[TV] Constantine

So, I'm cautiously optimistic about this. Matt Ryan already seems 1000x better than Reeves' version of Constantine. Although, where is the chain smoking?!

As someone who never read the comics and has no attachment to the concept beyond having seen and enjoyed the Reeves movie, I think it looks fun enough. I have no problem with whatever hair color they want, but I'd prefer if he hadn't been british.

Either way, hopefully the series is good for what it is, regardless of sticking exactly to the source material.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post

So, I'm cautiously optimistic about this. Matt Ryan already seems 1000x better than Reeves' version of Constantine. Although, where is the chain smoking?!
    no chain smoking because it could encourage people to smoke.... but it's funny I was chatting to a friend yesterday and Constantine came up and got me to thinking it was a decent film why no sequel? I shall have to give this a try

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the movie. Never read the comics. Trailer looks very promising, definitely going to check this out. Also not much of a fan of him being British.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liked the movie, this looks like trash :|

As someone who was a big fan of the comic, I think this series has huge potential. I just hope they don't totally abandon the comic book characterization.

I enjoyed the movie enough to see it like 3 or 4 times... in the theater, but it wasn't anywhere near the quality of the comic. I have hopes that this will rectify that
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I enjoyed the movie. Never read the comics. Trailer looks very promising, definitely going to check this out. Also not much of a fan of him being British.
    But, he is British.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop making everything into a tv series, there's not enough time in the day QQ

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    But, he is British.
    Comic is a Brit in London, tv show is a Brit in USA from the look of it. It's not a deal breaker, or anything, but I'd have preferred if he wasn't British.

Wait is this a TV show or a movie? Doesn't appear to be a show on IMDB, says it's a TV movie.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

The Keanu Reaves movie was one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my entire life, so it doesn't exactly have big shoes to fill...
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

The only redeeming qualities of the movie was Tilda Swinton being her usual awesome self, Djimon Hounsou as Papa Midnite, and PETER FUCKING STORMARE as Lucifer. It's just a shame we had to suffer through Ted "Theodore" Logan in his depressed recovering alcoholic stage while he MacGyvered holy relics together.

The TV show does show some promise, but I'm a little worried that it seems like Neil Marshall is only directing the pilot. I would have higher hopes if it turned out he was on board for the whole thing.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    PETER FUCKING STORMARE as Lucifer.
    Was on my desktop for a loooong time.
    You cared enough to post.