Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The first two minutes of the new season of Dexter they premiered this week made me so angry. Oh geez, I didn't want to leave any evidence so I just wrapped him up like that without thinking about it. If Deb buys that line and doesn't confront him as who he really is I might snap.

Screw you Dish Network for not carrying AMC and forcing me to purchase Breaking Bad on iTunes.
    Don't... I think AMC is offering a stream for Dish Network subscribers
    I remember it all too well

Deleted
    They delivered. Live free or die, literally, what other mindset do you have breaking into a police station anyway.

Looks to be a great season (not like anyone expects anything else from BrBA), shame it's a short one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe more people aren't talking about the BB premier. This season kicked it off really well. They bottled a whole story-line in one episode to give you that good buzz after watching something like this but left you wanting more. it was so well written I can't even begin to talk about lol.

Walt=Badass now. He always had hints of it, but now its all about him balancing the persona that he craves vs the family man/normal life. It seems the badass is winning for the most part.

Jessee= Awesome as always. I do worry that he might come in more as comic relief but maybe thats just me after only watching 1 episode since Nov.

Mike= So glad they brought this guy back and so soon. Is it just me or does the actor look like 5 years older now?? All well. I like how they played him as still against Walt instead of bowing down and going along etc. that would have been easy, but adding that additional conflict is what makes this show so good.

Skyler= I think she actually stepped it up a little. There is the internal conflict of loving her husband and accepting what he is on top of her own crimes. She even gives us a little Heisenberg herself this last episode. I'm enthusiastic about where her character is going considering she's been a bit of a let-down in seasons past.

Hank= I feel like his character was under-utilized in the first episode. For all the reveals he should have played a more prominent role. I have no doubt he will in the future, but I did miss his character after watching the first episode.

Saul= Finally, Saul. I love the character. I've loved how he's been portrayed the whole series. Was a big fan of Mr. Show and Love Bob Odenkirk. For me the best part of the show was the showdown between Saul and Walt where Walt backs him into a corner and gives the line "It's over when I say it's over." If you watch Saul's eyes (Bob Odenkirk) you really get emotion from that. It's a total alpha-male thing where he doesn't make eye contact and reluctantly looks at his options and decides hes fucked either way. All in a few simple eye movements. Best scene in the whole show if not TV in general.

Overall. I give the opener an A-. Would have liked to see a bit more from Hank but otherwise flawless TV for me.

Getting a real Carmela Soprano vibe from Skyler... ie.. she wants to share in the wealth & power, but still wants to claim the moral highground to Walt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Getting a real Carmela Soprano vibe from Skyler... ie.. she wants to share in the wealth & power, but still wants to claim the moral highground to Walt.
    At the same time her hands are dirty too. Carmela never really got into the shit. Skyler is directly tied to the money, the lawyer and the scheme.

Magnets, how do they work?

i actually knew how well a magnet works first hand after being in highschool with my friend who brought one to school one day and went into the library.. needless to say they do work just like this episode.

im surprised mike was so angry that Gus was killed.. i mean he seems like a gun for hire.. why should he care who his boss is, as long as hes getting paid? thats the whole idea of a gun for hire to have no emotion or loyalty....

i am amazed they escaped in time when walt cranked the thing to full voltage.

Sal has always been a great character.. hes one of the best in the show.. being both goofy and professional while doing everything for jessie and walt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by casually View Post
    im surprised mike was so angry that Gus was killed.. i mean he seems like a gun for hire.. why should he care who his boss is, as long as hes getting paid? thats the whole idea of a gun for hire to have no emotion or loyalty....
    I think he's always been a little more than just a hired gun. He was a top soldier and was loyal to who took care of him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mike was very loyal to Gus. He worked as a "cleaner for hire" in his off time, but primarily worked as Gus's top guy. There's also the fact that blowing up a kingpin in a nursing home is going to draw a lot of attention and bring a lot of shit down on the guys who worked for Gus.

Walt has become such an egomaniac after his victory. He truly believes that he's the don now, and is acting the part. Even the way he told Old Joe that his ring and glasses were "gold and non-ferr" was brimming with smug arrogance.

Skylar is definitely developing a mob wife vibe, though she's far more involved. The way her expression suddenly changed when she realized that Ted was intimidated by her and that she could play the heavy with him.

Of course, the flash forward opening was perhaps the most interesting part of the episode. Walt, alone on his 52nd birthday, with unkempt hair, lived-in-clothes, and a false identity, buying an M4 assault rifle.

Note that Walt is still currently only 50 years old, and will be turning 51 in an upcoming episode (titled Fifty-One), so that flashforward is to just over a year from now.

In closing, "Yeah, bitch! Magnets! Ooohhh!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    At the same time her hands are dirty too. Carmela never really got into the shit. Skyler is directly tied to the money, the lawyer and the scheme.
    Carmela had her little 'hobbies' with the money too... as well as her little affairs... and that feels much like Skyler... except Skyler has a small talent for moneylaundering. She doesn't really have the disposition towards evil though, and that feels more like what Walt is gaining by involving her in this. If she feels personal guilt, she's unable to lash out at Walt from a superior position.

15+ Year Old Account
    Carmela was willing to look the other way because she liked the lifestyle, and she got into a relationship with Tony in the first place because he could provide it. Like everyone else on the show, she was a hypocrite (claiming the moral highground while still reaping the benefits), but she wasn't directly involved in the crimes at all.

