Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    And whats the deal with Bran? Is he just a living storybook that knows everything in human history? He is literally a living thing that knows everything that has and will happen. Does he even serve any purpose at all beyond that?
    yeah, it's called "dues ex".
    he's the explanation for the contrivance of the plot, seeing as he knows the script and the rewrites.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Yeh, you're right, Arya totally didnt learn how to wield weapons like a staff, blind, to a point should could beat a sighting person....nope. Totally don't train with one of the best swordsman from Bravos, nope. Wasn't on the run picking up bits from everyone for ~7 years. Was never shown to be sneaky, or light on her feet.

Seriously sport, WATCH the show. Arya is probably one of the best 5 fighters in Westeros. The show has built her into that from season 1. Pay attention.
    Oh fuck off. It’s clear you spent less time paying attention to what was on the screen and more time fanfic-ing whatever you want into the story.

As I noted earlier, we get a really great scene in the library of Arya’s superb sneaking skills. She’s good, but she’s still human, still has to use mundane misdirection tricks, still has to be careful. We’ve seen her run for her life, like a normal person not some super human. She didn’t train long with Syrio (which was just fancy sword fighting anyway), she didn’t train that long with the Faceless Men (training to fight in the dark doesn’t give her super speed, super stealth, or a 10ft vertical).

We fucking know she’s a badass now. There have been great scenes with her the past couple seasons putting her skills to use. Other than face switching, her skills have been reasonable for someone with lots of training. What you’re doing is projecting everything you’ve seen “elite assassins” do in other games and movies and just assuming that Arya must be able to do the same. Never mind the fact that she can apparently only do it when no one (including the audience) is watching, how fucking convenient...

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    A "calm" moment. It's in the middle of a battle. Are the undead in sleep mode because the NK and WWs are not controlling them anymore? If so - why not? Why pause so much? If it's just a plain evil entity with the sole purpose of eliminating all life, why all the theatrics?

It's just a surprise for the sake of having a surprise, with little substance behind it. Entertaining in the moment, but leaves a sour taste after watching.
    The NK is poorly written. Period, he had NO reason, none whatsoever to even be in the battle. If he just stayed Last Hearth his horde would have overrun Winterfell and killed Bran in a matter of hours. We know from Beyond the Wall regular WWs can cast "revive dead", so the only reason to have him in combat was to have him lose swiftly.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Since when does attacking imply a successful attack? Or do words have different meanings where you’re from?
    Why would he swing for someone that was already out of range before he even looked in her direction? He notices her because the momentum of her running past moves his hair. By the time he notices his hair moving she's already in front of him. By the time he cocks his head there's no way he's swinging a weapon in time to hit her.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    No, it's because he's lazy. It doesn't take 8 years to write a good fantasy novel, ask Brandon Sanderson.
    Sanderson is an exception, thankfully. He also has a team of contributors that help him as he somehow manages to pour stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    Sanderson and GRRM have two different writing methods. Sanderson outlines everything and cranks out 10 pages per day like a machine. He doesn't have a lot of rewrites. Martin writes by the "seat of his pants", making up the story as he goes. He has a ton of rewriting to do. GRRM might throw away a whole chapter and start over. Steven King and GRRM have similar writing methods.
    Plus this.

I get to read Sanderson while im waiting for GRRM, i'm not exactly unhappy.
    Speciation Is Gradual

The cavalry charge.

The one-shot trebuchets. Oh my god my sides. Front line Trebuchets hahahahah jesus christ what did I just watch.

"Light the trench!"
    "We have a trench ?"
    "Yeah light it up!"
    "If we had a trench why are we standing in front of it ?"
    "LIGHT THE TRENCH!!!"

This comedy was pure gold.

Nice graphics tho.

lol

The reply to Rian Johnson's tweet made me laugh https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/stat...30861097566208
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2019-04-29 at 06:36 PM.

Well.. wasn't that tremendously anticlimactic?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Oh fuck off. It’s clear you spent less time paying attention to what was on the screen and more time fanfic-ing whatever you want into the story.

As I noted earlier, we get a really great scene in the library of Arya’s superb sneaking skills. She’s good, but she’s still human, still has to use mundane misdirection tricks, still has to be careful. We’ve seen her run for her life, like a normal person not some super human. She didn’t train long with Syrio (which was just fancy sword fighting anyway), she didn’t train that long with the Faceless Men (training to fight in the dark doesn’t give her super speed, super stealth, or a 10ft vertical).

We fucking know she’s a badass now. There have been great scenes with her the past couple seasons putting her skills to use. Other than face switching, her skills have been reasonable for someone with lots of training. What you’re doing is projecting everything you’ve seen “elite assassins” do in other games and movies and just assuming that Arya must be able to do the same. Never mind the fact that she can apparently only do it when no one (including the audience) is watching, how fucking convenient...
    She has been training to be a killer from age 11. She didnt make a 10 foot vertical leap, watch the fucking show, or get glasses. She Jumped forward ~8 feet or so.

She was 100% silent in the library, a DROP of blood was louder than she was, tiger.

Watch. The. SHOW!

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    My worst fear came true. The Night King easily dispatched by a lucky blow by some twat.

This show jumped the shark.

Good episode until the last 5 minutes though. But there's no coming back from killing off the main villain built up from episode 1 in the third episode and having lowly Queen Cersei as the ultimate villain. Not even interested in that anymore. The story did not play out the way it should have.
    There has been a lot more time building up Cersei and the Iron Throne (Game of Thrones remember) than there was the Night King. A wight in the first scene, then a few sprinkles here and there, and then Jon finally playing them up. In the meantime, there were seven seasons of Cersei getting to where she is...

