Page 8 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I could see that making it free would ruin ppl spending money to xfer to play with friends.... but come the hell on... all can do with them this way is randoms....

Next thing we hear is mailing BOAs to other realms is going to be a premium service too, GG Blizz. Glad I quit months ago.

Yeah, already paying blizzard stop with the greed.

Deleted
    Amazing, suddenly everyone has friends on other realms that they are so eager to play it, likely they could'nt survive in game until this...

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    +1 to Blizzard.

-10 points to people with entitlement issues.
    ^This, totally this. Even more then 10 characters worth of this.

I don't agree with it being a "premium service," but I think most of the people complaining are is stupid. Like this comment for example,

"...seriously? A premium feature to play with my friends? GTFO."

Ok, so how about you (and everyone of your friends) pay the $10 - $15 bucks a toon to transfer all of your characters to one server... So that is ~ $30 - $45 for 3 toons per person. Oh, and then all of THEIR friend on that server and the guilds they have possibly been in for YEARS have to transfer their characters. Or you get ONE PERSON from you IRL group of friends to pay $3 a month (or whatever it is going to be) for this feature? You can put your money together for convenience and stay on your server and play with all the other friends you have made too.

Like I said, I don't agree with having to pay, but I will 100% pay whatever the cost for this system.

I came back to WoW for Cata and I've enjoyed what it had to offer, however the lack of a 'real' content patch (not recycled 5-mans) in 6 months has really made me reconsider my decision to come back.

I think this announcement has made that decision for me.

Charging extra for the Remote AH/Guild Chat makes sense. You're accessing the game with external devices and has no real effect on gameplay.
    Charging extra for Server Transfer/Race changes makes sense. It throttles people's use of the service and keeps population predictable.
    Charging extra for Vanity items makes sense. They have no effect on gameplay.

But this directly effects how you play WoW and, IMO, is unacceptable for a game that already charges a significant monthly fee.

why do they make it sound like its so complicated? If we can already que randoms cross realm, accessing and finding specific players cross realm would be that much harder?

I mean really? seriously?

I'm hoping with all these new premium services, the Mobile app, and cross realm Ques, maybe they will be moving to a FREE service game, where to play the general game is free monthly, but if you wish to use these services you'd have to pay?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    And its not.
    You can play with friends for the monthly fee you pay, you just have to reroll to do so.

Dont compare it as 'playing with friends' , its playing with friends that are in another world (of warcraft) realm and environment.
    They could just as easy say well, reroll or transfer if you want to play with em, and then people demand a feature like this..
    So basically, you didn't read a word I just said? I said that some people are unable to reroll or transfer due to already having friends and/or a guild on the server they are currently playing on. The only reason that people are playing on a different realm is because having all the players on one single realm would be impossible, surely you must understand this. Even if they play on a different realm, it's still playing with friends. You can bend and twist it as much as you want, but you can't write "playing with friends that are in another world" without using the words "playing with friends".

This is a good feature and should in no way be needed to pay for.
    Last edited by mmocfd8dce4bf2; 2011-05-17 at 08:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Paid service? Ouch, Blizzard. If you're gonna keep charging for all these external things, you should prolly cut the monthly fee in half. You're turning into a Free-to-Play style MMO with all sorts of "premiums"...but you still charge a monthly fee.
    Came here to say this exact thing. ^

This is truly disgusting. Isn't a fraction of the monthly fee as well as paying for all the expansions supposed to go towards developing content and features? Oh I guess not, it's going towards some new failboat MMO. Ugh.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    You two most feel lonely in 6+ pages full of other people and their entitlement issues... rofl.
    Not really. I just see 6 pages of unjustified whining about a feature that won't actually impact anything at all. If you want the feature, pay for it. I personally think it's crazy enough that RealID is a paid service due to the fact that it involves cross-realm \ game chat, I can completely understand paying for a service that allows you to actually PLAY with someone cross-realm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reemix View Post
    You're joking right? Actually xfering to another server is one thing. That price is completely understandable. You're actually moving a toon to an entire different server with it's contents in order to play with your friends.

But what about those of us who have friends on other servers but already have obligations? I have a handful of buddies scattered across multiple servers that I'd love to be able to run a dungeon with but can't because we're already dedicated to our guild and respected servers....

