Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Anyone else feel like Warcraft is finally being cleansed?

After the last 2 nonsense expansions to please god knows who since no one asked for them, it really feels like we're finally getting to breathe something that might come out of a Warcraft RTS.

Time travel...not so much, but at least the setting and major players and theme are straightforward and no-nonsense. Getting to see Draenei in strength is pretty cool too, hope they don't end up looking incompetent compared to the usual glorification of our characters.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree it will probably be an interesting expansion.

Deleted
    so i liked cataclysm and i liked mop and i hate the fact they force no fly shit on me .. oh and more orcs because we clearly havent had enough already last 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    so i liked cataclysm and i liked mop and i hate the fact they force no fly shit on me .. oh and more orcs because we clearly havent had enough already last 4 years
    Yeah the no flying thing is bullshit, but I wasn't really talking about the gameplay changes, more about the feel and atmosphere, but I guess you don't like more orcs so I guess that sucks for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt call it cleansed...more like good way to brainwash players thinking its a new stuff, while in realiy its gona be same stuff again.

Oh and cata made sense...just not the last raid.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Dunno. Not talking about bosses or particular parts of lore in MoP and Cata. But I've liked this 2 expansion. Cata was a breath of fresh air for the old world, changes and new stories were needed. MoP was a really interesting journey to the world beyond the war of orcs and humans. I'm sure I'll miss Pandaria during WoD. Don't really see why Warcraft should be cleansed.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2014-08-13 at 09:39 PM.

Cataclysm seemed, like Dragon Soul (the raid) to take you everywhere and anywhere, but nothing really made it coherent.
    Mists of Pandaria, in my opinion, was/is the best expansion to date. It's only 'major' issue was/is the wait for WoD.

If WoD can build on what MoP did, and doesn't stay around for a year too long, it will cleanse what is/was left of the horrible taste of Catafail. It looks like, at least, 6.0 content-wise, they're really close.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Cataclysm seemed, like Dragon Soul (the raid) to take you everywhere and anywhere, but nothing really made it coherent.
    Mists of Pandaria, in my opinion, was/is the best expansion to date. It's only 'major' issue was/is the wait for WoD.

If WoD can build on what MoP did, and doesn't stay around for a year too long, it will cleanse what is/was left of the horrible taste of Catafail. It looks like, at least, 6.0 content-wise, they're really close.
    Do you realize how horrible MoP is lorewise?.
    OBEY THE PUG!

No. I feel like it took all of the established lore, threw it in a blender and out came this shitty expansion idea. They should move forward instead of going back and rewriting their lore.

I honestly feel that Wod will be about even, popularity wise with Mop.

Deleted
    absolutely

this is a proper Warcraft expansion again, not some asian themed fluff garbage

You mean Cataclysm, revolving around Twilight Hammer introduced in W2 and Deathwing also introduced in W2 is not something that came out of Warcraft RTS games? Wut? I know it's shocking to many people, but Warcraft did not start with Reign of Chaos. It has "3" next to "Warcraft" for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post
    After the last 2 nonsense expansions to please god knows who since no one asked for them, it really feels like we're finally getting to breathe something that might come out of a Warcraft RTS.

Time travel...not so much, but at least the setting and major players and theme are straightforward and no-nonsense. Getting to see Draenei in strength is pretty cool too, hope they don't end up looking incompetent compared to the usual glorification of our characters.
    Because Pandaria... Clearly mentioned in WC3 BTW didn't come from WC3... Yeah okay bro settle down. Po from Kung Fu Panda was based on Samwise's original concepts of the Pandaren for WC3:TFT

After the last 2 nonsense expansions to please god knows who since no one asked for them
    I don't remember anyone asking for this expansion either, and I remember plenty of people were thrilled at the prospect of Cataclysm could have been. I also remember tons of people were crying to have pandas years before MoP came out. Now, this is just me, but this is totally the least excited for an expansion I ever was, garrisons aren't very compelling to me, some of the new zones are "nice" looking but it's just basically more of the same that we've already seen (a jungle here, a certain colored forest there, a snow area, yawn yawn yawn). The story is sort of cool, but I still always wonder what the hell Blizz is thinking releasing this expansion in an era where they are losing subs. But whatever, I'll eventually end up playing the expanasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhamaren View Post
    You do realize the only shit lore comes after 5.2 right?? ...

Do you realize that's an opinion not shared by all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore evolves, people. Get over it. For everyone who wants more orcs and humans, there is one who has had enough of orcs and would have welcomed a different expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    I do think that was one of its biggest problems, actually. It's lack of endgame cohesion just made the entire expansion feel... Unfinished. Even when people talk about how good tier 11 was (and it was a good tier), the launch endgame was a bit too "all over the place" to really feel like an actual story was being told. Pandaria, on the other hand, was very tightly written throughout, and saw good story progression from the opening zone and the introduction of the Mogu to the Dread Wastes and the rise of the Mantid. Okay, the lore wasn't part of the existing canon and was largely made up in order to make another expansion, but that didn't stop it from being a well told story until the Siege of Orgrimmar.

It's just a shame Blizzard thought we'd all regress to six years of age for the duration of the Valley of Four Winds. I digress.

Personally, the biggest problem I think Warlords is going to have is that its taking a huge gamble with how people feel about existing characters whose stories have been told. The artists have been keen to retain the spirit of the original models in their revamp, but no such care is being taken with the story. Make no mistake; this whole "time-travel-not-really-alternate-universe-but-time-travel" is going to do a pretty significant hatchet job on characters that a lot of players have grown to love through the entire lifespan of the Warcraft franchise. Messing with them is a significant risk, particularly with the game already in decline and when there are still legitimate stories to be told. If players feel Blizzard make a big enough mess of it, they could launch 7.0 to less than four million people.

That said...

A couple of friends of mine who are in beta (both been playing less time than me, but are somehow more "veteran" - no, I don't know either) have said that Warlords feels like Warcraft again. Ignore the legitimacy of the story, ignore the amount of content that's been cut, changed or postponed, ignore the general malaise that's running through the community - we're back into a world that simply feels right. An exact quote for you:

"So glad we're back with Warcraft and not happy panda adventures".

Sometimes, logic is less important than feeling. If that happens to be true in this case, we're looking at a great expansion coming up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other 2 expansions werent that bad, or else WoW would have 0 subs.
    But i do agree that WoD is going back to how they used to run their game. Which is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

people have asked for pandas ever since w3, and deathwing is DEATHWING! granted they butchered him worse then what they did to LK, but to say no one wanted them isn't accurate.