Skyler's situation is pretty different. She didn't know about the crime at first, and then rejected the money and Walt. And then, hypocritically, she committed fraud by cooking Ted's books. And then she accepted the money, and established an operation to launder it. And she generally seemed intrigued by the money and possibly the lifestyle and all the implications. However, I can't recall offhand if she's tried to take the moral highground since demanding an input in the laundering of the money.

Generally speaking, Skyler is far more culpable in the crimes, having intentionally commited several herself (fraud, racketeering, money laundering). And when she realized Ted was now scared of her, she immediately switched her demeanor from remorseful to threatening, to ensure that he kept quiet, which coupled with his spinal injury could probably tack felony criminal threatening onto her list of other crimes.

It remains to be seen how she copes with being married to a criminal, but so far she seems to have a knack for it, and perhaps even enjoys it on some level.

That was easily the best opener to a season thus far and possibly one of the best episodes yet in my opinion. It lived up and surpassed all hype that I had built up since the last season ended. It had perfect doses of everything I love about BB.

But now more questions remain. Like what's going to happen to Walt over this next year and what was the weapon in the trunk for?

Deleted
    "I forgive you"

Best show on tv is only getting better!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Carmela had her little 'hobbies' with the money too... as well as her little affairs... and that feels much like Skyler... except Skyler has a small talent for moneylaundering. She doesn't really have the disposition towards evil though, and that feels more like what Walt is gaining by involving her in this. If she feels personal guilt, she's unable to lash out at Walt from a superior position.
    I suppose your right with the house she built and was having Tony lean on the property inspector to get it approved. There are little bits here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Talv View Post
    "I forgive you"

Best show on tv is only getting better!
    The dramatic moments with Walt in episode one were amazing. I smell more Emmy's and Golden Globes for Bryan Cranston.

The Wire level of show.

Quote Originally Posted by hatbauer View Post
    The Wire level of show.
    when I hear Baltimore I think The Wire.
    Now when I hear Albuquerque I think breaking bad

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    ...Of course, the flash forward opening was perhaps the most interesting part of the episode. Walt, alone on his 52nd birthday, with unkempt hair, lived-in-clothes, and a false identity, buying an M4 assault rifle....
    I agree it was an amazing opening but it was an M60 assault rifle he was buying, not an M4. It doesn't even look anything like an M4 :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I can't believe more people aren't talking about the BB premier. This season kicked it off really well. They bottled a whole story-line in one episode to give you that good buzz after watching something like this but left you wanting more. it was so well written I can't even begin to talk about lol.

Walt=Badass now. He always had hints of it, but now its all about him balancing the persona that he craves vs the family man/normal life. It seems the badass is winning for the most part.

Jessee= Awesome as always. I do worry that he might come in more as comic relief but maybe thats just me after only watching 1 episode since Nov.

Mike= So glad they brought this guy back and so soon. Is it just me or does the actor look like 5 years older now?? All well. I like how they played him as still against Walt instead of bowing down and going along etc. that would have been easy, but adding that additional conflict is what makes this show so good.

Skyler= I think she actually stepped it up a little. There is the internal conflict of loving her husband and accepting what he is on top of her own crimes. She even gives us a little Heisenberg herself this last episode. I'm enthusiastic about where her character is going considering she's been a bit of a let-down in seasons past.

Hank= I feel like his character was under-utilized in the first episode. For all the reveals he should have played a more prominent role. I have no doubt he will in the future, but I did miss his character after watching the first episode.

Saul= Finally, Saul. I love the character. I've loved how he's been portrayed the whole series. Was a big fan of Mr. Show and Love Bob Odenkirk. For me the best part of the show was the showdown between Saul and Walt where Walt backs him into a corner and gives the line "It's over when I say it's over." If you watch Saul's eyes (Bob Odenkirk) you really get emotion from that. It's a total alpha-male thing where he doesn't make eye contact and reluctantly looks at his options and decides hes fucked either way. All in a few simple eye movements. Best scene in the whole show if not TV in general.

Overall. I give the opener an A-. Would have liked to see a bit more from Hank but otherwise flawless TV for me.

I thought the opening scene was great.

It looked like walt had been through some kind of loss recently.

Why was he alone?

What is he building?

Why a different name?

Why so unhappy?

The producer said we will have to be "patient" to see the story follow up to that scene, so i'm hoping it's not in 2013. it looked like walt was ready to take out the trash!

Mike is the man!! "ONE MORE WORD"

Second episode has to be one of the greatest episodes of Breaking Bad, period.

The first scene with Mike had an awesome presentation, from the picture to 'Poppop' on the fridge, to his handshake with Walt. I get the feeling he *only* shook hands with Walt because Jesse was there, and if Walt was snubbed he would have to respond in order to maintain the 'top dog' in Jesse's subconscious.

We see Saul trying to end all this again, without crossing Walt.

We see SO MANY characters and at SO MANY point I was left saying "Ok, I think 'such and such' is gonna happen except... WHO THE !@#$ IS THAT GUY ?"

We see Mike being the !@#$ing man.

You're doing this 'for your family' Walt ? Somehow I don't believe you. Mike is. You aren't.

Always makes me sad whenever I see the children around when the parent(s) gets killed in movies and t.v.