10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Ugh, I get people will have different opinions on endings in shows, but a lot of you guys are just blatantly ignoring things, simply because you didn’t like that it was Arya doing the final blow.

Till next episode...
    Yes you are blatantly ignoring things, I didn't care that it was Arya, or that other people have a different opinion than me. I care about it being lazy writing and very poor sendoff for a threat that has been built up since the very first scene of the very first episode.

Whatever, some people will defend their favourite show until their dying breath ignoring any flaws or criticism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disappointing episode. A few things I hated:
    1) Bran was completely fuckin useless. "Oh, he is a warg, he is a warg, he so OP" Naah, bruh, let's just sit here. "The fucks taking them so long? I'll just warg some crows to see if they be coming" Seriously, you mean to tell us that the importance of the whole "warg" arc was "Oh, R banged L and they got J? I mean, it is important for the fans, but still, he is useless. The 3 eyed raven overhyped his importance.
    2) The prophecies turned out to be meaningless. Azor Ajai was absolutely nowhere. The sacrifice we were promised was never made. There was no sacrifice to stop the Winter. There was only a stealthy kid that did a "switch-stab". Pretty pathetic.
    3) We have no information whatsoever for the Night King. Who the fuck is he? What does he actually want? Why does he want to kill Bran (the most useless character ever made). All we know about him is "oh, the big bad guy wants to kill everyone". Literally.
    I got a few more things that were absolutely horrible, but whatever. Anyway, the episode was cool aesthetically, but it was so idiotic. It's (metaphorically speaking) the hot but stupid blonde you wanna bang but dont care about her.
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    It’s funny I actually preferred how they did it full surprise. Kind of gets us to feel a bit of how surprised the NK was but at the same time the confidence he felt - he just grabbed the bitch. I mean I get it different strokes for different folks (just not your cup of tea) but think it played into the theme of the episode better having her come out of nowhere, all hope seemed lost but they overcame death.

As for Jon not battling the NK I am a bit bummed. But at the same time them battling it out and Jon winning would be way to cliche for this show, and if they were to fight and Jon have lost but survived/saved that would’ve bummed me out more. I do wish Jon did more as he kind of felt like a non player in the battle comparably. Hopefully they have some epic ness planned for him.
    As I said, I wouldn't have minded if they set it up in someway and it actually made sense for Arya to be where she was, but it was essentially teleport.

Yes I agree, I would've liked to see Jon battle him for a bit but definitely cliche. I would've preferred that to how it went though. As for nearly all characters surviving, I'm not really too bothered about that because I assume there will be some sick fight scenes in KL which will incorporate their deaths/plans. So I'm basically trusting that they have a better end for them rather than being killed by the undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I don't know what that even is either... I was expecting to find out... you know??

But seriously, this is something they themselves made. Even moreso this character and it's like... is it too much to ask them to deliver on it? It feels like Rian Johnson took over and said "Night King? He's no one, SUBVERT EXPECTATIONS!"(Also that scumbag made a tweet after the episode, making a joke about theories)
    If Rian Johnson likes an ending, you know it's plain fuckin bad...
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

Guys, GUYS. Let's build up a character for 8 seasons and then the first time we properly see him wage a war, let's kill him off. Great idea. I barely even care about the last few episodes after seeing what a joke this series is now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinelakias View Post
    Disappointing episode. A few things I hated:
    1) Bran was completely fuckin useless. "Oh, he is a warg, he is a warg, he so OP" Naah, bruh, let's just sit here. "The fucks taking them so long? I'll just warg some crows to see if they be coming" Seriously, you mean to tell us that the importance of the whole "warg" arc was "Oh, R banged L and they got J? I mean, it is important for the fans, but still, he is useless. The 3 eyed raven overhyped his importance.
    2) The prophecies turned out to be meaningless. Azor Ajai was absolutely nowhere. The sacrifice we were promised was never made. There was no sacrifice to stop the Winter. There was only a stealthy kid that did a "switch-stab". Pretty pathetic.
    3) We have no information whatsoever for the Night King. Who the fuck is he? What does he actually want? Why does he want to kill Bran (the most useless character ever made). All we know about him is "oh, the big bad guy wants to kill everyone". Literally.
    I got a few more things that were absolutely horrible, but whatever. Anyway, the episode was cool aesthetically, but it was so idiotic. It's (metaphorically speaking) the hot but stupid blonde you wanna bang but dont care about her.
    Yeah I didn’t like that either Bran was full warg thing for like the whole episode. Wtf was he doing? Thought that would’ve played into the NK death. Yeah he took over that raven flock, but you can’t tell me he was just flying around the whole time, for what purpose?

Probably banging some chick in the past or something while everyone else was dying.

