10+ Year Old Account
    People at westeros.org were also saying that stannis win the battle but then ends.up.being killed by Brienne, although this one remains a bit sketchy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    im gonna have to.go with fake

- - - Updated - - -

lady stoneheart
    Yeah everyone in the 4chan thread is saying the same, a shame really as I'd love if she showed up, I really hope they don't ignore her character.

Deleted
    People at westeros.org were also saying that stannis win the battle but then ends.up.being killed by Brienne, ...
    Dramatically, I can see that happening.

Realistically, I struggle to see how Brienne could pull that off and still live.

But then after Ramsay's exploits last week, if I think that, I guess I haven't been paying attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brienne "killed" the Hound I think she will have no problem with Stannis.
    Talk about plot armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Dramatically, I can see that happening.

Realistically, I struggle to see how Brienne could pull that off and still live.

But then after Ramsay's exploits last week, if I think that, I guess I haven't been paying attention.
    If she does, first thats a whole loy of death and second its one hell of a simplification of Stannis arc. We know hes doomed, but geez.

Kills his daughter.in one ep and his offed by in the next

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    [splolr] Warging Jon?[/splol]

Sqweeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    About time, I hate how they downplayed the entire Stark family being able to warg.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol
    That's a wargasm if I've ever seen one.
    More like eyepiercing blackbarsgasm x.x

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    It's happening ! \o/

(sorry Wilian, I stole your job )
    Damn you! My OCD was #triggered before I got to your message >.<
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Stannis dying I don't have a problem with. If it's Brienne...eh. I'd rather it be Ramsey or hell I'd almost rather it be he gets overrun by random soldiers in battle and get killed. I don't have the Brienne hate that a lot of people do, but it'd be kind of weak if she's barely in it all season and comes out of no where to kill Stannis.

People at westeros.org were also saying that stannis win the battle but then ends.up.being killed by Brienne, although this one remains a bit sketchy
    That seems to be pointless.

So the shows spends all this energy building up Stannis this season so that he can be made into a villain (from the perspective of the audience). The whole purpose of going though all this is to see how it plays out in the long game. How will effect Stannis personally, what about Davos, and the rest of his army? Does Stannis lean more on Mel after this, or does his guilt cause him to push her away?

To just wack him in the next episode undermines the entire purpose of his storyline, especially if it is someone completely unrelated to the main Stannis storyline. Yeah, revenge for Renly, (wait who is Renly again)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    That seems to be pointless.

So the shows spends all this energy building up Stannis this season so that he can be made into a villain (from the perspective of the audience). The whole purpose of going though all this is to see how it plays out in the long game. How will effect Stannis personally, what about Davos, and the rest of his army? Does Stannis lean more on Mel after this, or does his guilt cause him to push her away?

To just wack him in the next episode undermines the entire purpose of his storyline, especially if it is someone completely unrelated to the main Stannis storyline. Yeah, revenge for Renly, (wait who is Renly again)
    Well not only that. The whole character of Stannis is entirely useless if this would happen, why introduce this major character if you then don't do anything with it? It's also that his whole storyline this season is an utter waste of time if that's the case.

Better not kill stannis.. we need him on the iron throne to unite the kingdoms and lead the charge against the white walkers (racism.. why are they WHITE!).
    He is the rightful king. #TeamStannis !!!
    I can see Stannis winning against the boltons and then littlefinger's army of the vale attacks and get's crushed by some magic shadow shit storm of ice and fire.

I hope Jon Snow becomes the new night king.

Jon Snow
    Ramsay Bolton
    Melisandre
    Stannis Baratheon

Two of these people will not survive the finale. Calling it. My money is on Jon & Stannis both being killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Jon Snow
    Ramsay Bolton
    Melisandre
    Stannis Baratheon

Two of these people will not survive the finale. Calling it. My money is on Jon & Stannis both being killed.
    Ramsay dies
    Jon dies but not rly
    Stannis survives
    Melisandre I don't know, maybe she gets killed by selyse.

Sansa will kill Ramsay with the help of Reek (she managed to grab something a few episodes back)
    Roose Bolton will get killed by Stannis combined with Melisandre's magic.
    Jon gets stabbed by olly and wargs into something (ghost / wun wun) possible that we won't see his warg target and after his eyes are in warg mode we get the credits...

