Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Aff pet: felhunter back on top vs. succubus?

So has felhunter officially been moved back on top for affliction again or does the glyphed succubus still reign?

Felhunter is back on top for aff, by a pretty large amount of dps too

with 40k+ shadow bite crits?

i think so...

Awesome, thought so. Numbers on dummies were showing it but just wanted to verify. Thanks.

And with the coolest tools also

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    What about the other specs, such as demo or destro?
    I'm no lock expert, hell my lock is only lvl 54, but I've always liked the lil' doggy dog

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    What about the other specs, such as demo or destro?
    I'm no lock expert, hell my lock is only lvl 54, but I've always liked the lil' doggy dog
    Affliction - Felhunter
    Demonology - Felguard
    Destruction - Imp

Soloing old content - Voidwalker
    PvP Control - Succubus

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Affliction - Felhunter
    Demonology - Felguard (for AOE) Felhunter (for single target)
    Destruction - Imp

Soloing old content - Voidwalker
    PvP Control - Felhunter (Just fear instead of seduce)
    Fixed it for ya.

i heard that demo were using the felpuppy for single target, and the felguard (glyphed) for aoe fights. i'm yet to use demo for anything other than maloriak, so i don't know for sure... i could have imagined it, or thought it or something though.

personally, for old content soloing, i use my felguard, if only so you have spin-and-win for when things get a little hairy

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellinne View Post
    Fixed it for ya.
    Awesome-sauce.... Does the puppy need a glyph or anything?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Awesome-sauce.... Does the puppy need a glyph or anything?
    No it doesn't.
    The good thing is you can even insta summon a felguard for AoE phases or DS effect during decimation without losing potential dps due to the fact that you don't waste a glyph slot for LoP.
    The succubus is still better for fights with aerial phases (Atramedes for instance), because she still hits while the boss is flying.

And now hard question! we have on Nefarian hard (progress now) specific tactic, where we kill in second phase one add fast, and other too in third phase. My question is about pets, I play Demo Warlock and that stupid pet (Felhunter) cant attack him on pillar, and let him attack Nefarian without dots is waste too (no waste, but really low damage).

My question is, glyph Succubus and use her for that adds, or have glyphed Incinerate and use her? Most time of this fight i will use Felhunter, only something like 1-2 minutes it will be Succubus. Second option is use Imp, but i dont mean it can overdamage glyphed or unglyphed Succubus in Demo build.

PS: I dont want do new thread, this one is about pets, and I mean everything on main topic was said
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

Quote Originally Posted by Morath View Post
    And now hard question! we have on Nefarian hard (progress now) specific tactic, where we kill in second phase one add fast, and other too in third phase. My question is about pets, I play Demo Warlock and that stupid pet (Felhunter) cant attack him on pillar, and let him attack Nefarian without dots is waste too (no waste, but really low damage).

My question is, glyph Succubus and use her for that adds, or have glyphed Incinerate and use her? Most time of this fight i will use Felhunter, only something like 1-2 minutes it will be Succubus. Second option is use Imp, but i dont mean it can overdamage glyphed or unglyphed Succubus in Demo build.

PS: I dont want do new thread, this one is about pets, and I mean everything on main topic was said
    Just put your pet onto the add on the pillar? then you dont hve to change and you should be rolling dots on neff and the pillar target anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadle View Post
    Just put your pet onto the add on the pillar? then you dont hve to change and you should be rolling dots on neff and the pillar target anyway.
    Felhunter cant attack add on pillar, i really don't know if that was clear in my first topic. We killing two of adds in THIRD phase, that mean Nefarian is on the ground and we too. Adds are on pillars (resto shamans kicking them) and we killing that add. But Felhunter cant attack on pillar, and attack Nefarian is waste (we need kill adds fast). That mean Soulburn Succubus (she attack ranged - that mean can attack add on pillar) with glyph (Lash of Pain) or without (Incinerate glyph)?

Is more damage bonus that 1-2 minutes Lash of Pain glyph or whole combat Incinerate glyph?
    Last edited by Morath; 2011-05-17 at 08:11 AM.
    www.impiks.cz

Deleted
    Felhunter cant attack add on pillar, i really don't know if that was clear in my first topic. We killing two of adds in THIRD phase, that mean Nefarian is on the ground and we too. Adds are on pillars (resto shamans kicking them) and we killing that add. But Felhunter cant attack on pillar, and attack Nefarian is waste (we need kill adds fast). That mean Soulburn Succubus (she attack ranged - that mean can attack add on pillar) with glyph (Lash of Pain) or without (Incinerate glyph)?

