Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    We found that kiting the adds around the outside while tanking nef in the middle relieved tons of stress from most of the raid.

Your DK tank is pretty ideal for this... Tons of CDs to mitigate add damage and AMS for the crackles. Just give them a pocket healer that follows them around and is solely responsible for keeping himself/herself and the add tank up.

Possible yet impossible to do 2 crackles in P2 Nef lands after 15% of his health is lost or 2minutes or all three adds die

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edanna View Post
    Possible yet impossible to do 2 crackles in P2 Nef lands after 15% of his health is lost or 2minutes or all three adds die
    If that's the case, then we can most definitely push 2 by getting him to <75% before killing Onyxia, allowing us to get him to 60% with two crackles.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

We killed him on our first night of attempts last night. Took about 2.5 hours to get everything in order and slowly perfect each phase before we nailed it.

We dpsed Ony to 25%, then switched to Nef and took him to 75% before killing Ony and pushing P2. We had our warrior throw on a shield and pile up the adds near Nef in P1. We had him mark the first add with a Skull, once it went to sleep, he piled the rest on that spot, popped shield wall, and we had our paladin and lock use Holy wrath and Shadowfury to stun them in place. For P2, it took a few tries but we eventually perfected our interrupts and communicated the 70% Electrocute (by far the toughest one to survive). Nef was at 65% going into P3 and we tanked him in the same position as Ony was in P1. 2 healers and the DPS stood on the outside of Nef on the grate, while myself (DK tank) and 1 healer kited adds in the back of the room. Took me 3 trys of screwing up before I got the kiting down, but eventually got the hang of it. On our 4th attempt at P3, we got to 20%, popped Heroism, I died kiting at 6%, but we still downed the bastard! All in all a very fun fight to learn. In the beginning P1 and P2 were pretty tough, but by our last few attempts we were breezing through them no problem. Be sure everyone that can afford the Tol Borad trinket gets it for Electrocutes. It makes surviving those a hell of a lot easier.

Note: I think going with Nef in the middle for P3 would have made kiting the adds easier (since I was running out of room to move and avoid fire by the end), but we did it this way so that the other 8 people didn't need to worry about movement.