Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    ........the season isn't over yet.
    Damn. Who knew that guy would be getting so much action.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who else thinks Jamie will die in Brienne's arms? Gotta happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    A meh episode, but next week is where the real season begins.

Most things tied up, ready to go 100mph for the final 5 hours of thrones.

I want to know how Dany takes the news. Early indicators, not so good.
    No hints about a pregnancy either? Disappointing.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice observation.

Perhaps it's Dany though?
    Yeah, was thinking that it might switch too (if it's really there, that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    Who else thinks Jamie will die in Brienne's arms? Gotta happen.
    Other way around. Jamie and Cersei has to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    Other way around. Jamie and Cersei has to happen.
    I want her to die alone, or while Tyrion watches.

All that was missing from this episode was pineapple salad.

At least we got the garbage tier episode from this season out of the way.

Also, knights can knight other subjects ? What kind of scuffed feudal system is this. Oh right, that's what it takes to knight a woman.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimm View Post
    At least we got the garbage tier episode from this season out of the way.

Also, knights can knight other subjects ? What kind of scuffed feudal system is this. Oh right, that's what it takes to knight a woman.
    That has always been the case. If you watch the film "Kingdom of Heaven" (great film) it is mentioned there too.

Pretty sure you still had to be in a higher position (lord, baron, clergy) to knight someone else.
    Also I believe knights could only help their own squires to get knighted at some point.

What we just saw was nonesense...

What tilts me even more is how every review I've seen or read so far is giving it 9/10 and is ecstatic about how good this episode was. Like, am I missing something here? This was an episode of How I Met Your Mother: the GOT edition.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure you still had to be in a higher position (lord, baron, clergy) to knight someone else.
    Isn't Jamie the de facto head of House Lannister?

What tilts me even more is how every review I've seen or read so far is giving it 9/10 and is ecstatic about how good this episode was. Like, am I missing something here? This was an episode of How I Met Your Mother: the GOT edition.
    I enjoyed it, despite a couple of plot holes and the weird romance inserts. Fairly certain there was zero romantic buildup to Gendry + Arya.

Isn't Jamie the de facto head of House Lannister?
    I mean I get your point, but he basicaly said "Oh wait I'm a knight, so I can touch you on the shoulder with my sword and it's all good."
    He could have said "As Lord of house Lannister", but the writers seem so lazy they even forget the basis they already have...

Weird how the show never shows the racism coming from the dothraki.. not very realistic to just portrait browner people as victims when racism is a general human thing and not just something white people do.

I mean I get your point, but he basicaly said "Oh wait I'm a knight, so I can touch you on the shoulder with my sword and it's all good."
    He could have said "As Lord of house Lannister", but the writers seem so lazy they even forget the basis they already have...
    Or MAYBE it's more symbolic than anything as they're all pretty sure they're about to die, and Brienne would likely not have a chance to claim a legitimate knighthood in a less "we're all fucked" setting.

What being "knight" means changed throught the times and was dependent on the country and circumstances. And just because someone was knighted by someone does not mean this was universally accepted, for example the "Erbmännerstreit" was a war fought just because the old (war) knights would not accept the new noble knights.
    That aside, I doubt Sansa, Cersei or Daenerys would have had a problem knighting her.

Im not to hung up about the knight thing. Never really subscribed to the rules of knighting in the 7 kingdoms. Not to mention just about everyone in the show has gotten to where they are at by working outside the rules most the time anyway. Seems to fit. Did if with a kings sword too didn't he? Classy.

One third of the season is over, and nothing has happened yet. How disappointing. This is almost on par with House of Cards season 6 so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    One third of the season is over, and nothing has happened yet. How disappointing. This is almost on par with House of Cards season 6 so far.
    Well duh, the shortest episodes have the least amount of shit in them.
    Not exactly surprising.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    The next four are probably going to be the most action packed, plot packed in the entire series.
    Perspective.

10+ Year Old Account

Granted that the show is taking place mostly in the North and with the all Night King thing it makes sense to darken things, but christ, I'm gonna have to start watching GoT at night, instead of first thing in the morning, just to clearly see it.