10+ Year Old Account
    The events around Drogo, the great funeral pyre, and its aftermath (I'll call them the triplets) will have people scrambling back next year.

3 new kings by season's end, the creepy stuff starting to bubble to the surface in the north, Syrio kicking some major ass to buy Arya time... the last 4 episodes should be awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    People tend to like the most boring characters like Ned, and the author don't really like them and kills them. Most of the interesting characters like Tyrion or Daenerys will be fine. There is even a point in the book when a boring character gets killed and then resurrected as more "interesting"
    By "interesting" I assume you mean creepy as hell. But yeah, in this show/book there isn't this classic unspoken rule of "main characters don't die".

Deleted
    The crowning is going to be epic. I am just concerned that HBO will stint on the detail, and not because I just wanna see some grisly shit, I felt the description in the book really did the act justice, and it would be a shame if we only see a shadow of whats going on etc. or just heard screams.

Also, cannot wait to see Tywin Lannister, I think the actor they chose for Littlefinger was perfect, so I hope they do the same with Tywin.

i got the first book a few days ago and will start reading it when my exams are over next week, can someone please tell me though, is bran able to walk again?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torticoli View Post
    You should. You definitely should.

---------- Post added 2011-05-10 at 09:55 AM ----------

You sure you want to know ?

/SPOILER

So far, no. He does develop some more... interesting aptitudes, though.

/ENDSPOILER

Also, I just read a theory regarding Jon Snow's parents. The things I would do to have the damn Dance with Dragons in my hands right now...
    That he's the son of Neds Sister and Rheagar (sp?)
    I think it has some merit tbh... Ned never refers to Jon as my son only 'you have my blood' which could mean Stark blood
    Genuinly cannot wait for the new book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    The events around Drogo, the great funeral pyre, and its aftermath (I'll call them the triplets) will have people scrambling back next year.

3 new kings by season's end, the creepy stuff starting to bubble to the surface in the north, Syrio kicking some major ass to buy Arya time... the last 4 episodes should be awesome.
    I can't wait for all of that Drogo's Funeral and the whole scene around Dany's delivery are some of my favourite in the book, not to mention Syrio being a MASSIVE pimp , I know it's kinda...implied that he dies, but I've gotta say I always kinda hoped he was going to show up again, somewhere after magically escaping...

as for HBO skimping on the details for the crowning..... I might consider that, if it wasn't HBO these guys are known to put it all into shows, and not shy away from gizzly bits, I'm fully expecting his crowing to be WRONG as all hell, and gross enough to make people run crying to offcom
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I can't wait for all of that Drogo's Funeral and the whole scene around Dany's delivery are some of my favourite in the book, not to mention Syrio being a MASSIVE pimp , I know it's kinda...implied that he dies, but I've gotta say I always kinda hoped he was going to show up again, somewhere after magically escaping...
    Syrio's cool and all... but...

Jaqen H'ghar...

Quote Originally Posted by hankitg View Post
    The crowning is going to be epic. I am just concerned that HBO will stint on the detail, and not because I just wanna see some grisly shit, I felt the description in the book really did the act justice, and it would be a shame if we only see a shadow of whats going on etc. or just heard screams.
    I don't think they'll shy away from the details there much. There's a scene in another HBO show, Carnivale, where one of the main characters gets tarred and feathered; and it's pretty intense. I don't think I'd ever seen a tar and feathering done in a movie or show like that before. They weren't afraid to show some grisly stuff this episode in the joust, and the crowning is a pretty big scene for the story.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Never read the books. however does that little kid ever walk again? I'm not much one for waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Syrio's cool and all... but...

Jaqen H'ghar...
    "valar morghulis"

I think my problem with A Feast of Crows was there wasn't enough Arya in it and way too much Cersei and Brienne.

---------- Post added 2011-05-10 at 09:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ieft View Post
    Never read the books. however does that little kid ever walk again? I'm not much one for waiting.
    No. But he develops some other interesting abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    "valar morghulis"
    Valar dohaeris.

Yeah I agree that there wasn't enough Arya in AFfC, but then I think the cliffhanger's pretty deftly done. And I just loved the parts where the story was first explained through the eyes of Jaime and then Cersei, it's really evident that they're not quite the golden twins they once were.

No. But he develops some other interesting abilities.
    Man that sucks Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ieft View Post
    Man that sucks Thanks.
    Nah, what happens is actually pretty cool. =)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Who els Thinks Brien is still alive? I DOES!
    Also for those of you who are avid ASoIaF fans, heres the link to the main fansite (its got forums, links to other sites, a store etc...)
    http://asoiaf.westeros.org/

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landfall View Post
    That he's the son of Neds Sister and Rheagar (sp?)
    I think it has some merit tbh... Ned never refers to Jon as my son only 'you have my blood' which could mean Stark blood
    Genuinly cannot wait for the new book.
    Have long thought this to be most likely scenario. Read Feast for Crows right after it was released, something towards the end put the thought in my head. Can't remember what it was and I am re-reading it now. I am convinced that Jon Snow is not Eddard Stark's son but that he is, indeed, a Stark. So, a couple of other possiblities that I have entertained regarding Jon's parentage (since GRRM loves to yell "PSYCHE" and jerk the ice cream cone away) A) He is Benjen Stark's son. B) He is the son of Lyanna and Robert Baratheon....this one I would think is least likely. Just my 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Who els Thinks Brien is still alive? I DOES!
    Also for those of you who are avid ASoIaF fans, heres the link to the main fansite (its got forums, links to other sites, a store etc...)
    http://asoiaf.westeros.org/
    No way Briene is dead. =)

I like the site www.winteriscoming.net

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    No way Briene is dead. =)

I like the site www.winteriscoming.net
    She said a "word" right as they were hanging her then the chapter ended.
    She prombobly shouted "YES", or "WAIT". and agreed to go kill Jaime or something els. OOOOOOR! When she was hanged the red priest came later and rezzed her and her companions with the Lord of Light "breath of life" deal he does, I mean he was able to rezz Thoros that way SEVEN TIMES! and he seemed sympathetic, almost sad when he was talking to her in the cave. Im not going to admit she`s death till ADoD comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    "valar morghulis"

I think my problem with A Feast of Crows was there wasn't enough Arya in it and way too much Cersei and Brienne.
    there is no book that can't be improved with the adition of MOAR ARYA! easily my favourite character in the series (although Tyrion is also EPIC amounts of win) although I really doubt it'll happen, as it's supposed to be about the OTHER 1000 characters, I'm kinda hoping Arya gets a few chapters in Dance, I'd totally forgotten where she ended up (hence the now started re-reading of the series) and MAN can't wait to see where she ends up....
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    She said a "word" right as they were hanging her then the chapter ended.
    What if the word she said was.....................HODOR!
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Dragons is supposed to happen at the same time as Feast, so I doubt if much more will be answered as far as the Brienne/Arya cliffhangers. I felt that Arya had a good place in Feast, and I loved the stories around Jaimie/Brienne and Cersei's troubles. I need to reread but her plots getting turned against her by the holy warriors, that was pretty awesome. And Jaimie standing up to her.

I really enjoyed Feast, I am honestly amazed at how many people on these forums I have seen say they didn't like Feast.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface