Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    Yeah that didn't bother me one bit. I was more perplexed with Benjen saying there was "no time" to jump on the horse. I literally lol'd when he said that.
    My only somewhat logical explanation to this is that he meant it would take too much time to reach Castle Black if they both rode on that horse due to reduced riding speed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Ghost was too expensive this season. We're lucky we even saw Nymeria.
    No shit if you see how much they had to beg for there to be a wight polar bear....
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Sansa was a completely different person up until the beheading of Ned. She was a child. That much isn't debated. But it's no indication of who she is now. And Arya, more than anyone, should recognize that, seeing how much she's changed since she was at Ned's beheading.
    I agree, but Arya doesn't seem to be contemplating that, and probably assumes that her behavior growing up reflects who she is now. A few episodes ago Arya accused her of wanting Jon out of the way as it is.

Arya's going to see the worst in people, because that's generally what the world has shown her, with few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Maybe you're just not as discerning as some people.

• Rushed pacing, leaving little time for character development, political maneuvering, etc.
    • Poor editing makes it difficult to gauge passage of time between scenes, making the show more and more disorienting as bigger time jumps are happening.
    • Show has become conventional, where it used to defy genre conventions. Generic monster enemies, heroic good guys, etc.
    • Stakes feel low, as nearly everyone has plot armor. Only redshirts are dying, for the most part. Used to feel like nobody was safe.
    • Convenient and predictable writing. Instead of the plot unraveling in an organic manner, it's obvious that they're "writing to the moment," which means that characters are just doing things and going places in order to setup reunions and battle scenes with little or no regard for personal or political motivation.
    • Reduced scope. Smaller cast, smaller world (because characters travel so fast), everything feels less consequential (because it plays out so quickly).
    • Underutilized sets and actors. How many days did they even need Isaac Hempstead-Wright on set, three? There are a bunch of characters who have had almost no screen time and no development. Oh, and where's Ghost?

This show has so much potential that it's just not living up to. With such an amazing budget, and such incredible production design, it hurts that much more to see such weak scriptwriting.
    The problem is 100% on GRRM's side. D&D aren't as good as GRRM when it comes to writing an epic story, and GRRM can't be fucking bothered to babysit D&D through season 7 and 8. They just make shit up as they go, and GRRM just winks it through because he's more busy counting his millions, dollar by dollar, or whatever. Surely not much concerned about his books... WHEN IS THIS GOD DAMN BOOK COMING FOR FUCKS SAKE GEORGE?

And it was these books that made the show so good, the very moment they started to turn away from the books drastically (from my perspective all started with Sand Snakes Arc), the show has gone downhill in all these aspects you just mentioned. D&D don't even have the resourcefulness to come up with 10 episodes for this season, and the last season will be only 6 episodes long IIRC. They're out of their depth, simply put.

To be fair though, I still enjoy the show very much and today's events weren't so crystal clear to me because.. well, duh. I avoid fucking spoilers. Guess the one or two here who complain so much about the story being so transparent should not be reading hacked leaks. Not saying everyone does it, but I'm kinda getting the vibes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I watched that part. I'm glad they did finally decide to do it. The zombie bear was awesome. I do miss Ghost, though
    Prob get to see Ghost when we get to Winterfell again with jon present.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Raven View Post
    I'm still wondering where the hell Ghost went to since he's been AWOL ever since Jon was brought back.
    Winterfell, Sasna said so in ep 5, patiently waiting for Jon like a good Doggo, Probably fucking Nym for all i know, that massive wolf pack has gotta come back at some point.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-08-21 at 07:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    The problem is 100% on GRRM's side. D&D aren't as good as GRRM when it comes to writing an epic story, and GRRM can't be fucking bothered to babysit D&D through season 7 and 8. They just make shit up as they go, and GRRM just winks it through because he's more busy counting his millions, dollar by dollar, or whatever. Surely not much concerned about his books... WHEN IS THIS GOD DAMN BOOK COMING FOR FUCKS SAKE GEORGE?
    Was it not said somewhere that before the scripts go to the actors or HBO they go to GRRM first so he can make comments on it?

