Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I bet everyone is going to be dog piling Jaime in that hall scene and then Bran will defend him and Jaime will be like "wait what?"

Not a bad shout. Robot Bran likely doesnt hold any personal feelings towards his "fall" now considering how important the event was for starting the events in the great war to come!

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I bet everyone is going to be dog piling Jaime in that hall scene and then Bran will defend him and Jaime will be like "wait what?"
    This would tickle me greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    So roughly six hours left, or the length of the LotR trilogy. That should be more than enough time to wrap everything up.

Again, will have to wait and see how it is used. Hopefully the last episode is a dedicated epilogue to show us the state of the world after the events of the story, where the characters are at, and provide a sense of closure.
    Nah, the Lord of the Rings theatrical cuts end up being a little over nine hours long.

Shame, looks like Tully and Blackfish arent coming back. Kinda always figured, we never saw Blackfish's death, and have no idea if Arya would have know to look/care for him or if the Lannisters took him with them.

Doesn't anyone get that Jon would still be King even he wasn't a Targaryen. He be married to Dany.
    Glover needs to die.

Shouldnt Sam and Bran been there at the front gate. Telling them both then whats up? I mean, they already fucked, so..........
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoyable episode, reminded me a lot of Season 7's first episode which was just to set the scene. The interactions were amazing, it was great to see some of the reunions we've not had since Season 1. Cersei and Euron are interesting, I don't know if I expect one to kill the other right now. Sansa is more a realist looking at supplies and knowing over Tyrion that Cersei isn't planning to come north (which Jaime will confirm next episode).

Jon on the Dragon was a funny sequence. The dragons staring at them after definitely made me laugh. Then you go to other extreme beyond the wall with horror, death, silence and a message that I saw coming but still made me jump. Sam could be a big player in what is to come, what he knows now and the death of his relatives that at the time didn't seem to be such a major thing going forwards will likely come back to haunt Dany and it will be interesting how things play out.

Hyped for Jaime and Bronn appearing again. Love them both. Still hyped for the next five weeks.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I know, that's my point.

e01: 54 mins
    e02: 58 mins
    e03: 60 mins
    e04: 78 mins
    e05: 80 mins
    e06: 80 mins

They had to significantly sacrifice episode quality, plot and character development to fit it into some arbitrary timeframe. Much of what made the show great was the excellent dialogue scenes (none of which needed flashy CGI bullshit) and fantastic character development. It's mostly gone now so we can get some more "beyond the wall" Hollywood-quality episodes to wrap things up quickly
    If you think the Show has been dead since Season 4. Why are you hanging still at season 8 being a Debbie Downer?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    If you think the Show has been dead since Season 4. Why are you hanging still at season 8 being a Debbie Downer?
    Given that the likelihood audiences will find out how the story will end through the books, they mind as well stick around and see the overall outline of events through the show. Also helps that the show has high production values. Doesn't make the show immune to criticism. If you love something and want it to be better, you speak up about it, and hopefully that allows others to learn when crafting their own stories.

So roughly six hours left, or the length of the LotR trilogy. That should be more than enough time to wrap everything up.
    Apples to oranges. These are episodes, which means they're constrained a lot by needing to have each episode be, on some level, standalone with a beginning/middle/end. This doesn't sound like it'd be a big problem, but you'd be surprised at how difficult it makes writing. A 3 hour movie can do a lot more than 3 60 minute long episodes of a show, despite their run times being the same.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Or, it could be that the vast majority of the audience that made this the biggest show ever not only haven't read the books, but didn't really care about the 8 episodes before the "cool shit" that happened in episode 9 like the big battles, betrayals, etc. I'm a filthy book lover, and I just cynically look at it like that - the audience wants to see the CGI dragons and hear Tyrion rip off some one liners, they don't care about in-depth dialogue or even cohesive plotting.
    Cool, then stick to your books I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Given that the likelihood audiences will find out how the story will end through the books, they mind as well stick around and see the overall outline of events through the show. Also helps that the show has high production values. Doesn't make the show immune to criticism. If you love something and want it to be better, you speak up about it, and hopefully that allows others to learn when crafting their own stories.
    It's not immune to criticism but saying "This show died 5 years ago" yet still sticking around for 5 years instead of just moving on seems like a pretty idiotic masochistic waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Sansa's character has been butchered just as much as characters like Stannis and the whole of Dorne, friends. Time to accept that the cracks started appearing 3 seasons ago with dumb plots like that one.
    To be fully fair, Sansa sucks in the books pretty bad, too. She's just mostly sort of standing around most of the time. She was fine in Books 1 and 2, but A Clash of Kings her story just devolves to 'Sansa's life sucks lol'.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not immune to criticism but saying "This show died 5 years ago" yet still sticking around for 5 years instead of just moving on seems like a pretty idiotic masochistic waste of time.
    It's SOOOO masochistic to watch a show and not really enjoy its last seasons why do people bother seeing out stories they started like don't they know what a waste of time it is?

