Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Actually it needs to be:
    1. Affliction.
    2. Destruction.
    3. Demonology.
    Because that's the order of difficulty. The more challenge you want the lower your dps is going to be.
    I'm going to have to disagree completely ..affliction rotation is jokingly ez and you swap all of your dots off instantly with soul swap. Theres also lil to no setup as far as cooldowns go and its very straight forward.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree completely ..affliction rotation is jokingly ez and you swap all of your dots off instantly with soul swap. Theres also lil to no setup as far as cooldowns go and its very straight forward.
    But you also think that Demonology is directly competitive or even superior to Affliction in a single target set up, so I'm not entirely sure I can actually take your opinion seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew I was going to be called out for it in one way or another as soon as I posted it. I'm not saying Warlocks have to top all DPS. The words were never typed that I was calling for that. I'm simply stating that ignoring player skill and referring to simcraft results in a 1500 dps gap between #1 (MM Hunter) and #5 (Drain Life Affliction which was just hotfixed nerfed). The difference between #4 and #5 even was about 500 dps. The difference becomes wider now that Drain Life Affliction has been nerfed. Skill will always beat ceiling class output but skilled player versus skilled player breaks this argument somewhat.

As far as the whole "Demonology can do great single target dps too! You just have to be skilled at it!" Its true. A good Demo lock can beat a less good Afflic or Destro lock. I played a Demo lock full time in ICC and Simcraft numbers be damned I beat specs and classes I shouldn't because I was a better player than they were. Its always been like that. What I'm saying though is that Demonology shouldn't rank so far behind Afflic and Destro in total single target ceiling output that its viewed as an AoE spec first and a single target spec second. I also don't see how Felhunter is the Demonology single target pet of choice and the Felguard is the AoE pet of choice does not further propagate this notion.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Only the third best dps in the game!? THIS IS A TRAVESTY
    Eh to be fair, in a fair world the pures are 1,2,3,4 so 3rd isn't all that amazing.

When I look at stateofdps locks are 5th anyway, hunters are 3rd. If you are looking at a simulator to figure out real world dps you are doing it wrong.

is this guessing the next big nerf to warlock thread or qq'ing about raid utility or just complaining abour warlocks in general? either way...next big nerf if any will be something to do with destro. they havent picked on it in a long time and all they seem to tweak around with these days is affliction and demonology. that would be my guess. i pesonally love my DI and new demon soul talents. woulda been great to have this in icc instead of just a pre and post pot to buff ourselves with.

as for order of simplicity of the different warlock specs someone mentioned. the degree of difficulty would have to be demo, destro, than affliction. i find affliction extremely easy to play, especially with the use of power auras, forte xorcist, and a drain soul timer. the other classes have way more going on as far as cooldowns and dots to keep up. aff only needs to watch 2 dots and one cooldown. cant get any easier than that. everything else renews itself and gets even easier come drain soul time. demo gets crazy with throwing shadow flame into the mix along with its other cds of meta which constantly changes and is unpredictable. destro just has cds off the wahzoo along with dots that need refreshing...too much for me to watch compared to affliction..almost twice as much to keep tabs on.

and as for the drain life nerf, good riddance. if i wanted to be a shadow priest, i would of rolled one. glad to see the shadow bolt back. tired of seeing wannabe shadow priests in my raids. hopefully we see some other warlocks go demo or destro and liven the raiding scene with actual warlocks in the raids instead of this drain life stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pande View Post
    Eh to be fair, in a fair world the pures are 1,2,3,4 so 3rd isn't all that amazing.

When I look at stateofdps locks are 5th anyway, hunters are 3rd. If you are looking at a simulator to figure out real world dps you are doing it wrong.
    if were looking raidbots.com affli is first. and they dont suffer as much from movement as a ele or hunter hardacsting aimed. so theyre really good pve wise. + leet healthstone. seriously, i hate raids without them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felhunter's shadow bite damage reduced by 40%

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    Felhunter's shadow bite damage reduced by 40%
    In addition there model has been replaced with the zergling pet

We also though the 40% was still a little too low and have nerfed it to 80%

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Coil has now a 90% chance to miss a target.

(that would be funny)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Death Coil has now a 90% chance to miss a target.

(that would be funny)
    BUT if it does hit, The person you hit will actually be afraid of you and alt f4 his game then shut down his computer for 30 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by DallasRN View Post
    I'm saddened by even thinking about our utility or what we bring to a raid.

Healthstones, big deal.

Dark intent for a healer.

DPS... its a struggle compared to other classes.

Not liking what I'm seeing on PTR either.

