Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Immortal Technique - Dance with the Devil

She’s a devil in a baby blue dress / Who I'm mentally redressing as an angel through sex / Who be testing my mettle - and yes, in a way, I choose the stress / And I guess that I settle cause I’m a slave to huge breasts - But it ain’t worth it.

Tonedeff's flow and the lyrics of this song are so fucking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    She’s a devil in a baby blue dress / Who I'm mentally redressing as an angel through sex / Who be testing my mettle - and yes, in a way, I choose the stress / And I guess that I settle cause I’m a slave to huge breasts - But it ain’t worth it.
    I've never actually listened to Cunninlynguists >.>

The guy who did that verse kind of reminds me of Louis Logic a lil' bit though, good shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I've never actually listened to Cunninlynguists >.>

The guy who did that verse kind of reminds me of Louis Logic a lil' bit though, good shit.
    *GASP* Get started, mang!

The albums A Piece of Strange and Oneirology overshadow their mixtapes due to being concept albums, but pretty much everything they've put out has been great. Damn near flawless track record, really.

anything from illmatic by nas, cunninglynguistics are awesome too, or hilltop hoods, some songs by the roots are too amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    *GASP* Get started, mang!
    The albums A Piece of Strange and Oneirology overshadow their mixtapes due to being concept albums, but pretty much everything they've put out has been great. Damn near flawless track record, really.
    Absolutely. Tone Deff is pretty much God tier. If you can, get your hands on his Underscore album. Was a little underground but it's out there. That's not to say he carrys CL or anything, they're all amazing and they've got some of the hottest flow out there right now.

---------- Post added 2011-08-20 at 11:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by obc View Post
    anything from illmatic by nas, cunninglynguistics are awesome too, or hilltop hoods, some songs by the roots are too amazing
    Haha, I'll admit, I like them quite a bit, but ... let's just say I dont exactly put them on when people are over.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    For me, there's not a lot that compares to this. I don't like Snowgoons that much in general, nor do I particularly like Viro's other work, but this one gets me every time.

Deleted
    I'm not much for Hip-hop in general, but my friend showed me Tyler the Creator, and Yonkers in particular, and it's really good.

Going to keep an eye on him and OFWGKTA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I'm not much for Hip-hop in general, but my friend showed me Tyler the Creator, and Yonkers in particular, and it's really good.

Going to keep an eye on him and OFWGKTA.

Excellent song by Tyler, the Creator.

Some of my favourites at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post

Dare anyone to beat this rap.
    This one was awfully dark. Excellent rapping, though.

anything by A Tribe Called Quest.
    Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6 ghz - Corsair H100 - 16GB DDR3-1600 - SLI GTX 580 - Crucial 240GB

Corsair Obsidian 650D - WD 2TB Black Storage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    This one was awfully dark. Excellent rapping, though.
    Immortal Technique is almost always very "real." They're not really something I can put on for background music but they definitely get my respect as one of the best hip-hop groups there's ever been.

Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

It's by The Firm, but there's no vids on youtube where it says that except some shitty remixes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jay dilla, MF DOOM, Danger Mouse, A tribe called Quest, Aesop Rock, MC Frontalot (I don't care if you don't like it, you can't deny that it is real hip-hop.)

Deleted
    Do Eminem, Snoop Dogg and such count?

Quote Originally Posted by GTG13ification View Post
    Do Eminem, Snoop Dogg and such count?
    That's rap.