Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    I'd make out with my toaster if you put a picture of Angelina Jolie on it.

Quote Originally Posted by hawt09 View Post
    Whilst you're not wrong by stating that technically there isn't a ceiling to what science can produce, the situation you're describing detracts from the product being a 'robot' by definition, and more into a biological organism (albeit created) - a clone as you might say.
    I disagree with this. Your preconceptions of what the word "robot" means are caused by the limited abilities we currently have in the field. It would be completely possible to create a sentient being with programming and circutry. And if we did, it wouldn't be any less of a person than you or me.

---------- Post added 2011-05-22 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguera View Post
    Takes more to offend me good sir.

However, humans never act the same in any gives situation, and can change opinion, and a lot of our opinions are based on feelings, feelings which robots don't, they run on their programming and mathematic logic. And you can feel when someone loves you, really loves you, you can't do that with a machine. It will only a be a ruse, maybe a good ruse, but still just that.

That would be what I define a soul as, roughly.
    You realize that feelings are just chemical reactions in your brain, right? If you were to recreate that in a computer program for an android's brain then they would experience feeling the same as we do.

EDIT: Also, anyone interested in this should go watch the Star Trek TNG episode "Measure of a Man"
    Last edited by Jhaalu; 2011-05-22 at 08:45 PM.