Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Cleganbowl was great. The fact he had his actual head and it was contiguous was a let down. Them both falling to death in what looked like a pit of fire was great. Sandor realized that was the only real way to make sure he was dead.
    I thought it was disappointing. Who fights on stairs like that? And the ragdoll to Qyburn was a joke death, and Cersei just creeping past with no bother. And the Mountain looked utterly ridiculous. The suicide dive would have had more impact emotionally if 1) the Hound knew it was suicide and 2) he knew about the fire pit and actively accepted it as a means to an end. But instead we just got an action scene (like the rest of this season) with no real emotional connection or logical conclusion.

Gregor dies by Sandor pushing him into a fire. That's pretty much perfect revenge. And Sandor being fearless why the city burns around him is him finally getting over his fear of fire.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    This is some sick rape apologetics.

I don't get why its so hard to say they crossed a line. They weren't even fighting before they went batshit crazy. The Lannisters were surrounded and dropped their weapons. Dany's forces then had to put some effort into chasing down the civilians.

Also, the Lannister's didn't do much to the North that wasn't part of the standard feudalism in Westeros. Winterfell and its vassals were fairly independent except the dues Winterfell paid to the king. The truth about wasn't widely known. The Red Wedding was standard warfare assassination AFTER Rob went back on his word. The North had turned on the Starks and Winterfell until the Battle of the Bastards, even then they were stubborn. The North hasn't been a unified group that stood with the Starks and their feud with the Lannisters.

It mad sense for the forces from Essos to join in Danys bloodbath. Made 0 sense for the North to join them.
    They didn't "cross a line" can't u stop being a millenial ever? It's a medieval setting not 2019.
    Go watch some other show if u can't stop being triggered.

As for red wedding, Robb's troops got butchered there too, hardly an assassination. Also Tywin ordered mass killings of civilians in the riverlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    I 100% predicted it. I knew that the season would suck if the Night King were killed too early, I knew that it would be madness to end the Army of the Dead storyline only midway through the season. I have been proven right.

This episode should have been about the Night King invading King's Landing. Wasted character. 10 years of build-up for what? An aesthetically impressive battle that ultimately didn't lead anywhere and merely served as a plot device to nerf Daenerys' armies?

And for the record, why did the writers decide to replace the Army of the Dead with the Golden Company (bizarre decision) if the latter did absolutely nothing?
    The Night king and all that aren't really a threat in the books, so who knows how that'll actually play out.

Should have gone for 10 seasons as HBO wanted, then this wouldn't feel so rushed. Are we sure Arya isn't a Targaryen? because she sure seemed fire proof..

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    They didn't "cross a line" can't u stop being a millenial ever? It's a medieval setting not 2019.
    Go watch some other show if u can't stop being triggered.

As for red wedding, Robb's troops got butchered there too, hardly an assassination. Also Tywin ordered mass killings of civilians in the riverlands.
    Not to mention that winter is still coming and depopulating would reduce the strain on your food supplies. So, butchering people isn't wrong it's incentivized.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    And the entire series is called "A Song of Ice and Fire."
    The book series is called that, not the HBO series. The HBO series is Game of Thrones all along. This is the biggest flaw on this thread, people unable to separate the books from the show.

I live and work with quite a few people that have never read a page of the books and like the show a lot. I work with a few that have read the books and just like here, they area ll about the differences between the two.

Nobody really knows how much Martin told HBO. If the book and the show were identical, there would be no reason to do both. They way this show is/has gone is pretty much in line with other "thinking" HBO shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Maybe Jon won’t even have to make the decision to execute Dany for her crimes. Maybe after being confronted, she’ll make the decision for him, in some kind of loving, mercy kill (he’ll still swing the sword though). Like, she doesn’t want to become her father, seeing that she is going down the “madness” path, so she wants to end her life before that happens - before she causes more death and destruction.

I honestly don’t see her living with that kind of guilt. Not unless they truly do make her go mad and evil.

I still wonder how they’ll accomplish that with Drogon, though. Maybe she’ll tell him to let it happen (the dragons are smart and do seem to understand conversations). Maybe he’ll become Jon’s dragon after that.
    lol Dany Stans never learn...
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

If someone who hasn't watched S08 yet asked me how it is, I'd say "honestly, don't even watch it" at this point. Fucking bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Maybe Jon won’t even have to make the decision to execute Dany for her crimes. Maybe after being confronted, she’ll make the decision for him, in some kind of loving, mercy kill (he’ll still swing the sword though). Like, she doesn’t want to become her father, seeing that she is going down the “madness” path, so she wants to end her life before that happens - before she causes more death and destruction.

I honestly don’t see her living with that kind of guilt. Not unless they truly do make her go mad and evil.

I still wonder how they’ll accomplish that with Drogon, though. Maybe she’ll tell him to let it happen (the dragons are smart and do seem to understand conversations). Maybe he’ll become Jon’s dragon after that.
    Don't think that would be the case. From how I understand, Dany has developed a sense of superiority bordering on god complex from the time in Essos. No wonder, there were prophecies about her, she hatched 3 dragons to whom she considers herself the mother, she freed the slaves in multiple cities and was beloved. Remember the scene where she went into the crowd of freed slaves, and they chanted her name and lifted her? She was their benevolent saviour.

She comes to Westeros, and everything is shit. Nobody wants her here, nobody even considers her the queen. She loses most of her army in a conflict she didn't even know existed, she has no support, her dragons are being killed, her allies betray her or get killed. People seem to mind her burning other people, which was cool in Essos.