Yeah, I watched that part. I'm glad they did finally decide to do it. The zombie bear was awesome. I do miss Ghost, though
    Someone has to figure out Dany is pregnant, Canines are good with that.

Deleted
    Where's the leak at!

He's probably chilling in the goodswood or outside with Nym, and would come when needed, tho he probably wouldn't get in between Arya and sansa as they are both Starks, Sansa is pretty much safe from everyone save Arya, as long as Balish thinks he has her.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Was it not said somewhere that before the scripts go to the actors or HBO they go to GRRM first so he can make comments on it?
    Yes, he does. But truth be told... the way the show has turned out so much different from the books, not just in regards to the plot line but also in regards to "nobody is safe" (why the hell didn't Jorah or Tormund die today? What the fuck is this plot armor?), makes me wonder if he really cares that much. They all PROMISED the ending will be the same, but the way how they reach it will differ from the books.

And what can GRRM do, anyway? He got bought. He's seen the success of the show and trusts D&D more than he should.

But again, who ever thinks that the show is bad is just insane. The show is great and I think the CGI scenes are fit for cinema.

The only thing really that annoys me is the teleportation that's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Yes, he does. But truth be told... the way the show has turned out so much different from the books, not just in regards to the plot line but also in regards to "nobody is safe" (why the hell didn't Jorah or Tormund die today? What the fuck is this plot armor?), makes me wonder if he really cares that much. They all PROMISED the ending will be the same, but the way how they reach it will differ from the books.

And what can GRRM do, anyway? He got bought. He's seen the success of the show and trusts D&D more than he should.

But again, who ever thinks that the show is bad is just insane. The show is great and I think the CGI scenes are fit for cinema.

The only thing really that annoys me is the teleportation that's going on.
    It was only nobody is safe before because their was so much fodder/redherrings, the Bartheons and Tyrell's the Martell's. The sohw is ending, we know who is important now.

Tormund is set up to either be king/representative of the freefolk, or die in front of brienne, he wont die before then, he deliberately survived so The hound could redeem himself for Thoros.

If Jora dies it will be going out as lord of the firendzone, not falling off the dragon.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-08-21 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    It was only nobody is safe before because their was so much fodder/redherrings, the Bartheons and Tyrell's the Martell's. The sohw is ending, we know who is important now.

Tormund is set up to either be king/representative of the freefolk, or die infront of Brieanne, he wont die before then, he deliberately survived so The hound could redeem himself for Thoros.

If Jora dies it will be going out as lord of the firendzone, not falling off the dragon.
    I don't know m8 to me Rob wasn't fodder lol.

I accept that the dragon switching sides is quite on the same level as any other really good (not necessarily "positive") turning point in the series before.
    I had to switch shirts after watching that episode because it was soaked in sweat. No other show can do that to me. It's very good. A shame that it could be even better.

Did I just read that some people have issues with the current pacing of the show?
    In previous seasons, they were still switching all the time between god knows how many different storylines and characters, sometimes at a very slow pace (just for how long did that whole faceless stuff with Arya go on?).
    How on earth could this show have reached some kind of epic conclusion without condensing storylines, bringing characters together and increasing its pace? It would've lasted another 6 seasons.
    Finally there is a sense of purpose. Finally there is some meaning to all the important events that took place earlier in the series. This speeding up of things simply needed to happen. I see no other way. I admit the "teleportation" of characters around the world is cheap, but forgiveable considering the quality of everything else. Long live Game of Thrones. TV history in the making.
    Last edited by deepr; 2017-08-21 at 08:02 PM.

