Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    It's boring, cliché and uneventful.
    Eh it didn't take up that much screen time so w/e. Although I'd personally prefer more Littlefinger screen time!

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Potentially controversial theory:

Could the Grey Worm/Missandei scenes be the result of misguided pandering for the sake of 'diversity'? I'm really struggling to figure out why two minor characters are getting so much time in the spotlight in a series that has cut out far more popular and important characters for the sake of keeping things fairly tight. I just can't guess who the target audience for that is meant to be.
    The purpose of the characters was a romance story for the type of viewer who is interested in such things, possibly young females (like, high school age or younger).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    You know that's from the book right? And to the Valyrian quote; most likely they did not get a "ruined" version right and instead opted to go for this version. Maybe it was even intended as the rhoynar at first but they later decided to call it Valyria as it's a more interesting place for the actors to talk about.
    Well, I imagined the conversation between Stannis and Shireen had to have some forshadowing, and couldn't be just a moment between loved ones.

Is Jorah pretty much stuffed now then or can it be cured?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    Is Jorah pretty much stuffed now then or can it be cured?
    It can be stopped like Stannis did but there is no cure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    It can be stopped like Stannis did but there is no cure.
    Again, show rules might be different from novel rules, but in the source material it can be stopped in children while being 100% lethal to adults (with a small chance of being 'cured' if the infected limb is removed quickly enough).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Hands down though, best scene of the episode... That SUPER awkward dinner with Roose, Walda, Ramsey and Sansa! Holy christ that was too much, Ramsey is a world class troll, not content with parading Reek around in front of Sansa, he's now going to have him give her away? So fucking wrong. Although I'm surprised that during the apology scene Reek didn't blurt out that Bran and Rickon are still alive... Maybe he's still somehow too smart for that. Ramsey is just stealing this whole season for me so far... I've been a huge fan of the actor since his days on Misfits but damn it if he isn't pulling out ALL the stops for this show. I mean... He's a horrific person, he's a sadist and a psychopath, the whole scene with him and Myranda was so offkey I could barely watch and I think this is only a warmup for what's coming(which I think is going to catapult him to most hated character in this show)... But there's just something about him, which makes it really hard to hate him. I also thought the scene later on with him and Roose talking about Ramsey's mother was brilliant. The actor playing Roose is fucking terrifying, the calm almost monotone way he talks about the horrible shit he's done is just... Damn.
    I have to say that Ramsey is the best part of GoT at the moment. I hate the character because he is a disgusting human being but the actor is playing it so damn good!

Its not like Grey Worm/Missandei story can go anywhere, he's a god damm eunuch.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Its not like Grey Worm/Missandei story can go anywhere, he's a god damm eunuch.
    Well, it can be a vehicle for more by-the-numbers drama. Which is very likely exactly what it's going to end up being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing episode ! damn Ramsay I knew he is a psychopath but this is too much haha he is like the worse version of Joffrey.

I think the Missandei/Grey Worm scenes are starting to become clearer to me, especially after Grey Worm said he failed because he was afraid he would never see Missandei again. He failed because of love. It sounds sweet but in reality, it's only leading to ruin. The Unsullied have become sullied. They are growing weak unfortunately under Dany's rule, and I feel it will have dire consequences for her in the future. She gained her army so quickly, if she's not careful she'll lose them just as quick.

I'm reminded of Aemon's "love is the death of duty" and Robb Stark's decision to marry for love.

Sigh, these episodes are getting pretty crappy.

All the cool characters are gone (like nearly all the starks, all the baratheons sans Stannis, the viper, etc.), or they don't get any screentime (like Jamie, the tyrells, Arya, etc.).

Instead we get is boring scenes where characters don't do anything, or boring scenes with characters that are shit. Like Samwell being passive-aggressive towards his bitch (wow, I haven't seen this dynamic before. please give me more of this riveting stuff). Or Ramsay talking banalities with his bitch (where they didn't say anything we didn't already know or couldn't infer). Or Tyrion just sitting in the boat talking about nothing. Or grey worm being a whiny bitch. Or Dany being a retard (though that could be any scene with her these last few seasons). Or Sansa just being there, which apparently the only thing she "does" (they may as well have carried a bust of her around; it'd be just as interactive).