Nothing etched in stone but not liking it.
    http://stateofdps.com/

Struggling to dps? ROFL

All 3 Lock specs are above rogues. We haven't gotten a single dps change this whole expansion. (Assassination)

aff drain spec wasnt intended, aff locks are OP in pvp, and op in pve

http://www.simulationcraft.org/410/Raid_T11_372.html

mm, you move your dps drops
    arms, the sim is based off 4-5 bosses that can be charged from melee range, all others they are 1-200 behind fury
    arcane, dps drops when moving
    aff, dps DOESNT drop when moving

so in real terms affliction is THE best spec in the game right now and still will be in 4.2
    cry less

---------- Post added 2011-05-21 at 01:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    http://stateofdps.com/

Struggling to dps? ROFL

All 3 Lock specs are above rogues. We haven't gotten a single dps change this whole expansion. (Assassination)
    look again.... 2 =/= 3

Quote Originally Posted by Damosapien View Post
    aff drain spec wasnt intended, aff locks are OP in pvp, and op in pve

http://www.simulationcraft.org/410/Raid_T11_372.html

mm, you move your dps drops
    arms, the sim is based off 4-5 bosses that can be charged from melee range, all others they are 1-200 behind fury
    arcane, dps drops when moving

so in real terms affliction is THE best spec in the game right now and still will be in 4.2
    cry less

---------- Post added 2011-05-21 at 01:10 AM ----------

look again.... 2 =/= 3
    Top 200 25 man heroic, would be what I am looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Deegs View Post
    I'm becoming increasingly more concerned about the lack of warlock class changes over all for 4.2 for far. Perhaps we're all misjudging how soon 4.2 is coming, maybe we won't see it til the middle of July or something, but very little so far addresses any of the complaints, comments, and concerns about the warlock class currently. The class competes admirably but I can't imagine Blizzard wants warlocks primarily using Demonology as an AoE spec or not using a Felguard at all times as Demonology. I can't imagine Blizzard is going to leave total warlock DPS output alone when even Drain Life Affliction, which was recently nerfed, was lagging behind Mages and Hunters. With the coming release of the Legendary Staff, Blizzard wouldn't let one of the two classes that haven't been able to even hold a Legendary since pre-BC to be underpowered...would they?

I doubt it will remain unchanged for much longer, the problems affecting Warlocks right now are complex ones that are probably taking more time than usual to find solutions to. With each passing day and each new update to the PTR without serious warlock class changes I'm growing gravely more concerned that Blizzard won't be making major changes to the lock class in 4.2.
    Honestly man, what the hell are you talking about? We are not underpowered, we are prob going to be the strongest class in 4.2 if it was released tomorrow with the changes as they are right now. Sure there are a few small things we would like to change, but if you are getting beaten so badly by other classes you prob need to look at what you are doing and not blame your class.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/ Go and see for yourself, and with shadow priests getting nerfed, we will most likely take over in the top spot, if you play the class properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Damosapien View Post
    I know what you're getting at, and I agree. But that statement isn't true at all

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygersaf View Post
    It does if your an ffliction lock in arena :P
    The damage nerf to drain life isnt at all a big nerf, it is maybe <3% nerf to our dmg in arena

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    I know I'm obsessed with the female void walker lmao
    lorewise, touching a voidwalker makes you remember your most painfull memories ever (which is the base behind the voidwalker's taunting abilities)....

so I don't see why anyone would want a female voidwalker around...

I mean... you touch her boobies than you remember that one time when you saw your great grandmother naked... not a good deal...
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Actually it needs to be:
    1. Affliction.
    2. Destruction.
    3. Demonology.

Because that's the order of difficulty. The more challenge you want the lower your dps is going to be.
    Affliction isn't harder than destruction. It hasn't been for a long, long time. Nor does it have any elements that should make it any harder than destruction, not even the DL variant.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2011-05-21 at 02:33 AM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    lorewise, touching a voidwalker makes you remember your most painfull memories ever (which is the base behind the voidwalker's taunting abilities)....

so I don't see why anyone would want a female voidwalker around...

I mean... you touch her boobies than you remember that one time when you saw your great grandmother naked... not a good deal...
    That was so ackwerd reading that :P

If I had to guess? On the next Lock nerf (Love my lock btw, always pushing to make it my main )...

Hrrrmmm

Life Drain reduced by... wait. Nm.

Ok ok, Self-healing will be..... wait. Nm

OKOKOK---- Can't use Demon armor and Beacon to skeez..... hrrrmm. Nm

OK! === Next nerf: Soulstones are now gone, as is any sort of use/proc/boost from them, and your pet has suffered dramatically through this loss of character individuality as a result thereby nerfing them also (Pet Damage reduced by 85%)

Yes? YES?

How about:

-We have removed the talent specializations of Demonology and Affliction because we fell they don't contribute to current raiding groups as much as they could in the World of Warcraft™. Destruction has been given a mild buff, please refer to our forums on Fire Mages for details.
    -Destruction Warlocks have been renamed to mages, and given two talent tree specializations for Fire with a Pet and Fire without a Pet. Please refer to Mage forums for further details.
    -Warlocks, due to their capricious nature of having successful, yet wildly varying specs and playstyle have been given one free character appearance and race change. They will be locked to Human or Orc after choosing which they prefer and no Mohawks or silly tusks will be furnished for appearance. Also: they will all receive black hair, but may style it to a more Mage-themed look if they so desire by purchasing a character appearance change through our services tab on youe battle.net account information page.
    -Due to Fear being an extremely valid and usefull CC in World of Warcraft™ PvP we have decided to give all other classes three types of fear wards, and have increased the cast time of Fear by 600%.

Did I just leak patch notes?!?!?!

/hide