Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The use of Soothe?!

Hi,

is there any fight where you use Soothe? I know that this spell exist but i never used it yet, so do i miss any encounter where it has any use?

Soothe
    6% of base mana 40 yd range
    Instant
    Soothes the target, dispelling all enrage effects.

It it used to just soothe beasts and stuff. But since cata it now dispels enrages.

Generally on a fight that has an enrage effect. Like on some bosses with an enrage at 5-7% HP left. You can dispel the enrage.

For PVP this is good because you can dispel the various enrage effect from a Warrior.

No enrage for a warrior means;
    -no enraged Regeneration
    -no raging blow
    -no berserker rage (10 second immune to fear) if you cast soothe while Brage is up.
    -no vengeance (yeah, apparently vengeance is a enrage effect)
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2011-05-20 at 08:26 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    the lackly's before the 2nd boss in deathmines enrage at 50%, it works there.

or the orges before the first boss, they enrage at an interfall

bosses that deal extra damage when they are < 10% or so are usaly bezerk'ed and that cant be removed as its not a enrage effect.
    and if you hit an enrage timer on a boss and he enrages but you cant dispell it either
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    the lackly's before the 2nd boss in deathmines enrage at 50%, it works there.

or the orges before the first boss, they enrage at an interfall

bosses that deal extra damage when they are < 10% or so are usaly bezerk'ed and that cant be removed as its not a enrage effect.
    and if you hit an enrage timer on a boss and he enrages but you cant dispell it either

This means it's a useless skill for raiding isn't it?

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dragon trash in BWD you can dispel enrage

Quote Originally Posted by Fichte View Post
    This means it's a useless skill for raiding isn't it?
    Not necessarily. Lich King fight had enrage mechanics that needed dispelling, as well as the mini bosses in ruby sanctum. We're yet to see any bosses in cata raids with this mechanic, but we've only had 1 tier. In the following tiers there's bound to be something that requires the use of enrage dispels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Soothe
    Instant

It it used to just soothe beasts and stuff. But since cata it now dispels enrages.

Generally on a fight that has an enrage effect. Like on some bosses with an enrage at 5-7% HP left. You can dispel the enrage.

For PVP this is good because you can dispel the various enrage effect from a Warrior.

-no enraged Regeneration
    -no raging blow
    -no berserker rage (10 second immune to fear) if you cast soothe while Brage is up.
    This. i accually only wanted to mention you could use it for warriors, but this should be your final aswer

back in Wotlk, i used it on the Horrors in the LK hc encounter :> but yeah, thats off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthedbear View Post
    The Dragon trash in BWD you can dispel enrage
    It makes that drake boring to tank, would rather give the healers something to do

15+ Year Old Account
    but generaly speaking its useless in raids indeed :P, in the old days like MC it was manditory tho
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Several mobs in the Z heroics enrage so dispelling it greatly decreases the groups damage intake. So does the lynx boss in ZA. Mobs in stonecore. The uses are there, you just need to keep an eye out on the mob's buffs.

Then it will totally wreck warriors and ferals in pvp.

Lynx boss in ZA enrages during the fight, you can use soothe to remove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    ZA/ZG and older heroics have several mobs that enrage, increasing their damage done. Soothing them makes healing (still) easier. Note that you can only dispel enrage effects, not frenzy effects.

Deleted
    Soothe can be a bit of a pain. Some 'enrage' effects aren't removed, and there is no hard and fast rule that determines what it works on and what it doesn't. The best uses I've found are in DM heroic for dispelling the enrage from the trash before Helix, in ZA for dispelling the frenzy effect on Halazzi (which removes a lot of damage) and for the drake trash in BWD.

There's a few places where Soothe's nice. The dragon trash at BWD, Lockmaw, some of the trash in Deadmines, the big ToC I think, etc. There can't be to many though, cause that ruins some aspects of a enrange, but there is a use, same with the other versions.
    Where Soothe has a bigger use though is in PvP against tank specs like Blood, or Protection, Warriors and there Enrages, and any other Enrage effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have it keybound and everything, but I always forget to use it. Need to start paying more attention and get to use it some more

Deleted
    Hm maybe there is a List with buffs so i can include them in Powerauras to see when they go enrage i can dispell.

Soothe in PvE can be really useful if you do not overgear the content. I remember it was really welcome on the trash drake leading to Maloriak when we were first in BWD in January. Nowadays I don't even bother.

And yeah warriors in PvP, I have to remember that, it's something I know but end up never doing for whatever reason (well, the reason is probably that I suck at PvP )

Soothe
    Instant

-no enraged Regeneration
    -no raging blow
    Just for the record, vengeance is not an enrage effect. Otherwise you would be able to use enraged regeneration at any time while taking damage (which you cannot, you usually have to hit berserker rage to activate it).

Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    Just for the record, vengeance is not an enrage effect. Otherwise you would be able to use enraged regeneration at any time while taking damage (which you cannot, you usually have to hit berserker rage to activate it).
    Erm, i think you may be a bit off there.
    Last edited by Balbo; 2011-05-21 at 03:39 PM.

Soothe

-no enraged Regeneration
    -no raging blow
    Anyone have a complete list for PVP use?
    I know Soothe is really good against DK Vengence and the Warrior stuff, but was wondering if there were other classes/abilities that Soothe affects.