Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Reckful.
    10char

Quote Originally Posted by Gotem View Post
    You guys are going at this the wrong way. If there is a "best" player, because of its generality that would mean someone who is the best at general WoW which includes but is not limited to: Raiding, PvP, and all other non-extrinsic stuff(aka leveling, questing, getting gold, leveling professions, getting achievements etc). This would be fairly difficult to determine.

I assume the OP implies "best" as in the best in PvP and Raiding. But the way the other posters are going about it is the wrong way by linking single characters, and not a person as an account. A "best" player would be best in ANY spec for ANY class for arenas, rated bgs, and in a raiding environment. Now no one person can be good at the 30ish specs to the point of being the best in the world at EVERY single one, but best would imply overall WoW, and overall WoW includes all of the specs. So, using that logic, the "best" person would likely be the person who tests all classes to even out the balance in raids, and presumably for balancing arenas. Would this be one of the developer's in charge of that? Most likely.

So now we cut it down to who is the best non-blizzard employee? Well that would be difficult to determine unless the person could prove that they can push gladiator for any spec, any class and could also put-out near maximum dps for any spec, any class. Lastly, they would have to perform tanking and healing optimally for any class all specs.
    Many people could say with enough time invested, that they probably could do just that. Give them a geared character and let them go and they could push any class any spec to its limits for Arena or Raids. That would be the best non-blizzard employee. Who that is, is a weird wild guess. Some person that PTR's all the time? some end-game raider/pvper that has learned everything for all classes and could and has performed at that level for all classes? Good Luck narrowing that down.

Oh and for the haters- High-End Arena and Heroic Raiding both require skill.
    I have to disagree. It's like your saying the best Basketball player is the best at every position, or the best SC2 player is the best with all 3 races. This is simply not true. "The best" usually means the player who performs better than any other player in an overall analysis of their play. This can be done while maintaining their own class, spec, role and play style.

There's a difference between the vessel used to accomplish something and the actual gameplay element you're trying to accomplish and be "the best" at.

Deleted
    I dont call people rolling the easiest spec/class and pvp with it good.

Theres no difference between an avarage and a good rogue, but i can clearly see the difference between avarage warlock and good warlock nowadays, i swear.

Athene is nothing except a good troller and a 1337 (personality) in my eyes. I dont care about Athenes skills since he played holy paladin back in the days.

Athene for sure (Will he go for world #1 at MoP?)

Quote Originally Posted by 15davanz View Post
    Reckful.
    10char
    PvE says WUT? so the best player in the world is 1/13 in t11 and 0/7 firelands, okay......

1. Jungyup, he is like the SUPER MARIO of korea.
    2. Reckful & Hydra, both are godlike players.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    PvE says WUT? so the best player in the world is 1/13 in t11 and 0/7 firelands, okay......
    I am fine with that, as you can pug 7/7 with some heroic kills, but good luck getting to 2,8k ratings with some randoms.
    Hi

Never heard of any of the players mentioned in this message thread. But I guarantee that every single one of them would be complete toast in about 1 second if they went up against this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7qxgsyJHTg

Deleted
    Ok, so i created an account with MMO champion just to reply to this post, simply because i find that some of the answers i have been seeing are hilarious.
    - Who ever thinks that a PvE player is better than a PvP player is a first class remtard. PvE consists of killing bosses implemented by Blizzard in world of warcraft, by doing so you can win nice pieces of loot, yes. But what skill does it take really? Reading tactics, tactics that happen 100% ALL THE TIME and never change, untill eventually you all get it right and you down the boss. Only 3 things are needed to do so - a good memory, being able to listen when you get raged at by super douches who think they're far superior than you, and having no life so you can sit at your computer and fail multiple times for 90 hours straight blocking all social/family life away, then having a quick 20minute nap, a 5 minute break for the toilet and another 5 minute break so you can go to your mini fridge next to you and open 59 cans of Stimulant drink to keep you awake, then repeat.

- PvP, the best most fun and skill required aspect of the game, now i am not one of the best, not even close. I am a casual player who likes to PvP. But PvP especially in Rated arenas requires the player to have too improvise as the moves your enemy makes next are completely unknown. Also you must Multi task IE: Fake casting whilst DPSing/Healing, CCing Focus CCing, their are too many things that a Skilled PvP player has to do for me to write down. Coming up the conclusion, all top end PvP players are 1000000000000000000000000000000000000% better than PvE players, im not saying that players who do both and are amazingly skilled good are worse, they also should be up there, but this is only because of the PvP aspect of the game.

Coming on to the Best players in the world, WoW is full of underated and undiscovered amazing players, One for example a personal friend of mine who no longer chooses to play wow. Cronex - now known as Nésta on stormscale Horde, even though he has never been above 2.3k - he outplayed EVERYONE, it was always his collogues that let him down. He has beaten players in the likes of Hydra and many other ''WORLDS BEST PLAYERS OMG''. This leads on to my next section -

There is no one ''BEST'' player on wow, simply because every class is different and has different skillcaps - each class is forever getting nerfed or buffed making things that wouldn't usually happen in wow, for example loosing to a rank 10000000000000 RLS in arena when you're a top 100 team, simply because different set ups are completely more efficient and work better than others. World of Warcraft is an Unbalanced game, and is impossible to become balanced, if it was - everyone could be the best.