Is more damage bonus that 1-2 minutes Lash of Pain glyph or whole combat Incinerate glyph?
    Well as you're saying, you want to get the adds down fast. In that case Glyph of Lash of Pain would be best. However, if you value your overall damage and dps and want to maximize it, get Glyph of Incinerate.

Quote Originally Posted by quran View Post
    Well as you're saying, you want to get the adds down fast. In that case Glyph of Lash of Pain would be best. However, if you value your overall damage and dps and want to maximize it, get Glyph of Incinerate.
    Yep, I mean same thing like you say. I will use Incinerate glyph, we need kill adds fast, but in combat like that it is more about who will have Dominition than who have 25% stronger pet, we can handle it with Felhunter, it will be even better with Succubus and my priority will be overall effective damage.

Thanks for response.
    www.impiks.cz

Yep, I mean same thing like you say. I will use Incinerate glyph, we need kill adds fast, but in combat like that it is more about who will have Dominition than who have 25% stronger pet, we can handle it with Felhunter, it will be even better with Succubus and my priority will be overall effective damage.

Thanks for response.
    Running the entire fight with a glyphed succubus won't hurt your damage that much. As you said, if killing those adds takes importance over the maybe 50dps you would gain with the felhunter and glyph of incin, you should just use the succubus and glyph of LoP.

The last time I simmed myself, I got an improvement of about 13dps using the felhunter and glpyh of incin over succubs and glpyh of LoP, though I would expect my gear is not as good as yours.

edit: mana returns are also a little more normalized with the succubus. I never have to lifetap when she is out, and some fights I have to when I use the felhunter.

Is there a Fel Hunter Basics 101 anywhere? I think I am good with mine I am using his tools during combat "Spell Lock" / "Devour Magic" and I get them but I sure would love to here an experienced player talk about using them and give some examples. Mostly I am running Cata low level dungeons to get to 85 and learn so I am cautious with him mostly letting him attack on his own (defensive) or if he isn't attacking sending him after my target. I have keybinds for each of his function such as Attack / Follow for calling him off and of course his tools are on clever easy to use/remember keys.

P.S. I am so in love with my Warlock I completely stopped playing my Paladin and haven't signed up for any raids or even engaged in simple PvP with him either :O I am afflicted
    Last edited by Contravene; 2011-05-17 at 08:13 PM.

Been playing with a few Fel Hunter macros.. feel free to share others but these are on my bar

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus, exists, harm] Spell Lock; Spell Lock

#showtooltip Spell Lock
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists, harm] Spell Lock; Spell Lock
    (I use this for cho'gall through grid, other uses too though)

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus,exists,nodead,pet:felhunter] Devour Magic
    (good for Maloriak remedy)

These are for focus target but you could change them to target or w/e. Not really a macro expert but if others have cool pet macros I'd love to see them.
    -FR

Quote Originally Posted by Meejum View Post
    Running the entire fight with a glyphed succubus won't hurt your damage that much. As you said, if killing those adds takes importance over the maybe 50dps you would gain with the felhunter and glyph of incin, you should just use the succubus and glyph of LoP.

The last time I simmed myself, I got an improvement of about 13dps using the felhunter and glpyh of incin over succubs and glpyh of LoP, though I would expect my gear is not as good as yours.

edit: mana returns are also a little more normalized with the succubus. I never have to lifetap when she is out, and some fights I have to when I use the felhunter.
    I try yesterday use Succubus and after that Imp, pets cant attack adds on pillar when they stand on ground :X i Flee Imp near me, and still cant attack that add when I can... btw sims are not 100% correct for Demo locks, they still priorize haste, but mastery is way better, with pets it can be same thing. Felhunter is really strong i can see 75k + crits like Demonology, and theyr Demon Soul is nice too, when you use it everytime with Meta, you have stronger Immolation aura and if you can stay near boss almost every time (Shadowflame), that boost your and yours pet DPS too.

btw Felhunter can return mana really fast, it is big unluck when I need tap
    www.impiks.cz