Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

[4.2 PTR] New Resto Mastery: Harmony

Restoration

Symbiosis (Mastery) has been removed and replaced with Harmony. Harmony increases direct healing by an additional 10%, and casting direct healing spells grants an additional 10% bonus to periodic healing for 10 seconds. Each point of mastery increases each bonus by an additional 1.25%. Healing Touch, Nourish, Swiftmend, and the initial heal from Regrowth are considered direct healing spells for the purposes of this Mastery. All other healing from druid spells is considered periodic.

This was just posted about 30mins ago. Seems pretty good compared to the current one. Especially with Direct heal --> Tranquility.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be interesting. They definitely want us to stop ignoring direct healing in 25s so basically we will want to throw a direct heal every 10 seconds. Or, people will just ignore mastery and stack crit instead to have their hots crit and keep depending on them.

In the end, we wont know anything until we test it so I'm not going to say it's a good or bad change.

Deleted
    Sounds really nice, 10% healing across all and all we need to do is cast 1 "direct" heal every 10 seconds. Will be interesting to see exactly how much we "lose" from the old mastery tho. I for one am glad my mastery sounds like it's no longer tied to targets I'm already healing.

But as Myrrar says, we'll have to see what it really looks like to be sure.

It should be nice, it'll at least be interesting to try out... one direct heal every 10 seconds for a constant 10%(+mastery points) bonus to all our HoT's will be worth it IMO, but only time will tell. If anything I kind of like this direction more than the current mastery

Well, it'll be kept up pretty much just by refreshing lifebloom with RG/HT/Nourish, and using swiftmend on CD, better then the current mastery I think =].

I'm more interested in:

* All healing critical strikes now heal for 2 times a normal heal (+100%), up from 1.5 times a normal heal (+50%).

Nom Nom Nom!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I really dislike our mastery now. It's just badly made. The main thing is is that we loose so much mastery/crit because of sich a high haste cap and needing spi on most gear. So, we never really had a *ton* of mastery to begin with.

Another thing to consider is the tide nurf(200% instead of 400%) which will effect how we direct heal and the crit change(from 50% healing to 100%).

All the changes working together will defiantly change how we heal completely, no matter how good or bad mastery ends up. I'm just not sure why they changed it. Normally they don't change what isn't broken and mastery was on par with spi and only worse than haste. The insane and annoying haste cap should have been their main focus tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Another thing to consider is the tide nurf(200% instead of 400%) which will effect how we direct heal and the crit change(from 50% healing to 100%).
    I can forsee many shaman tears along the lines of 'were only brought to raids for mana tide! now we won't get taken at all!', and it'll get changed back.

But even if it stays at 200%, t12 will have a lot more regen on the gear which will benefit everyone individually as well as the shamans MT, so it will most likely balance out.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyofcode View Post
    Restoration

Symbiosis (Mastery) has been removed and replaced with Harmony
    Always, I want to be with you, and make believe with you, and live in harmony, harmony, always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    I can forsee many shaman tears along the lines of 'were only brought to raids for mana tide! now we won't get taken at all!', and it'll get changed back.

But even if it stays at 200%, t12 will have a lot more regen on the gear which will benefit everyone individually as well as the shamans MT, so it will most likely balance out.
    Yeah, tbh this may be a big reason for all the regen changes(pally, sham, innervate). They want people getting their regen from their own gear, not other peoples skills. But, it was true at the beginning of progression shams were only taken for tide and if we were taken at all we were spam blowing innervates on others.

Healing has been evened out a bit since then and shams got their defensive CD which should save their spot, but I think they still have a bit of balance work to do which is why they may have changed mastery too.

In general, I think they are intending new mastery to be a buff. If it turns out that way, lets just hope so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Yeah, tbh this may be a big reason for all the regen changes(pally, sham, innervate). They want people getting their regen from their own gear, not other peoples skills. But, it was true at the beginning of progression shams were only taken for tide and if we were taken at all we were spam blowing innervates on others.