BUT PLEASE never ever again patronise the greater PvP players of wow by saying PvE requires more skill etc, if you do so you're a certifed whopper.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoio View Post
    Ok, so i created an account with MMO champion just to reply to this post, simply because i find that some of the answers i have been seeing are hilarious.
    - Who ever thinks that a PvE player is better than a PvP player is a first class remtard. PvE consists of killing bosses implemented by Blizzard in world of warcraft, by doing so you can win nice pieces of loot, yes. But what skill does it take really? Reading tactics, tactics that happen 100% ALL THE TIME and never change, untill eventually you all get it right and you down the boss. Only 3 things are needed to do so - a good memory, being able to listen when you get raged at by super douches who think they're far superior than you, and having no life so you can sit at your computer and fail multiple times for 90 hours straight blocking all social/family life away, then having a quick 20minute nap, a 5 minute break for the toilet and another 5 minute break so you can go to your mini fridge next to you and open 59 cans of Stimulant drink to keep you awake, then repeat.

- PvP, the best most fun and skill required aspect of the game, now i am not one of the best, not even close. I am a casual player who likes to PvP. But PvP especially in Rated arenas requires the player to have too improvise as the moves your enemy makes next are completely unknown. Also you must Multi task IE: Fake casting whilst DPSing/Healing, CCing Focus CCing, their are too many things that a Skilled PvP player has to do for me to write down. Coming up the conclusion, all top end PvP players are 1000000000000000000000000000000000000% better than PvE players, im not saying that players who do both and are amazingly skilled good are worse, they also should be up there, but this is only because of the PvP aspect of the game.

Coming on to the Best players in the world, WoW is full of underated and undiscovered amazing players, One for example a personal friend of mine who no longer chooses to play wow. Cronex - now known as Nésta on stormscale Horde, even though he has never been above 2.3k - he outplayed EVERYONE, it was always his collogues that let him down. He has beaten players in the likes of Hydra and many other ''WORLDS BEST PLAYERS OMG''. This leads on to my next section -

There is no one ''BEST'' player on wow, simply because every class is different and has different skillcaps - each class is forever getting nerfed or buffed making things that wouldn't usually happen in wow, for example loosing to a rank 10000000000000 RLS in arena when you're a top 100 team, simply because different set ups are completely more efficient and work better than others. World of Warcraft is an Unbalanced game, and is impossible to become balanced, if it was - everyone could be the best.

BUT PLEASE never ever again patronise the greater PvP players of wow by saying PvE requires more skill etc, if you do so you're a certifed whopper.
    you say that PVE peeps have to spend countless hours wiping and learning an encounter.

but that is essentially what PvPers must do as well, countless hours to get "good" at your class, and countless more hours "wiping" while learning what you need to do to counter different set ups.

sure, while some stuff in PvE is RNG, and some luck comes into it, there is a bit more randomness in PvP, but for the large part as soon as you know what set up you're against good players already know what they need to do, which "add" to attack first etc

don't get me wrong, I tend to agree that PvP does take a bit more skill. But if you're comparing the top PvPers to the top PvEers, then the PvEers aren't using guides to get world firsts, they're often having to figure it out as they go along, just like how PvPers have to figure out how to beat a new comp for the first time.

to fully compare PvE and PvP would be to have a raid boss arena where you get a raid group together and you don't know what boss is going to appear . . .

None is in my opinion, and since there is no way to determine who is the best, this post is all about opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    those 2 people with 100% achievements :P

---------- Post added 2012-07-31 at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    1. Jungyup, he is like the SUPER MARIO of korea.
    2. Reckful & Hydra, both are godlike players.

I am fine with that, as you can pug 7/7 with some heroic kills, but good luck getting to 2,8k ratings with some randoms.
    I wouldn't consider people that don't do both pvp and pve and other things to be the best

Deleted
    PvE is scripted
    PvP is live.

As this is an MMO there is no world best "player" as everything you do to be good requires a group.

You should ask the question;
    2v2 / 3v3 / 5/5 10-25man dream team, who would you pick to fill each roll. That would be a blast to find out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Wuuf.

The most renowned player there is, his skill is legendary, even Bloodrose considers that he is hardcore and that he makes her look like Doc. He terrorizes game designers who fear what he may post negatively on their forums about their new games, and has been a level 60 priest since the very first day that the World of Warcraft servers went up. His reputation is such that he always shows up saying "BEHOLD!" and gets away with making up new words that everyone else start using right away. He only made a four word comment during the beta test: "too easy, nerf everything." The Wuuf helped Schweitzer re-allocate his priest talents following the 1.10 patch as a favour in return for an undisclosed service Bloodrose did for him, though he hinted it somehow involved his love of gnome feet. Oddly enough, The Wuuf ended up having fear flash in his eyes, crapping his pants and running off when he learned that Flintlocke's guild is seeking the Ultimate Goblin Engineered Weapon.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Pvp says lolpve

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    And you can buy Gladiator but not world first, what's your point?

OT: I AM THE BEST. original response I know
    Last edited by TJ; 2012-07-31 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    And you can buy Gladiator but not world first, what's your point?
    All world first takes is no life, what's you point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
    All world first takes is no life, what's you point?
    Yes, that's all it takes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would guess it's someone who we've never even heard of.

Deleted
    Goign to be pretty hard to find 1 player , as for most of the stuff it requires a team , you could be so good in your team doing raids ect however you are not the one whos given all the BIS ect and people will think you are bad ect, Best team and ect would be easy to find but not best player imo.

Deleted
    The best WoW Player is my 6year old daughter - I have never seen anyone enjoy the game so much like her :-P