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelato View Post
    Am I the only one who was bothered by the fact that no one tried to throw a spear at Dany, especially when she was climbing onto Drogon?
    This is an artifact left over from the books, and the change D&D made. BTW, not a bad change this time but it did leave the oddity you noticed.

In the books Drogon appears because he's hungry and curious. He smells blood and hears a tumult. Dany, while nearly assassinated, is not under some heavy attack by dozens of people. (poisoning attempt instead) So when he appears and kills some competitors, the soldiers close ranks to kill him. Dany wades in and stands between the dragon and the soldiers (her unsullied) so that they dont kill him. Then she mounts and rides off. Noone throw spears because she's there and they don't want to hurt her.

Having the soldiers be largely the rebel Sons of the Harpy turns this on it's face, and they decided to keep the lack of spear throwing likely because the SotH were "awed" or some such.

Deleted
    And everyone has managed to forget that Kevan is returning to Kings Landing...
    He`s dead too.

But I wonder about the future of House Baratheon. Shireen is dead, Selyse too and Stannis most likely going to die too... that leaves Gendry but he`s a bastard in exile.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Cersei's a lot more likable on the show than in the books since we get to see her perspective sooner. She's also not entirely without redeeming qualities (she's not stupid, she's simply reckless and hot headed and her love for her children means she's unlikely to ever pull a 'Stannis' in order to keep getting her way).

She's unhinged, yes, but that can be said about the bulk of the characters on the show. Some - like Joffrey and Ramsay - are just plain crazy. Others, like Cersei and Ellaria have been made that way as a product of trauma.
    Cersei murdered her best friend while a young teenager because her friend had the misfortune of hearing a negative prophecy. So... no. Cersei isn't just the product of trauma. She's every bit the murderous brat as the others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chibas View Post
    And everyone has managed to forget that Kevan is returning to Kings Landing...
    He`s dead too.

But I wonder about the future of House Baratheon. Shireen is dead, Selyse too and Stannis most likely going to die too... that leaves Gendry but he`s a bastard in exile.
    Yeah, there's a few Great Houses in dire peril. At this point the Starks are actually doing pretty well...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    ..., and they decided to keep the lack of spear throwing likely because the SotH were "awed" or some such.
    Well, to be fair, if you are sneaking in to assassinate a queen, you are unlikely to be carrying a spear - it's hard to hide. The Sons of the Harpy seemed almost entirely armed with daggers, which are easy to conceal. I presume the spears they threw were taken from dead unsullied, so would be in limited amounts.

Plus Drogon did scorch at least two groups of the most threatening assassins.

I'm rather impressed some sons stayed around to try to take on a dragon after seeing its flamethrowing.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Screw Dorne and that horrible plot.....

And really? The Tyrion being a Targaryen sillyness?

I can give you tons of evidence if you'd like. It's funny, there's a group of us slowly accumulating more and more from the books. We're kind've in that "accretion" phase where we're realizing he's hidden more than we thought. Kind've like the first couple of R+L=J threads over at westeros.org.

But for you to dismiss it so out of hand when I've actually already given a bunch of rather convincing evidence lets me know that you don't seem to want to listen. So carry on I guess.

(For the rest of you, on the balance of probability, Tyrion is more likely to be A+J=T than T+J=T at this point.) How his Targaryen ancestry plays out is up in the air, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Well, to be fair, if you are sneaking in to assassinate a queen, you are unlikely to be carrying a spear - it's hard to hide. The Sons of the Harpy seemed almost entirely armed with daggers, which are easy to conceal. I presume the spears they threw were taken from dead unsullied, so would be in limited amounts.

Plus Drogon did scorch at least two groups of the most threatening assassins.

I'm rather impressed some sons stayed around to try to take on a dragon after seeing its flamethrowing.
    Hmm, that's a good logical point. I didn't think of it that way. They didn't start with the arms they needed to take on a dragon and thus had limited ammo.

As for sticking around, that makes sense to me. These guys were killing slaves, unsullied, and masters alike. The only thing that seems to unite them is hatred for Dany. (Maybe some sort of historical connection to the enduring one-sided hatred between the Harpy and the Dragon of old Valyria?) So it makes sense to me that they would try to kill Dany's symbol and source of power. Imagine the change in fortunes had they succeeded.

Deleted

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    The blood is different in a way that doesn't make sense for a spreading pool of blood...
    Almost like it's going to form the shape of a direwolf-- oh wait.