10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Oh and yay Bronn doesn't die!?
    Best news this season! (Not that I think it's bad, the way I've seen some reviewers complaining - I just love Jerome Flynn's portrayal and will hate to see him go when/if Bronn finally leaves the stage.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    With Cersei behind bars in the next episode, I suppose that Tommen will call for his uncle Kevan. The King should at last get a better advisor.
    Yeah, the problem isn't Tommen, I don't get why everyone seems to be hating on him, if you were 14 years old, thrown into the most powerful political position in the land, and you've got your mother pulling you in one direction, and your wife in the other, whilst still trying to rule the realm and be a good ruler, and I think a part of this is him trying to step away from Joffrey, lets face it, if it had been Joffrey on the steps of the Sept, the guard wouldn't have even had to ask if he wanted them to kill the faith militant, Joffrey would already be screaming for there heads.

There was even a scene last year at Joffrey's funeral where Tywin pulls Tommen aside and starts instructing him on how to be King, and it's basically like "Don't be like this idiot."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Yeah he's been in loads of stuff, just not outside the UK.

EDIT: Actually thinking about it, he's not in Love Actually, does look similar though, and he has been in a few movies, more a TV guy though.

Maybe he hasn't be in EU stuff, but he has been in American television.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004692/
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was AWESOME in Knight's Tale... But I'm biased I fucking love that movie

And I'm really hoping Kevan Lannister turns up to advise Tommen in the next episodes, mostly to set up the epic final scene with Kevan, Varys and his little helpers.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The problem with Tommen is that he is put in a very difficult situation, very hard to solve for an inexperienced ruler. He is stuck between the tree and the bark. On one side, there is his mother, whom he loves of course, and on the other side, there is Margeary, whom he also loves. Both hate each other and schemes against the other. His mother advised him to allow the rebuilding of the Faith Militant, giving High Sparrow the right and power to stop immorality. His brother-in-law gets arrested for his homosexual behaviour and his wife for perjury. Acting in favour of the Tyrells will anger his mother. Not acting puts his relation with Margeary in jeopardy. Learning the truth about Loras' homosexuality was also probably a surprise for Tommen and probably conflicts with his own ethics and faith. That's another dilemma : should he act in Loras' favor out of love for his wife or obey the Faith (since no one is above the Gods)? Also, if he overrules the High Septon's verdict, he will go against his own law, since he is the one who allowed the Faith Militant in the first place. He gave the High Sparrow that power. I think Tommen wants to be a wise and righteous ruler. How could he be righteous if he does not submit to his own laws? With all these dilemmas happening at the same time, anybody would have a hard time taking a quick decision.

With Cersei behind bars in the next episode, I suppose that Tommen will call for his uncle Kevan. The King should at last get a better advisor.
    True. I see the issue and understand it. he is still a kid and a mamma's boy at that. Still hate him though. That is a good thing in my eyes since having strong feelings towards a character means they are well written and acted.

My take away is that the king and queen should be above the law. Allowing this means that someone could potentially put him in a situation where he breaks this law of the gods and he himself is punished. Can't have a king getting put in chains or whipped. That's madness, lol.

Of all this I side with the guards. Silly as it may sound, they seem on point. They are quick to defend the king and the queen and laws be damned. But going by this show's rep that means the guards are gonna die soon, lol

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the problem isn't Tommen, I don't get why everyone seems to be hating on him, if you were 14 years old, thrown into the most powerful political position in the land, and you've got your mother pulling you in one direction, and your wife in the other, whilst still trying to rule the realm and be a good ruler, and I think a part of this is him trying to step away from Joffrey, lets face it, if it had been Joffrey on the steps of the Sept, the guard wouldn't have even had to ask if he wanted them to kill the faith militant, Joffrey would already be screaming for there heads.
    Yeah. Sad that I prefer the J man in this scenario. And like I said above, I get that Tom is still an untrained kid. Doesn't mean I have to like him.

If it were me, well let's just pretend I'm not full of shit for a moment here haha. If it were me I would side with my mom, but putting my wife in jail would not happen. All else could fly but not that. Shitty way to rule but I would decree that the king and his wife are above the law since we are so pure and righteous and can do no wrong.

