Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Half sister.

Current theory is R + L = J, which is massively popular.

There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him

Jon Snow needs to die to be free of his Oath. Melisandre of Asshai (who currently believes that Stannis is R'hllor's chosen one), will realize her mistake and understand that it was Jon all along. She will resurrect Jon with Stannis's blood. Jon Snow will be reborn as Azor Ahai and will forge the Lightbringer by thrusting his Valarian Steel sword through Melisandre's heart.

Armed with the Lightbringer, the Red Sword of the heroes, Azor Ahai will lead the armies of the R'hllor against the army of the Great Other.

According to prophecy, in ancient books of Asshai from over five thousand years ago, Azor Ahai is to be reborn again as a champion sent by R'hllor. This will occur after a long summer when an evil, cold darkness descends upon the world. It is said that wielding Lightbringer once again, Azor Ahai will stand against the Others and if he fails, the world fails with him.
    Yeah you're a little late to the party. I explained all of this pages and pages ago. And no, not half siblings. Aunt and nephew. Rhaegar, Jon's dad, is Denaerys' brother.

My response was replying to someone who was trying to assert that Jon and Daeny were twin children of Lyanna. I explained that wasn't the case because theres an age difference.

To bring you up to speed, Tyrion is Daenys half sibling.

Also Mel as Nissa Nissa? Interesting take. Not sure I agree, but possible.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2015-06-02 at 04:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    That would be very possible. And that would also explain Tywin's hatred of Tyrion.

I am fairly certain that Tyrion is completely unaware of it.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be very possible. And that would also explain Tywin's hatred of Tyrion.

I am fairly certain that Tyrion is completely unaware of it.
    As I also explained haha. At least read the last few pages before commenting. :-p

Yeah you're a little late to the party. I explained all of this pages and pages ago. And no, not half siblings. Aunt and nephew.

My response was replying to someone who was trying to assert that Jon and Daeny were twins. I explained that wasn't the case.

Also Mel as Nissa Nissa? Interesting take. Not sure I agree, but possible.
    Tyrion is not Daenys half sibling, The TV show has made no connection at all about this and only in the slightest from the books, the comment that the Mad King Areys liked/loved Lady Joanna (Tywins Wife) and the "took liberties" doesn't mean that he impregnated her.

The hatred that Tywin feels toward Tyrion is from the fact that Tyrion is exactly like Tywin even his desire to drink/whore.

Genna said specifically that Tyrion is more like Tywin then Jamie/Cercie who takes after their mother and other family members.
    Last edited by Masoner; 2015-06-02 at 03:19 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    Tyrion is not Daenys half sibling, The TV show has made no connection at all about this and only in the slightest from the books, the comment that the Mad King Areys liked/loved Lady Joanna (Tywins Wife) and the "took liberties" doesn't mean that he impregnated her.

The hatred that Tywin feels toward Tyrion is from the fact that Tyrion is exactly like Tywin even his desire to drink/whore.

Genna said specifically that Tyrion is more like Tywin then Jamie/Cercie who takes after their mother and other family members.
    Yeah, you also need to read the last few pages. You're in for a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    Have they ever mentioned anything about Stannis's flaming sword on the TV series ?
    1 time @ the start of the (2nd season)? when he was burning the seven and he pulls the burning sword out...etc

he also sets him self on fire from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Last few pages of this thread? nah no amount of peoples opinions/thinking's can change what I understand. He is not her half brother. There would be some connections made in the simplified TV show if that was where GRR was going and the stuff in the book is far from even making slight connections.

Oh there is the "dream" of dragons that he had but it could be that he simply enjoyed dragons/read about dragons...etc

^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you point me a suitable post please. I read last like 10 pages of drivel. Seemed general nonsense. Your stuff must have been way back.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you point me a suitable post please. I read last like 10 pages of drivel. Seemed general nonsense. Your stuff must have been way back.
    7349, 7355, 7376. Bulk 7355, but the others contain details as well. Only 2-3 pages ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    1 time @ the start of the (2nd season)? when he was burning the seven and he pulls the burning sword out...etc

he also sets him self on fire from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Last few pages of this thread? nah no amount of peoples opinions/thinking's can change what I understand. He is not her half brother. There would be some connections made in the simplified TV show if that was where GRR was going and the stuff in the book is far from even making slight connections.