I expected Arya to have taken the face of an undead based on the kitchen scene, thought she was able to grab a wight face. Then when the Night King was there with his generals she would surprise stab him. But the drop the knife move was even better, since they showed her using it a few times since she came back from across the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Why would he swing for someone that was already out of range before he even looked in her direction? He notices her because the momentum of her running past moves his hair. By the time he notices his hair moving she's already in front of him. By the time he cocks his head there's no way he's swinging a weapon in time to hit her.
    Give up man, these folks have their minds made up. Its not based on what is shown in the episode its based on hyperbole cooked up in their heads and on forums.

She has been training to be a killer from age 11. She didnt make a 10 foot vertical leap, watch the fucking show, or get glasses. She Jumped forward ~8 feet or so.

She was 100% silent in the library, a DROP of blood was louder than she was, tiger.

Watch. The. SHOW!
    So she's pretty good, is there another reason why you two are still going?

I refuted the idea that they could have caught her because even if they weren't ordered to not attack they still aren't fast enough to catch her.
    no, you didn't, instead you cast doubt upon it by linking a video of them dodging a trained swordsman.
    and he doesn't order the WW, they follow him because their lives are bound to his, there's a certain amount of psychic connection between the WW and the NK but they're not mindless thralls that he needs to puppet like the Wights.

i assert based on the evidence you submitted that they COULD catch her, but since there were should-to-shoulder with each other to create a protective ring around the NK that she couldn't of come that way at all, the "jump from tree" explanation is more valid then "run THROUGH a wall of super-strong undead warriors standing shoulder-to-shoulder".
    prior to jon being able to launch a counter-attack from blocking the WW's spear he's able to attack twice with a spear before jon kills him.
    that scene also shows the mindfulness of the WW in contrast to the wights, he's not slow, he's lax and uncaring, but he's also surprised and then fearful when jon blocks his ice-spear and realizes what the sword is made of.

you've done nothing but fling shit and insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimm View Post
    The cavalry charge.

The one-shot trebuchets. Oh my god my sides. Front line Trebuchets hahahahah jesus christ what did I just watch.

"Light the trench!"
    "We have a trench ?"
    "Yeah light it up!"
    "If we had a trench why are we standing in front of it ?"
    "LIGHT THE TRENCH!!!"

This comedy was pure gold.

Nice graphics tho.
    Yeh, clearly the best commanders in Westeros have little experience in how to defend a castle from a siege.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heph47 View Post
    So she's pretty good, is there another reason why you two are still going?
    The person Im responding to thinks Arya was incapable of sprinting 50 feet and jumping 8 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s impossible to be silent in snow. Live real life.
    Tell that to Legolas

Chelly
    Yeh, clearly the best commanders in Westeros have little experience in how to defend a castle from a siege.
    The bar must be very low then if they are the "best" commanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    no, you didn't, instead you cast doubt upon it by linking a video of them dodging a trained swordsman.
    and he doesn't order the WW, they follow him because their lives are bound to his, there's a certain amount of psychic connection between the WW and the NK but they're not mindless thralls that he needs to puppet like the Wights.

i assert based on the evidence you submitted that they COULD catch her, but since there were should-to-shoulder with each other to create a protective ring around the NK that she couldn't of come that way at all, the "jump from tree" explanation is more valid then "run THROUGH a wall of super-strong undead warriors tanding shoulder-to-shoulder".
    prior to jon being able to launch a counter-attack from blocking the WW's spear he's able to attack twice with a spear before jon kills him.

you've done nothing but fling shit and insults.
    They weren't shoulder to shoulder. In the picture I posted you can clearly see enough space for someone small quick and nimble to slip through. On top of that, she would have had to jump from at least 30 feet in the air to go from behind that walker to the NK. The Walkers don't move more than a few feet past the archway. The Walker that notices her isn't in the front row, meaning he's at best a foot or two in front of the archway. If someone throws a ball at you from behind and it goes past your head, you would notice because of the change in air pressure, you would feel the breeze, maybe even hear it. If someone throws a ball at you from behind but it goes twenty-plus feet over your head, you won't notice until you see it because the changes in air pressure are localized above you. Literally middle-school physics.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Watch. The. SHOW!
    Christ, it’s like talking to a brick wall...

Guess you’re doing your own gymnastics (of the mental variety) to go from slow, deliberate, careful stealth on stone to full speed, noiseless sprint on snow “stealth”.

They weren't shoulder to shoulder. In the picture I posted you can clearly see enough space for someone small quick and nimble to slip through. On top of that, she would have had to jump from at least 30 feet in the air to go from behind that walker to the NK. The Walkers don't move more than a few feet past the archway. The Walker that notices her isn't in the front row, meaning he's at best a foot or two in front of the archway. If someone throws a ball at you from behind and it goes past your head, you would notice because of the change in air pressure, you would feel the breeze, maybe even hear it. If someone throws a ball at you from behind but it goes twenty-plus feet over your head, you won't notice until you see it because the changes in air pressure are localized above you. Literally middle-school physics.
    Regardless of how she managed to pull off the impressive kill (I haven't studied it like you have), it seems many thought it was a bit of a let down ending

Good episode though after years of the threat of white walkers, the end of them seemed like a 'we only have a couple episodes left and we need to finish it all quickly!' ordeal.

I did restart the entire series yesterday morning and got about half way through season 1 before the new episode came out. Its crazy how old everybody looks now! If they look like that then how the hell do I look after 8+ years?? Getting old sucks.