If the Sparrow and his goons protest I would probably cry to my mom after letting my guard slay them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

God those basterds, having a great time during set, getting millions and shit

They do live with the fear of getting killed every season, but I suspect the GOT cast has a blast during the time they are alive.

And did I mention they make millions?

Deleted
    They don't make millions...
    (Judging by season budget)

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendor View Post
    They don't make millions...
    (Judging by season budget)
    The big ones are.

Tyrion, Jon, Cersei, Jaime, and Dany all signed contracts for over 300k/episode starting this season.

Arya, Sansa, and Margaery all got raises too, but not quite as high and it's unclear exactly how much.

All of those contracts run through season 7, with of course the stipulation that if they're killed on the show, the contract ends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    All of those contracts run through season 7, with of course the stipulation that if they're killed on the show, the contract ends.
    Wow, that sounds brutal - at £300k/episode, I guess the actors will be more invested in their characters' fates than even us fans.

If I was Michelle Fairley, I'd be like "Hey, wait, I can play a zombie, watch .... Grrrr, braiiiins!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? There were some rumours flowing around that Maisie Williams (Arya) was gonna be replaced, cause she's getting to old/big

15+ Year Old Account
    Cersei officially wins the idiot of the century award for handing Kings Landing to the westerosi equivalent of ISIS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Really? There were some rumours flowing around that Maisie Williams (Arya) was gonna be replaced, cause she's getting to old/big
    If they replace Maisie I'll hire the faceless men to kill them all. Or found the Faceless men for the soul purpose or murderkilling them all.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Cersei officially wins the idiot of the century award for handing Kings Landing to the westerosi equivalent of ISIS.
    Yup and it's going to backfire on her pretty hard. Hopefully leading to CLEGANEBOWL!

But probably not
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    They've already been strapping her down, chest wise, since season 2, I doubt it bothers them over much now.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've already been strapping her down, chest wise, since season 2, I doubt it bothers them over much now.
    Not to mention that even in the books, Arya is, er, ummm... developing. Her legs are growing longer, and her body is maturing. Enough so that in the preview chapter for TWOW she's able to seduce a certain man into a stabby stabby death. So, if anything, they can stop making her look like a boy soon.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2015-05-26 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Please don't use spoiler tags in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this was her promo picture for season 5:

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I think it's just her face. It doesn't change expressions.

With the level of edgy she's representing herself with you could cut diamonds.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Cersei is indeed an idiot. She is ruling only for her own benefit, and probably believes that everybody think like her. Unfortunately for her, the High Sparrow may be a radical, but at least he is sincere and really wants the better good for the little people of King's Landing. Something they haven't seen for decades in both their political and religious elites. The High Sparrow feeds the needy, takes care of their wounds and illnesses, clothes them and, what is most important, preaches by the exemple. With the incoming winter, it is probably, in their minds, the better thing that could happen to King's Landing. Even if that costs the destruction of a few taverns and whorehouses... and the spectacle of a few noble heads on the city walls.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Cersei is indeed an idiot. She is ruling only for her own benefit, and probably believes that everybody think like her. Unfortunately for her, the High Sparrow may be a radical, but at least he is sincere and really wants the better good for the little people of King's Landing. Something they haven't seen for decades in both their political and religious elites. The High Sparrow feeds the needy, takes care of their wounds and illnesses, clothes them and, what is most important, preaches by the exemple. With the incoming winter, it is probably, in their minds, the better thing that could happen to King's Landing. Even if that costs the destruction of a few taverns and whorehouses... and the spectacle of a few noble heads on the city walls.
    She's been horribly slow to adapt to the death of Tywin which in many ways mirrors a quote from the Godfather: "If the old man dies we lose our political contacts and half our strength." She doesn't realize her family name isn't enough on its own and that the threat of force only goes so far. She's obviously on very short borrowed time as that little preview showed but I wouldn't be surprised if she's got a few aces up her sleeve, people in her position have those backup plans and contingencies for contingencies ready to go just in case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention, in a show where Tommen and Myrcella can go from little kids in the pilot to teens five years later, what's so out of place with Arya growing up as well?

- - - Updated - - -

You're being too kind to the High Sparrow - we all know that he's secretly Howland Reed in disguise!
    Last edited by Elysia; 2015-05-26 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Please don't use spoiler tags in this thread.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)