Oh there is the "dream" of dragons that he had but it could be that he simply enjoyed dragons/read about dragons...etc

^^
    "I've dismissed a strawman of your statements, and ignored the other half so I can't be bothered to read the actual statements".

K.

If you wish to not have to search, I outlined the posts above for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    We need Aragon's undead army to fight the whitewalkers!
    No, we need Ash Williams. Boomsticks and pillow talks are sorely needed on the wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I read your older posts and am now upto speed . And I am going to agree with you on all that. Couldn't have spelled it out better.

I assume you also know the story of the Wall and how and why it was built - the pact between the living and the Others (which the living broke btw).

IMHO - people who are backing Dany to be AA is in for a shocking surprise soon.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I read your older posts and am now upto speed . And I am going to agree with you on all that. Couldn't have spelled it out better.

I assume you also know the story of the Wall and how and why it was built - the pact between the living and the Others (which the living broke btw).

IMHO - people who are backing Dany to be AA is in for a shocking surprise soon.
    Its hard to tell if it was a pact or just happened, because its so far in the past. Its all legend at this point. And that distinction would matter when it comes to motivation for the various forces involved.

I'm not sure if they're in for hat much of a surprise. Its pretty evident that Daeny is bound up in the AA prophecy as well.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Indeed. The silence was very effective.
    It was one of the best scenes this season. Insanely powerful. And Kit can really act.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Jorah is like the male version of Sansa. While obviously not as bad, Jorah has had some rough shit happen.
    I'd like to see White Walker Johnny Snowballs stab No-so-Darth Sansa in the face and then Frosty McSansasauce eats Arya's heart.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    No, we need Ash Williams. Boomsticks and pillow talks are sorely needed on the wall.
    With lots n lots of horse blankets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    And now he got to die, and join his enemies, its a slamdunk.
    Yep, that one certainly backfired on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Not if it is just him and 20 men. That's a Stan the Man hit squad.
    Maybe he'll bring his dogs to turn the tide again, the ones that scared off not-Asha's raid of hardened killers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Maybe he'll bring his dogs to turn the tide again, the ones that scared off not-Asha's raid of hardened killers.
    She's supposed to be in Episode 10 isn't she? Pop along, get scared by the dogs, let us know she's alive, see you in another season Yara.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Secret weapon hasn't been named yet in the tv show. Ser Robert Strong. In the books, he does win trial by combat for her--but she is still made to parade through the streets of King's Landing, nekkid.
    She hasn't had her trial yet. The walk is for the lesser crimes she confessed.

Also, can people please stop saying "Daeny"? Dany is not some bastardized shortening by readers/viewers talking about her, it's how it's spelled even when she's thinking about herself in the freaking books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Also, can people please stop saying "Daeny"? Dany is not some bastardized shortening by readers/viewers talking about her, it's how it's spelled even when she's thinking about herself in the freaking books.
    People will be people. Sometimes you have to just deal with it. Hell, every time someone says "Targ" the first thing that pops into my mind is the Klingon boar-type animal from Star Trek.

Anyways...I just got to watch the episode last night. It was definitely one of the best ones IMO. That boat seriously looked so close to the docks when they panned out that even if the undead can't swim, you'd think they'd still be able to leap onto it.

Really looking forward to the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    She hasn't had her trial yet. The walk is for the lesser crimes she confessed.

Yeah, she confesses just to be released and has to walk naked through the city as atonement for lying....but her trial for incest/treason etc is still forthcoming, in the books.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    She can't admit the incest not due to shame, but due to the whole "Tommen isn't the real heir to the throne" thing.
    Last edited by Darth Belichick; 2015-06-02 at 09:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That's true. It could defiantly threaten Tommens claim on the throne.
    It suits the Faith Militant to have Tommen on the Throne though, what are the other options? Stannis and the Red God? Balon and the Drowned God?

They might be fanatics, but they aren't stupid, having someone they can control, even if they are an abomination, is far better than having another religion as the state religion.