Stop posting.

My only gripe is that I was too impatient to wait until after my graveyard shift to watch it. Instead I watched on my phone at work. It kept pausing on me throughout. The last 10 min, it literally would buffer for about 15 seconds every 6 seconds. I was stubborn and stayed the course.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    She’s definitely gonna be wise to the shit men throw at her but when it comes to armies and fighting the night king? Not much there.
    And your point is... what exactly?

No one is expecting her to lead an army. At most, she's responsible for the logistical side of things; food, shelter, and supplies. That's literally her only real role in any battle scene. Diplomacy is also a role she plays at, but that's outside of combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Last night got me thinking. What if The Lord of Light isn’t some good God that wants to save man like people are thinking. What if it’s a god that prefers the undead, and this whole time it kept bringing Beric and Jon back just so the events would play out like they did, with Dany coming to save them beyond The Wall and the Night King getting a dragon so he could finally take it down.
    Because it's a dumb idea in almost every aspect. In fact the only thing you have right is that he's not a "good" god. Or if he is, only in so much as the Old Testament God was "good" with his love of forced incest, murder, torture, and other atrocities.

I loved every minute of it but I am glad that it looks like we will get the sappy romance and Targaryen blood drama out of the way first thing.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    To be fully fair, Sansa sucks in the books pretty bad, too. She's just mostly sort of standing around most of the time. She was fine in Books 1 and 2, but A Clash of Kings her story just devolves to 'Sansa's life sucks lol'.
    Sansa in the books is still in the Vale, and her aunt Lyssa has just been murdered. I don't even think she knows what she knew in the show, where Lyssa confesses to the Jon Arryn assassination and implicates Littlefinger in front of her (we, as the audience, read about it, but it's a private conversation between Lyssa and LF). She's just about at the point where she's realizing that A) LF probably killed Lyssa and the bard that witnessed it, B) LF is creepily projecting his obsession with her mother on her, and C) she has power, pure and simple, just by being a Stark - and the oldest one left alive, at this point - when there's currently no Stark in Winterfell, and people will follow her. She's not even openly Sansa right now, she's posing as LF's bastard daughter.

Her story's just now getting interesting in the books.

To make fun of the people that think it's still good

Trolling isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-04-15 at 03:40 PM.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I was really expecting them to hold off on telling Jon he was Aegon the whole time for the first 2-3 episodes. Glad they got that out of the way. I enjoyed the episode, did pretty well for setting everything up. Am I the only one that thinks Bronn won't kill Jaime?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something slightly jarring about Bronn being approached by Pycelle on behalf of Cersei and her promising him money and his dream of a castle, when you know the reason she isn't asking him directly is because Lena and Jerome absolutely hate each other.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Decent episode, don't remember or understand why Bran and Jamie seeing each other is notable.
    well he was the one who pushed him out of the window

edit: sorry, didn't see the million and one replies saying this already
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2019-04-15 at 06:33 AM.

F... Lord Glover.

First he refuses to help Jon. Then apologizes and promises to stand behind Jon. Then is a cunt when Jon decides to ride for Dragonstone. And now he deserts the army and runs back to his home like a damn coward. F... hell, it might not be Joeffrey level of hate, but I want to see Glover get executed.

Also, the scene at last Hearth was genuinely creepy. Poor Lord Umber.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2019-04-15 at 06:23 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    First off, F*U on blowing your budget on some romance getaway on flying dragons! What a waste.

More importantly many good plot lines of people meeting up and have a history, generally not great, so some that was great. Unfortunately, with the sped up time-line, we likely won't flush them out as best they can.
    Calm down, no need to worry about this season