I think it's believable for her to act out on her god complex once again, this time violently, to make sure people remember that she is their superior and rightful queen. That's what she means when she talks about how they should fear her. And that's why I doubt we will see her actions as truly wrong. In her mind she is taking what is rightfully her, by any means she has to. Jon is rather going to be the next person she will try to rule by fear, I doubt she considers him a peer enough to listen to at this point. The show has just enough runtime for her to threaten Jons family if he doesn't comply and/or fuck off.

Short of the whole ''dragon'' bit, the coalition attack on King's Landing is not particulary brutal compared to most sieges ending by storming the place (the rules in Europe was asking surrender before the siege, then asking surrender after a breach, presumably not made by dragonfiire, is made in the walls, then….unpleasanteries, with efforts to limit them in the modern era), especially when all three sides (Northerners, Dothrakis, Unnsullied) have suffered from Cersei.

Presumably, to be extremely direct, while Unsullied are presumably above this, even the most desperate Dothraki was not getting much thus far (loot and...other stuff) from the campaign in Westeros. I mean, you can't loot or sell as slaves Undead...or you know ''give them the HBO treatment''

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I thought it was disappointing. Who fights on stairs like that? And the ragdoll to Qyburn was a joke death, and Cersei just creeping past with no bother. And the Mountain looked utterly ridiculous. The suicide dive would have had more impact emotionally if 1) the Hound knew it was suicide and 2) he knew about the fire pit and actively accepted it as a means to an end. But instead we just got an action scene (like the rest of this season) with no real emotional connection or logical conclusion.
    I mean it was just where they ended up fighting, I don't really see the issue there.

There were two things the Hound to overcome his fear of fire, protecting either of the Stark girls, or vengeance upon his brother. The Hound 100% knew it was suicide, and while he probably wasn't absolutely sure there was fire a the bottom, there was a pretty high chance considering overhead shots of Drogon breathing above them along with him reaching the red keep with the entire city being engulfed in flame.

The Hound allowing Cersei to creep past made perfect sense if you take into consideration the conversation he just had with Arya. She was doomed and there was several ways she was going to die, and it was only a question of which one was actually going to do her in. His whole goal was to turn Arya away so she doesn't become consumed with revenge so that she can live out her life, with the other goal obviously being to take his brother out. Cersei was dead woman walking, and it wasn't worth his time or her time.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Gregor dies by Sandor pushing him into a fire. That's pretty much perfect revenge. And Sandor being fearless why the city burns around him is him finally getting over his fear of fire.
    More like pushing him to a couple of hundred feet drop which happened to have fire at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    More like pushing him to a couple of hundred feet drop which happened to have fire at the bottom.
    That assumes the Mountain died from any of that anyway. He seemed rather unkillable given the dagger to the head etc. that didn't seem to have any effect. One would hope that between the fall and the fire it would be enough but who is to say.

In several scenes it's shown that the wights are pretty much everywhere, including the crypts and the main hall. Pockets of resistance in some small areas? Sure. But THOUSANDS of troops? No. The castle was pretty much overrun by the Army of the Dead. Especially after the Night King raised the fallen.
    Which is it....it was too dark and poorly shot that you could not make out anything, or it was crisp and clear HD and you could make out everything?

Liked Clegane's conclusion to his story arc. It wasn't well written or anything but it got the job done.

Liked the dragon destroying the gates to King's Landing, that was good.

Cersei's ending was a major let down, as was Jamies.

Ayra giving up on her vengeance crusade seemed off. Seeing what she did to the Fey's and Little Finger, etc. It was her sole driving motivation and then she just quits and goes home.

Deny losing her mind, I didn't buy that either. She was the "mother" to all those slaves she saved and then she goes off and kills all those poor towns people? Didn't make much sense.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2019-05-13 at 02:27 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Fully expected the leaks to be true. I was really mad when I first read them, but seeing it on TV, it was really something.

Too much slow face cams near the end for my taste and the Arya bit was meh.

I bet the ending will piss even more people.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Fully expected the leaks to be true. I was really mad when I first read them, but seeing it on TV, it was really something.

Too much slow face cams near the end for my taste and the Arya bit was meh.

I bet the ending will piss even more people.
    Yeah, I think reading the leaks mentally prepared me for accepting the show for what it was. I knew there were massive logic leaps and mischaracterizations, but I still wanted to see it play out on screen. I agree with the Arya bit; they could've cut 30 mins out of this episode, like the whole city is burning, we get it already. I don't think the ending is fully supported, as there are conflicting leaks, so anything could still happen as far as the last few moments of the show and who sits on the throne (if it even exists after the whole keep collapsed lol).

5+ Year Old Account
    Needless to say, that's BS. We have all seen episode 3, we have all seen that the main characters were the only ones left fighting by the time the Night King reached Bran.
    No, u saw the camera focus on the main characters, not on all the troops how they fared in the defense of winterfell. There's limits on time n costs.

So u have no idea how it went for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Deny losing her mind, I didn't buy that either. She was the "mother" to all those slaves she saved and then she goes off and kills all those poor towns people? Didn't make much sense.
    Deep down I felt this coming.
    When the screen pans out over Kings Landing & shows her waiting on the walls for the bells (citizens screaming for it). Zooms in & she's twitching.
    I was like "Naaaaah, she's gonna burn this BITCH down y'all". She's such an exceptional Targaryen. Would make daddy proud.