I liked the episode but yeah there were too many clips of Jon and Dany flying in the storm, they could’ve clipped in more interesting things over that.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Who the fuck is he?
    It's a human turned to the Night King by children of the forest, when they were battling humans long time ago and loosing, to turn the tides
    What does he actually want?
    His original goal was to battle humans. He still does that but in a twisted way
    Why does he want to kill Bran
    Bran explained it in this season but what I think is that his powers as a 3 eyed raven were a bit threat to the NK (like seeing the past and ability to actually affect it a very little bit)

Still dissapointing ending but the answers were there

Am I the only one completely underwhelmed with how the NK died? The White walkers have been built up for so long, just for them to get wiped out their first major battle. None of the Azor Ahai stuff was relevant, the "Kings of Winter rising" was meh, the whole thing seemed rushed.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Am I the only one completely underwhelmed with how the NK died? The White walkers have been built up for so long, just for them to get wiped out their first major battle. None of the Azor Ahai stuff was relevant, the "Kings of Winter rising" was meh, the whole thing seemed rushed.
    Half of the last 10 pages or so are full of people complaining about that.

Many people are bitterly disappointed by this bad writing.

Most people are disappointed, check out the last 25 pages or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    It's a human turned to the Night King by children of the forest, when they were battling humans long time ago and loosing, to turn the tides

His original goal was to battle humans. He still does that but in a twisted way

Bran explained it in this season but what I think is that his powers as a 3 eyed raven were a bit threat to the NK (like seeing the past and ability to actually affect it a very little bit)

Still dissapointing ending but the answers were there
    1) It's a human.... WoW! Ok then....
    2) We get that this was the original plan...when the forests were alive. But what now? He wants to turn everyone to wight? He wants just to kill everyone? What?
    3) The only time we saw bran affect the past was when he manipulated a little kid. That was it. In this episode, the only thing he could manipulate was the GoCrow camera :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Not quite mate, it seems you are in the majority...

Though initially I was disappointed that the NK died so soon, now I am not anymore. At the end of the day, the NK still proved to be the greatest threat in Westeros' history. Thousands dead, entire castles ruined. And the Long Night will consume whatever survivor is left. Just look at the North, devolved into a frozen wasteland. The NK will have the last laugh, mark my words. The Long Night, the greatest winter in history, will deal the last blow to a shattered kingdom. And that will tie into Bran's vision of the capital ruined and overtaken by winter.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

What is the point of Bran in the TV series? If he never existed in the TV series would it have made that big of a difference?

I was expecting more of a pay off or twist between him and the Night King. Instead he just worgs into some crows forever and then finally comes back just to say bye to Theon. Major letdown.

That ruined red keep in Dany's vision... i really hope for a turnaround.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    What is the point of Bran in the TV series? If he never existed in the TV series would it have made that big of a difference?

I was expecting more of a pay off or twist between him and the Night King. Instead he just worgs into some crows forever and then finally comes back just to say bye to Theon. Major letdown.
    Bran has been totally pointless, I was expecting him to rise up, fight the Night King and kill him. But no, he is just sitting on his wheelchair without saying or doing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

My problem with the Arya deus ex machina is why even have a war at this point?

Just send her south. Surely if she can sneak up on a 9000 year-old magical being she can kill a middle-aged pregnant woman on her chamberpot

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    At the end of the day, the NK still proved to be the greatest threat in Westeros' history. Thousands dead, entire castles ruined. And the Long Night will consume whatever survivor is left.
    After seeing the battle... I'm not sure about that to be honest

The strategy for the Winterfell defence was one laughing stock

The most idiotic decision was charging with your calvary head on into the hordes of undead... It was literally just giving more soldiers to the Night King for free. Why not have them just pincer the wights from the sides/from behind???

Anoter one was the trebuchets at the frontlines... like WHAT ?
    And then they used them to launch like 5 firey balls and forgot about them...
    Why not put them on the towers or near the walls so they rain down hell from afar

The front lines of unsullied... OK this was a bit better but why didn't they had one of those firey trenches of spiked dragonglass in front of them ?
    Also they are equipped with small round shields and mostly leather armor.

Why not put the most armored units into the front lines and use the giant ass door like shield wall that Boltons used one season before ? The front lines woudn't get brokes so easily. Sure they would probably get overrunned and went over them but the dead wouldn't just went trough them like a hot knife.

Sacrificing the unsullied in front of the flame trench was the second worst tactical move to be done that day... they could just backpeddaled behind the gates and light the trench on the way

The defence on the walls... WHERE THE HELL WAS BURNING OIL DROPPING FROM THE TOP OF THE WALLS ON THE ARMY UNDER THEM ???
    That alove would kill hundreds, if not thousands of the wights.

All in all, having a competent tactician do the preparations and strategy, there wouldn't be as much deaths as there was

(Seriously, whe the fuck puts trebuchets in the front lines, and barely even uses them?)

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post

He was the Night Kings goal. The Night King had to kill Bran, AKA "the three eyed crow", the source of all memories, to destroy the world.

I'm fine with that.

But now that they saved the world, fighting Cercie is something of a letdown. There's always going to be fighting between houses in Westeros.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    My problem with the Arya deus ex machina is why even have a war at this point?

Just send her south. Surely if she can sneak up on a 9000 year-old magical being she can kill a middle-aged pregnant woman on her chamberpot
    Maybe that's what they will do.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.