Elves and Gandalf must leave Middle Earth, Frodo can't enjoy the life in the Shire anymore and must leave too.

Game of Thrones could end with the White Walkers being destroyed, but with definitive end of dragons, direwolves and magic and a devastated realm to rebuild. Or it could mean the death of some important character, like Dany, Jon or Bran.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

What I am waiting for most is those inevitable stupid as fuck people coming here crying we talk here about spoilers of next season when we have spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    What I am waiting for most is those inevitable stupid as fuck people coming here crying we talk here about spoilers of next season when we have spoilers.
    People link those dodgy pap photos though where they see dany and jon filming together on the beach.

or leaked scripts on reddit.

That goes too far beyond just discussing material already released to the world in the correct format
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-02-10 at 05:50 AM.

Not sure if this is real, but interesting nonetheless

http://watchersonthewall.com/script-...s-pilot-found/