54. This poll is closed
  • Finland

29 53.70%
  • Sweden

25 46.30%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Who wins in ice hockey world championsips? Finland or Sweden?

Who do you think (or hope) wins the world championship at ice hockey?

I personally hope Finland wins, since im from Finland myself :P

Post your own opinion too

sweden of course, finland always gets silver ^^

on a more serious note Im hoping for Finland aswell despite being swedish, I prefer the finnish team too the swedish ^^

If Finland plays the same sunday, as it played today, there is no chance sweden is gonna win.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: When do hunters get to tame druids?
    A: Right after druids get a hunter form.

Deleted
    Finland for sure!

Finland! kotiinpäin =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweden ofc!
    1. Respect your fellow community member

Do not correct other people's posts when they make a grammatical or spelling mistake. Not everyone's native language is English. If yours is you should be glad everyone else is doing an effort. Respect that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Sweden. because then, theoreticly norway is the best team in the world.. theoreticly (lols)

Na in all honestly i'd say Finland. they've proven to be a team of stars this year and deserves to finally after so many silvers getting the gold

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope that Sweden wins (since I'm swedish).

But I think that Finland is going to win this one.

Finland is on fire this time, I think they are going to win. Hey, silver isn't bad.

I really hope for Finland to win,Sweden was just lucky to beat Czech,same as Canada was unlucky to lose to Russia,when both Russia and Sweden were weaker teams with one lucky win

15+ Year Old Account
    Going to go with Finland.

Deleted
    2006, just sayin'

OnT: Sweden!

Deleted
    I think finland really wants it bad after 2006. Both teams are excellent, I hope for sweden both beacuse I´m Swedish and because our team is new, pretty much no stars except Loui Eriksson.
    On a side note isnt Viktor Fasth amazing? Best goalie in the entire tournament and for 2 years ago he was playing in Swedish division 4.
    Nice to see some civilized thread about this, it usually turns into a real nasty conversatioon with insane immaturity when things are discussed between Sweden and Finland.
    But basically Sweden I believe in.

15+ Year Old Account
    sweden sucks! no but on a serious note i agree, he's done a good job.
    But i would say that Lars haugen from the norwegian team is the goalie thats done the best in the championship.

Few knew who he was actually before entering the cup as a backup for Pål Grotnes which got an old injury back during practice.
    He is a rookie when it comes to everything basically. He got thrown around in our top league(which is shit) and got the position as a first goalie in the worst team in the league and ofcourse people couldnt see how good he was.
    Nor do we actually have alot of norwegian goalies in our league.
    But after Lars haugen stepped up and carried Norway in this cup we might get a rule that prevents goalies from other countries to play in a norwegian team since we need to build goalies from our own nation which have been a big issue for any league in norway.
    http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/261/IHM261000_85A_14_0.pdf Statistics for all the goalies.
    But yes i agree, Viktor has been insane this year, and i love to see unknown people rise up like this
    Last edited by Rosh; 2011-05-14 at 07:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    sweden sucks! no but on a serious note i agree, he's done a good job.
    But i would say that Lars haugen from the norwegian team is the goalie thats done the best in the championship.

Few knew who he was actually before entering the cup as a backup for Pål Grotnes which got an old injury back during practice.
    He is a rookie when it comes to everything basically. He got thrown around in our top league(which is shit) and got the position as a first goalie in the worst team in the league and ofcourse people couldnt see how good he was.
    Nor do we actually have alot of norwegian goalies in our league.
    But after Lars haugen stepped up and carried Norway in this cup we might get a rule that prevents goalies from other countries to play in a norwegian team since we need to build goalies from our own nation which have been a big issue for any league in norway.
    http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/261/IHM261000_85A_14_0.pdf Statistics for all the goalies.
    But yes i agree, Viktor has been insane this year, and i love to see unknown people rise up like this
    Yeah awesome to have a new goalie for Sweden. Stefan Liv wasn´t that great, and we couldn´t count on Henrik Lundquist coming back to play for us. I think Viktor may very well be better than Henrik if it continues like this.

Not sure who will win, but Sweden will lose

Deleted
    Already answered to one post which was like this but what the heck, polls are fun! ^^

I voted for Finland as a Finn would, but sadly, I'll have to put my money on Sweden :/

Dunno.. I just have a hunch

Finland, Fasth just isnt Fast enough.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28