Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Brienne has beaten Loras, one of the greatest blades of Westeros. Himself won over The Mountain in tourney. So I doubt a weakened Hound would pose an unsurmountable threat to Brienne.
    First of all, Loras beat the Mountain in a joust, not a swordfight. The Mountain would tear him apart.

Secondly, he cheated. He used a mare in heat that made The Mountain's horse lose its focus.

Thirdly, when was Loras claimed as one of the greatest blades of Westeros?

All I saw was a giant woman beating a scrawny man, which sort of happens usually.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    First of all, Loras beat the Mountain in a joust, not a swordfight. The Mountain would tear him apart.

Secondly, he cheated. He used a mare in heat that made The Mountain's horse lose its focus.

Thirdly, when was Loras claimed as one of the greatest blades of Westeros?

All I saw was a giant woman beating a scrawny man, which sort of happens usually.
    Ser Loras is most certainly a very skilled fighter.
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Loras_Tyrell

Deleted

PS: I think we`ll have a Dragonslayer sooner or later.
    Last edited by mmoc63637ca40b; 2014-06-12 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    That part will sadden me once more. Such a great character, and amazing acting from Charles Dance.
    Considering he hasn't read the books (at least that's what he said), even more so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Considering he hasn't read the books (at least that's what he said), even more so
    He did say that he knows how he dies, EDIT OUT.
    Last edited by sinilaid; 2014-06-12 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    He did say that he knows how he dies, Julian Glover ( Grand Maester Pycelle) spoiled it for him.
    I was under impression after one interview that he had discussion with fan who told him how it happens. Something along lines of "Do you know how you die?" "No I haven't read the books" "Would you like to know" "Do tell" ....... "Oh that's how....." etc. etc.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I was under impression after one interview that he had discussion with fan who told him how it happens. Something along lines of "Do you know how you die?" "No I haven't read the books" "Would you like to know" "Do tell" ....... "Oh that's how....." etc. etc.
    Oh yea, rewatches the interview and your right. I should stop posting things and go to sleep.... its 1:48am here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    It's amazing to me that an actor portraying a character in a series like GoT can have not read the books.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I wonder if it'll be the same as in the books... Seeing as shae loves Tyrian in the show.
    I'm starting to think that Tywin won't die on the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It's amazing to me that an actor portraying a character in a series like GoT can have not read the books.
    Several of the actors on the show have reportedly not read the books because they want to play each scene/book in the moment and not be influenced by a character's future, especially since that future might be different on screen. Also, Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) told TMZ he's never seen the show because he doesn't have HBO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently a lot of the cast haven't. Although Maisie Williams has a good excuse, her mother won't let her .

Speaking of Arya... Has anyone seen her latest posts on Facebook? The countdown to her going full on Miley Cyrus on us has begun...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Going back several pages here... but there is absolutely no reason that ADWD and AFFC have to be filmed simultaneously just because they happen concurrently. They could... you know... do just the first parts? Dunno why that's such a big fear.

- - - Updated - - -

Because the book characters and show characters aren't quite the same people in most cases?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Nah I can't see them cutting out that whole Blackfish - Jaime scene. It's too damn good and defining. And I really don't think he's going to Dorne. I have a strong feeling that Loras will go to Dorne instead. He fits the character of Arys Oakheart, not by age, but by act. Plus, he doesn't do much in the books, apart from later storming Dragonstone and getting injured.
    I wonder if the Siege of Riverrun is that important in the overall story. There is not even the goal to take Robb Stark's widow captive, since she's dead in the tv show (and was not even Jeyne Westerling, the daughter of a Lannister supporter). If she's dead, her unborn child is also dead. Therefore, there is no heir to wear the crown of the North and there's no reason to support House Stark anymore. Evenless when Robb's brothers are thought dead. So Riverrun has probably begrudgingly accepted the rule of House Frey. Edmure is held hostage, so the people will probably keep the peace.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Why? They're actors. Their job is to read the scripts and follow direction, not obsess over source material. Most actors don't want the books to influence their performance, especially because the show doesn't adapt it exactly as it was written.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    True that, but I guess it wasn't a problem for the actor initiately.
    An intro scene with his helm would be cool, but it isn't as if Oberyn could've alteast wore a helmet for 20 sec like the mountain.
    Feel like they're cutting the Ironborn unless they become significantly more important in future books. iirc, Damphair hasn't done anything very important so far in the books.
    I seriously think the Ironborn are just outright getting the axe. Balon is probably going to die offscreen, like he did in the books, they might have a scene of the Kingsmoot, but I don't know how integral the raiding party of Highgarden's lands is to the storyline. That can be covered in a small council meeting with Mace Tyrell expressing his indignation at Euron, the new King, and his insane tactics. Then, Victarion's quest to get Dany - well, I have a feeling that's going to fail in the books, even with a red priest with him, so it can probably be neatly lifted out of the television series. The only real compelling Ironborn storyline is whether Theon can overcome being Reek and be King, and how Asha fits into that whole picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I wonder if it'll be the same as in the books... Seeing as shae loves Tyrian in the show.
    I'm starting to think that Tywin won't die on the toilet.
    I'm confident they will. They already alluded to it in an episode where one of the characters talked about the variety of ways you can die one of which was dieing on the toilet.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I seriously think the Ironborn are just outright getting the axe. Balon is probably going to die offscreen, like he did in the books, they might have a scene of the Kingsmoot, but I don't know how integral the raiding party of Highgarden's lands is to the storyline. That can be covered in a small council meeting with Mace Tyrell expressing his indignation at Euron, the new King, and his insane tactics. Then, Victarion's quest to get Dany - well, I have a feeling that's going to fail in the books, even with a red priest with him, so it can probably be neatly lifted out of the television series. The only real compelling Ironborn storyline is whether Theon can overcome being Reek and be King, and how Asha fits into that whole picture.
    I guarantee you're hugely underestimating the Greyjoy storyline.

Can you? Have you read the last two books somewhere, because I'd like a link to them then.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yes to both of these!

I do hope it's Jaime... mostly because that would be more surprising/upsetting for her.

I REALLY hope it's something he does of his own freewill.

Hmm, I never thought about it like that but I do believe you are correct.

Ooooh, there is reason to hope for Arya!

Yea I also agree on this point. My bet is the last five minutes will be her showing up and declaring what's his face should die. And that's it.
    It's going to be Jaime. I can almost guarantee it. Valonquar translates to younger brother, NOT younger sister. So Arya is out.

People forget that Cersei is the older twin, and that Jaime is also her younger brother. Jaime is sexually jealous and conflicted, and has been stung by her recent infidelities. Most importantly, and most poetically, we see that Cersei is becoming overly enamoured with Wildfire, precisely the same problem that Mad King Aerys had. Prediction: Jaime will once again save King's Landing and its half-million inhabitants by killing a pyromaniac ruler before they can incinerate everyone living inside. He viewed his murder of Aerys as his finest moment, and is reviled for it because no one knows the truth. He will be loved for his killing of Cersei because everyone hates her, but he will view it as his worst act. He will then commit suicide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Can you? Have you read the last two books somewhere, because I'd like a link to them then.
    He does have a point, I doubt Martin would have built up the Greyjoys over the 5 books if he wasn't going to do anything with them.