I dont see the difference between the 2 if you cant nitpick of over the chains then you cant nitpick over the traveling tbh or anything else that normaly wouldnt make sense.
    Except chains could have been brought off-screen since we have no idea what supplies the huge-ass undead army carries while the other one doesn't make sense either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    We honestly don't know how long Jon and his group were sitting in the cold there. The army of the dead had to wait for thin, broken ice to refreeze and become thick enough to support their weight. That can take a while.
    Especially in a cold-ass frozen wasteland where its cold enough for Thoros to freeze to death and others mentioning the risk of freezing to death as well. Then there's the things like the fact they brought almost no supplies with them, yet other than the cold none of them was particularly complaining yet, so it couldn't have been that long.

Some people want some scenes of a raven traveling all over westeros and show where it has flown and meanwhile cut back to the rock to see how our heroes are doing.
    Look at all dem people asking for a scene of travelling ravens. There are legions of them. The only problem with their presence it's that they are made of straw. Meanwhile in the no-straw world, the issue is that even if they made full 24 episode spin-off about this raven, the whole thing would still remain unfeasible.

And i believe that and i accept that but it seems a lot of people cant.
    God forbid people expect a story not to break suspension of disbelief and make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I was actually wondering WHY they had to wait for that. They don't care about the cold, or getting wet, or drowning. Hell, if it came down to it, you'd think they could just fill up the path with their own bodies like ants do just to get to the people.

But eh, I don't wanna get all nitpicky over zombie strats I guess.
    Hell, some of them even jumped out of the water and grabbed Tormund. They didn't seem too bothered by it. Besides, the undead of GoT seem to be more of a swarming kind, so they could have made a huge-ass pile like in World War Z. Maybe not as over the top, but you get the idea.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-08-21 at 08:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    ... and thus why there is the NO SPOILERS version of the thread that everyone seems to refuse to use, they rather complain about the spoilers in here =/
    Beats me lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except chains could have been brought off-screen since we have no idea what supplies the huge-ass undead army carries while the other one doesn't make sense either way.
    Lets be honest give me a idea that makes sense for him to carry chains with him to the south?
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2017-08-21 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post

Hell, some of them even jumped out of the water and grabbed Tormund. They didn't seem too bothered by it.
    It makes sense though. I believe that Wrights aren't fully autonomous. The night king probably just wanted to minimize the casualties, he had no way of anticipating Dany coming with her dragons. They were trapped regardless of how long they would wait and I don't think that time has much meaning to the night king.

The whole Arya/Sansa conflict just feels like another forced thing that makes little sense. It's like she turned into this little super-edgelord that just needs to push everyone's buttons now.

I suppose part of that could just be a factor of being young and getting some of the Faceless Men training and abilities, but not really completing the training or learning to be responsible with it. So maybe now she just thinks that being a huge cock to everyone is how to solve everything.
    Yea that part is the new Sand Snakes for me.

What the fuck is wrong with Arya? How can she not see that Sansa never even intended to betray house Stark? Or does she simply not care about it since she thinks Sansa should have just died instead of doing anything the Lannisters forced her to do? Her epic mind reading skills failed hard vs. Sansa and Littlefinger.

And then she hands her the dagger...? For what? Is this a sign that she now believes Sansa? She didn't even answer a single question, Sansa just repeatedly asked wtf are these faces

The whole Arya/Sansa conflict just feels like another forced thing that makes little sense. It's like she turned into this little super-edgelord that just needs to push everyone's buttons now.

I suppose part of that could just be a factor of being young and getting some of the Faceless Men training and abilities, but not really completing the training or learning to be responsible with it. So maybe now she just thinks that being a huge cock to everyone is how to solve everything.
    Arya is tricking Little Finger into thinking that Arya and Sansa are quarreling, just like Arya wanted Little Finger to see her coming out of Little Finger's room. She's setting Little Finger up for a fall.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Ghost was too expensive this season. We're lucky we even saw Nymeria.
    This is sad, but true.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."