Healing has been evened out a bit since then and shams got their defensive CD which should save their spot, but I think they still have a bit of balance work to do which is why they may have changed mastery too.

In general, I think they are intending new mastery to be a buff. If it turns out that way, lets just hope so.
    I completely agree with your analysis on the issue. I think it will end up being a buff, but I believe the priority will end up very similar if not the same on stats.

PS - I just noticed the youtube link in your sig, myrrar. <3 C&C

Very interested to see how this mastery plays on in testing and theorycrafting.

Nonetheless, With healers getting buffed crits we should be getting some sort of an increase in healing between 4.1 and 4.2.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Might be a good change, but the name sucks so bad...makes me think of 'the harmony table' in the vegan place they go to in the movie 'Grandma's boy'. (nice karma, guyblo. You said it wrong stupid, it's shylo.)

Also, Late, that's horrible and wonderful in the same moment. Kinda like coffee.

OT: so with this change, how is it going to be trying to reach the magic haste caps? easy peesy b/c new gears have so much haste it's not a real problem or omg, my stat balancing act just got more hectic? predictions?

Well it is pretty clear that mastery is a tank healing stat, and crit will probably be a viable raid healing stat. I think the mastery will suffer the same effect on raid healing, becoming weaker as the raid size increases, as you rely more on just hots.

Just my two cents though. A definite buff to mastery, especially for tank heals. It got moved from extra direct heals on hots to having the extra direct as base, along with a hot buffer from direct heals. This will be whacky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste will be easier to get because of higher ilvl in general. Higher ilvl = more stats. It will still be 1st priority in secondary stats besides spi which will probably be a bit more important now. But again, higher ilvl = more spi and int making regen better. Plus our 2 piece is beastly.

Mastery will have an amazing uptime. Basically:
    SM: wait 10 seconds > direct heal: wait 5 seconds > SM: wait 10 seconds and so on.
    if we don't want to direct heal it will only be a 5 second window without mastery. But, we will still want it. This will make mastery amazing in 25s and 10s. 15 seconds between direct heals isn't too bad, and that's only if you want close to 100% uptime.

As long as masteries healing is good it will still put it over crit. The main thing, which is good, is we wont need to totally ignore pieces with crit. Now, things like halfs neck will be on par with V&Ts. The haste cap wont be so bad, and even though we will still reforge out of it, the crit wont be as low as it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    PS - I just noticed the youtube link in your sig, myrrar. <3 C&C
    They are the most amazing of the amazing <3
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-05-11 at 02:38 AM.

The mastery is a nerf for tank healing, but we generally raid heal anyways... With the way they apparently want us to use LB with our T12 4pc, it would be nice if they counted the bloom as a direct heal as well. Or maybe the extra heals will count.

Based on what someone said above, the main way we will be keeping our mastery up is by refreshing LB (or giving an occasional CC regrowth to someone), but if we were to let it bloom then we would have to restack LB and use another direct heal somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks really good from how i have read it, i cast a nourish on the tank to keep LB up anyway, along with swiftmend proccing it which is practically used on cooldown. Regrowths are also thrown out quite a bit with omen proccing so another plus. Keen to see how it goes on ptr!

Just thinking of the numbers we'll be able to see from a NS + HT crit :| I can imagine 80k-100k+ with ToL / GS.. if not more

I would say if the buff only applies to the person who received the direct healing this change will be meh.

I hated symbiosis with a bloody vengeance, i was too busy having to raid heal when i had to heal, so i'd like this to empower my raid heals when nourish or HT is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by highlandr View Post
    I would say if the buff only applies to the person who received the direct healing this change will be meh.
    I am pretty sure that that is not the case, otherwise this would be a huge nerf. Besides, it says it grants a bonus to periodic healing, not a bonus to periodic healing on the target.

But yeah, the fact that efflo is going to permanently benefit from mastery now makes me happy. Unless of course blizz's algorithm fails and only looks for the buff before SM is cast... I am actually not sure how it works.
    Last edited by Lynlyn; 2011-05-11 at 03:28 AM.