Probably the only good scenes of the episode were the abovementioned kneeling scene, and the also abovementioned scene where Stannis corrects someone's grammar, and for the latter to be the most memorable moment in an episode doesn't really speak volumes to its value as entertainment...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Amazing episode ! damn Ramsay I knew he is a psychopath but this is too much haha he is like the worse version of Joffrey.
    He is an unpredictable, sadistic lunatic who would drink the tears and blood of his enemies if he could. And that what makes him by far the best tv-character in Game of Thrones at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegislash View Post
    He is an unpredictable, sadistic lunatic who would drink the tears and blood of his enemies if he could. And that what makes him by far the best tv-character in Game of Thrones at the moment.
    Indeed ! many people were sad that we lost Joffrey (not because they love him but because of being a very good villain) but now we got even better one like Ramsay !

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Potentially controversial theory:

Could the Grey Worm/Missandei scenes be the result of misguided pandering for the sake of 'diversity'? I'm really struggling to figure out why two minor characters are getting so much time in the spotlight in a series that has cut out far more popular and important characters for the sake of keeping things fairly tight. I just can't guess who the target audience for that is meant to be.
    I think so, and it just makes me angrier every episode I see it.

So, the pros for me this episode:
    - The Boltons, Iwan Rheon is maybe the best actor on the show right now and it shows with every scene.
    - Stannis' "Fewer"
    - Jon Snow, maester Aemon and the boy

The cons
    - What the fuck are they doing near Valyria - it's an important plot device for it to be impassable - if it wasn't, why not settle there and collect their secrets?
    - Ser Jorah with greyscale, why?
    - Grey Worm
    - All the reductions in character arcs from the books, some had to go I get it, but why so many of them?
    - Ser Barriston being dead still
    - Dany being unbelievably retarded for no reason
    - Dany proposing the marriage, shines a light away from the betrayal but feels weird and out of no where
    Last edited by Ryme; 2015-05-12 at 11:02 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I know it was in the books, but Dany marrying that guy is such a stupid move. She doesn't even want to rule that side of the area. I know why she's staying - so the city doesn't squander in revolt after she leaves - but wtf is she doing marrying someone that doesn't mean anything, to anyone, across the Narrow Sea?
    She isn't as stupid as she appears. She can never again have children; marriage doesn't mean anything to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I have to say that Ramsey is the best part of GoT at the moment. I hate the character because he is a disgusting human being but the actor is playing it so damn good!
    I liked him in Misfits. Him and Stannis are easily my favorites at the moment and are really shining this season. Dany used to be one of my favorites, but she's... not learned anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I liked him in Misfits. Him and Stannis are easily my favorites at the moment and are really shining this season. Dany used to be one of my favorites, but she's... not learned anything.
    Have not seen Misfits.

The thing I do not understand about this show is how Arya can be so popular. For every scene she is in I hate her even more. How about not answer everything with a fucking question for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    The thing I do not understand about this show is how Arya can be so popular.
    She's one of my most disliked characters. I'm not sure what/how the books were going to use her and the other Starks, but they all seem very useless for how the show is going (aside from Johnny Snowballs and Darth Sansa). I feel anything Arya or Bran do will just be as annoying as the Missandei/Grey Worm nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I think so, and it just makes me angrier every episode I see it.

So, the pros for me this episode:
    - The Boltons, Iwan Rheon is maybe the best actor on the show right now and it shows with every scene.
    - Stannis' "Fewer"
    - Jon Snow, maester Aemon and the boy

The cons
    - What the fuck are they doing near Valyria - it's an important plot device for it to be impassable - if it wasn't, why not settle there and collect their secrets?
    - Ser Jorah with greyscale, why?
    - Grey Worm
    - All the reductions in character arcs from the books, some had to go I get it, but why so many of them?
    - Ser Barriston being dead still
    - Dany being unbelievably retarded for no reason
    - Dany proposing the marriage, shines a light away from the betrayal but feels weird and out of no where
    Jorah getting greyscale is the replacement for Jon Connington - books - getting it, you know, the whole F(ake)Aegon and Golden Company story.

The death of Barristan probably confirms that story that was floating around of an actor being upset about his (major) character being cut out cause it's still alive on the books, confirmed by Barristan being alive in tWoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    She isn't as stupid as she appears. She can never again have children; marriage doesn't mean anything to her.
    She can't have children? But then how can she rule anything?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."