Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Let's all cross our pocketknives together and PRAY for new engi heads each tier!

Sweet! I'll be able to make a gun which, as a druid, I can't use. That's going to rock almost as much as dying to rocket fuel leaks.

Man, I'm sick of Blizz balancing this game around rated dueling >_<

Deleted
    4.2 Engineering
    Everything now got 50% more chance to backfire and kill you instantly. We're adding this super-cool thing but you won't be able to use it in Arena/RBGs and you will most likely die due to it.

The last "Ask the Devs" I asked about Cogwheels on the first page of the thread.It got highly uprated very quickly so theres a high chance we'll get some input on Cogwheels soon.

I have Engineering and Jewelcrafting.
    Profit: Engineering = 0 Golds
    Jewelcrafting = near 90k in 2-3 months

I don't think they're going to give us mount in Cata. We have got one in BC & Wotlk.

I don't know if this is the right thread, but does engineering enchants stack with normal enchants? My armory says I'm missing engineering enchants, though I have normal enchants.

yes they stack. Gloves, Back and Belt. Get tinkerin'!

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    R.I.P. cogwheels
    this.

why bother making a whole new socket type and set of "gems" for it if you're only going to use it for one tier of content? spend that time on something useful please.

Deleted
    Updated helicopters? Blizz plz something better then yogg drops

Deleted
    Why do you even want a new helmet, or new cogwheels?

Engineering is the only profession that gives you an epic nobody else can obtain, they didn't have to give you the helmet and I think they really shouldn't have as you clearly fail to realise how the professions work.

The helmet getting upgraded would be a balanced thing to do if the other professions got similiar treatment. They're getting BoE epics, which the engineer can benefit from, as such that can't be used as an example to get the helmet upgraded.

The glove tinker is what balances the profession, everything else including the helmets are just gimmicks and every profession has that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they will upgrade teh cogwheels , and perhaps change the stats on the helmet to keep up to date with 4.2.

Otherwise it is going to make the jewlcrafting gems out of date aswell.

Epic gems will be coming out in 4.2 soon.

Anyway all we can do is wait and see but i am sure that they will update it all.
    Stockli = Me
    Bladefist = Home

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering seems worthless to me now. Only worthwhile things out of it for me are the rocket boots and the intellect glove activation. Half the time my rocket boots fail though and kill me or my raid. I intend to pick up alchemy post haste.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    your profile picture scares the bejeesus out'a me. Hate Pans laberynt.. it's so scary >.<

And yes engineers "need" a new mount, wtb Indiana Jones-like plane or a mini zepplin last being multiple passangers
    time for the plane! we got a helicopter, gogo planes! (2 expansions later: gogo shuttles!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockli View Post
    I think they will upgrade teh cogwheels , and perhaps change the stats on the helmet to keep up to date with 4.2.

Otherwise it is going to make the jewlcrafting gems out of date aswell.

Epic gems will be coming out in 4.2 soon.

Anyway all we can do is wait and see but i am sure that they will update it all.
    Epic gems are not coming in 4.2.
    Propably in tier 13.

I'd like a STR-version of the gun, my engineer character is a warrior, and i always liked using self-made guns and goggles, but with the "Agility instead of attackpower"-change on guns, there are no craftable guns that make sense to use anymore...

Deleted
    Gief a yellow

10+ Year Old Account
    I could actually see engineers getting a submarine. Though, overall useless when not used in water, they could still serve a purpose. I mean look what they did with the Reins of Poseidus. Aquatic Only mounts. Blizzard did say they wanted to add more.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Deleted
    first of all i am an engi player
    and yes we sux
    we got nerf with 480 agi enchant till 10 sec i think, from 12
    all hunters will get a boost (new scope) its dig minned, not sure if it will be on live servers - its just a PTR
    this gun? for a 13/13hc raid player is just a ...

blizz told that every proff will get their update...we will see !
    hope so

I just hope they remove that fuel leak again, that's like the lamest thing they ever decided to add on engineering :S My rogue is lucky she can cloak out of that damn thing...
    But, I was looking at my engineering the other day, and I was wondering why they didn't give us some updated bombs for Cata.. It's quite dull to actually farm mats for wotlk bombs, that do silly damage to mobs that have that high amount of HP, our mount could either use a re-skin, or something new ( I always wanted like a groundmount that looks like a train, and then you can add some wagons behind it by crafting it, then having 2-3 people with you ). They added new stuff, but some things really do need some attention or upgrading

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    I just hope they remove that fuel leak again, that's like the lamest thing they ever decided to add on engineering :S My rogue is lucky she can cloak out of that damn thing...
    But, I was looking at my engineering the other day, and I was wondering why they didn't give us some updated bombs for Cata.. It's quite dull to actually farm mats for wotlk bombs, that do silly damage to mobs that have that high amount of HP, our mount could either use a re-skin, or something new ( I always wanted like a groundmount that looks like a train, and then you can add some wagons behind it by crafting it, then having 2-3 people with you ). They added new stuff, but some things really do need some attention or upgrading
    We're banned from using it :P