Page 31 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Exactly, as stated earlier, quit WoW for a few months (chances are when your finished with a content patch you'll be back before a new one is released anyway) and use the money you save to buy a MMO that is free until... well the servers go down.
    ... and that will prove to be quite a while to go, with ArenaNet having announced that GW1 servers will stay up until there is no one who wants to play anymore. Yeah servers really are that cheap, unlike what Blizzard wants you to believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    Wait until Guild Wars 2 releases and eat your words.
    Like I said, I'll eat my boxers.

Let it be known that the acquisition of Blizzard by Activision was truly the death knell for the game we all new and loved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaela View Post
    Blizzard hardly needs to make this a paid service, you'd think they have enough money to do one good thing for free, but nope...
    The idea is very good and hopefully they'll back away with the required payment.
    With all these new premium features they should cut the subscription in half.

World of Warcraft has turned into a F2P, only that here you need to pay for the updates -and- the monthly subscription.
    They do have plenty of money, they are just greedy. I hope this fails so Blizzard will see that putting a price on playing with friends is a terrible idea.

Deleted
    i was okay with the pet- and mount store.

but this feature has a serious impact on the whole game experience.

it's absolutely a reason to quit this game, just as a matter of principle

Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    ... and that will prove to be quite a while to go, with ArenaNet having announced that GW1 servers will stay up until there is no one who wants to play anymore. Yeah servers really are that cheap, unlike what Blizzard wants you to believe.
    When you provide basically no support or continuing updates for them, yeah they really are. What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    WoW is about to lose another 600K subscribers.
    you're probably right. Why do they keep making bad calls. Its not like they are struggling for cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how this turned into another gw vs wow thread, I missed those from back in the days

This is where Activision steps in.
    Kotick: "I find World of Warcraft's performance starting to slip. So to gain some lost income. I wanted to implement extra payed services into the game. We implemented RealID, now we are adding premium services with the RealID as the next step."

All this QQ is delicious really it is.

Is this going to impact your gameplay IF you don't go premium? No, not at all. So kindly get off the pretty hate machine and go with it.

One pondering though.

We can already ignore plays cross realm; why not just a preferred list aswell?

If this actually makes it to live (the paid service part) then after 6.5 years, I will legitimately say peace out. Blizzard is getting greedy and going down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    When you provide basically no support or continuing updates for them, yeah they really are. What's your point?
    http://www.guildwars.com/support/gam...es/default.php
    http://guildwars.com/gameplay/developer_updates/
    http://www.guildwars.com/support/default.php

Guild Wars is getting updated more often than WoW despite the whole focus being on Guild Wars 2.

certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based

Wat.jpg

Now they're just trolling their playerbase.

Deleted
    I just cancelled my sub and will be playing Rift from June 1 until SWTOR or GW2 gets released. Rift is not perfect, but at least Trion seems to have the passion for their game that Blizzard lost along the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a thought:

Maybe Blizz is actively trying to piss all the QQ'ers off enough to get them to quit.

I'd take less money, to not have to listen to most of you.

Quote Originally Posted by quran View Post
    Fuck you Blizzard.

That's all I have to say about that.
    ^^^^^this^^^^^

It started with a sparkly pony..

Blizzard are going to regret this. Not only will they be forced to backtrack due to the uproar, but they have just shot themselves in the foot to a huge section of the playerbase and lost even more reputation.

What killed AC is it really needed a technical level overhual, updated graphics and compatibilities. New servers and everything, it was solid otherwise.

WoW is so much of a cash cow its nearly embarrassing that it is so big in the gaming industry, everything for money, not for fun, not for the fellow gamers, its like turning your back on the people who brought you up when times are good for you.

Don't say subs are everything, there is a large number of reasons why they are high, and it really isn't deserved. The Warcraft 3 (and its playerbase) is responsible for 90% of the success WoW has become. WoW has always beaten other MMOs out because, its where the people are at, unlike other games its hard to run into somebody who has played the same game before.

It had a large start up, and has been able to take advantage of it for all these years, they have been slipping, and being more money hungry since their humble beginnings. Its the money they had to make WoW, no other developers until Rift have spent so much into developing the game, to fund the Start of WoW, was an unheard of amount of money at the time to do such. Today's day and age its not impressive anymore, Blizzard has failed to impress since BC and Pre-BC days, its always been mediocre expected steps, long overdue.

I used to be an immense Warcraft fan, BIG TIME, a guru to the games and the lore. With Cata though, I threw it away, I am not going back to playing. I'd rather give my money to Trion, I hope their RTS game beats out SC2 as well.

I want them to fall, so either Activision cuts them lose, Bobby Kotick is removed, or they leave activision themselves.

I was content before this news...I think I just lost the last bit of confidence I had left in Blizzard.

I'm seriously wondering If now is a good time to quit,just for moral reasons more than anything,I don't care if its an extra $1 or $200 a month,they are just showing their true colours.....they don't care about the subscribers or the content they release they just want ever single dollar they can get their greedy little hands on.

dont you get that this feature will turn the server transfer into something almost unneccessary?

you now dont have to leave your servers community behind in order to do dungeons with your friends, no you can just pay an one time fee, stay on your server and still play with your friends who are on different servers.

i think thats a pretty neat feature, but only if you put the hater-glasses down first ofc :>

also nobody knows what kinda technology is needed in order for players to play together crossrealm, so how can you even start thinking about the fee being justified while not knowing any of the important details yet. you dont even know how much youll have to pay too.

mindless fan-sheep might be annoying, but mindless haterwolfes are the worst.
    Last edited by Ghul; 2011-05-17 at 11:06 PM.