So you're going to charge a premium for me to use a dungeon finder tool? I'm not moving to a server. They're not moving to a server. We just want to play together. Blizzard is just being completely greedy and attempting to make a quick buck considering how fast their losing subscriptions. I'm sorry. But I'll be damned if I'm going to pay to play with friends after I already pay enough as it is for this game and the other "cosmetic or relocation" features.
    The point is the benefit of selectively playing with friends.

To do it before you had to pay or not play at all.

You can now pay a small price and play when you like, while still keeping your obligations to your server and guild.

Or, you can go back to not playing with friends at all.

Point is "Playing with friends" is not considered a necessary aspect of the game of the game to accomodate if said friends are on a different server, especially since there is this completely reasonable and 100% free option called rerolling. They are charging (only one person too, mind you), not for the LFD tool, that's still 100% free, but for the ability to invite RealID friends so you can do dungeons together.

Is it "greedy", perhaps, but by that, most of everything should be free related to the game and the subscription fee should be $5, the point is it's not unreasonable.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    not cool taking extra money when you get 15$ from me and 11.4 million more players each month just so I don't have to realm change to play with my friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingx View Post
    How about logging into your EU account and actually post on battle.net forums instead of letting the tears flow on mmo-champion where not a single Blizzard Employee notices the rivers of Babylon
    I'm sure Blizzard cares to read the second biggest WoW forum on the web. And every company who's actually serious about QA and customer support will read their fan forums.

To anyone saying this isn't a "required" feature of the game.

I hope you enjoy when the auction house costs $5 a month. You can trade person to person. After all, that's what the trade chat is for.

Thought finding groups was hard? Just wait til it costs $10 a month. After all, that's what the looking for group channel is for.

"We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later.
    --Rob Pardo, Blizzard's Senior Vice President of Game Design (2/20/2008)"

I feel betrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    You're trying hard, but I guess the majority is with me on this matter. And btw, if you still didnt get the massive amount of defense of the community, you'll probably realize when Blizzard starts to bomb us with more premium features in 5-6 months, instead of, you know, releasing content for what we paid already.

But thats not the case right now.
    Sure, if they start releasing ingame content for premium accounts i'm with you, that shouldnt happen.
    HC Ragnaros only if the raidleader has Premium function X or something.
    That will kill wow.
    But a feature that allows you to use an ingame function to do something you currently cant, and cant expect to be able to since WoW was never released to be cross-server playable (Thats kinda the point of having server-worlds) can cost money.
    And as said, you dont have to use it; the 'old' options are still there.
    But being able to group with all your irl friends (since you might have those spread across multiple servers, not just 1) costing a small fee is just fine imo.

premium? uuhhh...not interested

Deleted
    I´m disappointed blizz

Like everyone else im quite disgusted by the premium thing... I mean whats next, charging us to download content patches? Hell.. they may aswell just charge us to you the adventures log and also make it a "Premium" or whatever :\

God I got so tired of the idea of paying extra for all this crap that I should already have in game. Out of game services, sure, moving my toon... ok.. but renaming my character is a fee? seriously? Pay a premium for a cross dungeon platform that kind of already exists? Hell no. Some people say re-roll, or pay an xfer fee. I've already paid over 250 in xfer fees in the 5 years I've been playing. I had a guild that I was a part of and didnt want to xfer. I dont want to level a toon just to play with friends. I can think of a hundred reasons why I wouldnt want to pay for this. How about ... I already pay 3$ for remote auction, and another 15 for my sub, and another what maybe 3 more bucks a month for this? By the time we're done im paying over 20 a month.

All I have to say is RIFT. I played it for 30 mins before I bought it and I have not looked back at Warcraft since (Been playing for almost 6 weeks now). Warcraft has turned into a bloated pig. They charge a "Premium" for things that should be part of the game, add-ons are a mess, the client runs on Warcraft III technology (thats 12 years old for those who dont know).. the list goes on.

Try rift for 7 days and you'll be hooked, I guarantee it. Use my RAF key below. If you don't like it, I will paypal you a dollar. (Well.. not really)

KMET-GEJT-FCRT-CCX7-M6DQ