Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    An excellent example of why frost mages need to have less ways of completely locking down their opponents.

Sounds to me like one team used the tools at their disposal to ensure victory. You can argue all you want about whether or not the game should allow it, but since it does and it isn't a bug, any team that wants to be competitive will have to either be willing to do it or willing to counter it.

Quote Originally Posted by Randgor View Post
    An excellent example of why frost mages need to have less ways of completely locking down their opponents.
    It's RBG with 9 other teammates, if they can't come over and help cleanse or kill the Frost Mage, then your team deserves to lose to this strat.

I'm not sure how those team even lose if they have a lil bit of communication, the tank can just call out for help.

Deleted
    Oh noes!
    If i get it correctly you think that slowing down enemy's flag carrier is cheesy?
    YEA THATS IMBALANCED! It's like using AoE spells in AoE needed situations, or doing burst damage when burst damage is needed or (...) or (...) or (...) or doing what you're supposed to do when you are supposed to do what you're supposed to do!
    Mate srsly, you're frost mage = you have great slows = you slow ppl who are trying to run. Who would you assign to slowing flag carrier? Resto druid?

The main reason the guy was saying it was cheesy is because his team got the first cap, then our team wiped their team inside their flag room, but kept the tank alive....and our entire team left with the new flag cap, while I kept the tank stuck inside their flag room. Their team had been wiped and had to scramble to go pick up the flag while their tank was stuck inside the other side of the map. Anyone on the other team who tried getting to their tank just got stomped mid-field so they couldn't actually help their tank unless a good portion of their team just went on defence just to go help the tank get out of the flag room.

I feel like any half-decent team would able to counter this easily. All they have to do is send a single DPS to peel.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    I get that doing nothing but root, snare, and cc a single target for 10 minutes straight is boring. But this is RBG. You're there to win and thereby increase your (and 9 other peoples) rank, get more points, and perhaps win a title at the end of the season. If you refuse to use a tactic that works and increases your win ratio, but is boring, then you're basically telling your team "Hey guys, do you mind if we win less? I'd have more fun winning less."

This does not make sense to me. I do normal BGs for fun. I would do RBGs for the rewards.
    Pretty much what I was thinking when seeing those kind of comments. It's a team environment, not everyone is in the team to hit the KBs, much like in football (soccer to those across the pond) not everyone is there to score the goals, you can spend the majority of the game standing there as a goalkeeper, but you have a role in the team and you do it to win for the team. At the end of the day, that's all that matters, and that's what makes it worthwhile. It's just as important to stop their flag carrier as it is any other role.

Deleted
    clever use of game mechanics
    nothing cheesy

I find something is cheesy when it's easily exploitable without a proper counter. What OP did was definitely not cheesy considering the fact that all that opposing team needed to do was to adapt and assign a pocket dispeller for the tank. But i guess it's easier to yell "cheesy!!" than trying to think of a counter for it. What amazes me the most is that said tank had so much time to think about his current situation and yet out of all the possible solutions all he could think about was "After this game, i'm SOOOOO gonna go to his vent and scream how CHEESY that was!!!!".

Was the dude trying to pick up and run flags by himself? Where were his healers, plus a dps or 2?
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Apparently Cleanse is hard.

Cheese is Cheese. It's frowned upon and makes people rage but who said you had to play fair in PvP? These are rated BG's, you're there to win not lose.

I don't get how a random guy from another rbg team knows your vent to rage at you on it >.>

Deleted
    If anything it just calls for something to be done about mage roots.. they.. are... annoying... as.. fuck.. But really that team, or those teams must have been retarded.. AMS and priest grip for easy win? As it's been said a million times, anything that gives flag carrier free movement would totally ruin the whole tactic.. and you might be the one raging in the other end. Tbh they should just make graveyards offlimit for immobilizing effects. It is a cheesy tactic, but easily ruined. Any tactic that takes use of one specific class ability to just be plain annoying is cheesy. But by all means, it's the way that you win!

Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    Cheese is Cheese. It's frowned upon and makes people rage but who said you had to play fair in PvP? These are rated BG's, you're there to win not lose.
    Did you even read his post or you're just going off by the title?

There's no 'cheese' here

Removing a choice as a flag carrier is a valid tactic.
    However being able to shadowstep to the graveyard, or being able to otherwise camp it I feel is different.
    Graveyards should be somewhere from where the battle can be safely entered.

Quote Originally Posted by Kynn View Post
    Did you even read his post or you're just going off by the title?

There's no 'cheese' here
    "Cheese" is a cheesy tactic or strategy, derivative from Starcraft. It is a strategy that is highly unconventional and considered overpowered/unsportsmanlike that usually consists of obnoxious "in your face" tactics that annoy your opponents. In this case, sticking a frost mage on the tank to lock down the whole game is a "cheese" tactic. So yes, I did read his post. Did you? Perhaps you should read everyone else's posts as well.
    Last edited by Entropic; 2011-05-22 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    "Cheese" is a cheesy tactic or strategy, derivative from Starcraft. It is a strategy that is highly unconventional and considered overpowered/unsportsmanlike that usually consists of obnoxious "in your face" tactics that annoy your opponents. In this case, sticking a frost mage on the tank to lock down the whole game is a "cheese" tactic. So yes, I did read his post. Did you? Perhaps you should read everyone else's posts as well.
    And the general consensus here is that this strat is not a cheese and I doubt you've read my post because I explained why it isn't.

His healers have a skill call cleanse, he should get them to use it sometimes.

Your Warlock and Holy Pally have next to no experience in competitive PvP, and you've done a grand total of 3 RBGs, none in WSG or TP. Something tells me you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Kynn; 2011-05-22 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kynn View Post
    And the general consensus here is that this strat is not a cheese and I doubt you've read my post because I explained why it isn't.

His healers have a skill call cleanse, he should get them to use it sometimes.

Your Warlock and Holy Pally have next to no experience in competitive PvP, and you've done a grand total of 3 RBGs, none in WSG or TP. Something tells me you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by JShepherd87 View Post
    Cheese is only cheese until people realize that's it's actually a well thought out strat. Don't hang your head in shame. If it's really that effective then it will eventually become mainstream, and then more and more teams will be aware that they need to counter you, and the game will rebalance itself all over again. Grats on clawing your way to the tip of the strategy spear.
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post

Your method will be labelled cheap/cheese. That makes you the better player because you won. Until they counter your cheap move, you will continue to be the better player. Play to win, not to follow some predetermined set of "fairness" rules.

Blizzard defines fair, not some collective of forum posters or opponents who get frustrated with your relatively simple counter.
    The general consensus here is that it is a cheese strategy. However, not once did I say it was hard to counter.

So you are saying that the tank didnt have ANY healers with him, that could dispell him? O.o