Pet swapping for Demo

I just leveled my lock to 85, and got a couple of questions regarding pets for demo.

According to Elitistjerks, Felhunter is the best single target pet, but Felguard gives the most potential out of Demon Soul.

So my opening rotation now is:

Curse of Elements
    Bane of Doom
    Demonsoul and Meta
    Immolate
    Hand
    Corr
    Shadobolt

Things that proc and keep corr and BoD up.

(this is for dummy. My ilvl is 317, doing 10k dps).

But I wonder, should I do this instead?

CoE
    BoD
    Metamorph & Demon Soul
    Felstorm while getting the rest up.
    When Felstorm is done, Soulburn Felhunter
    When DS is up again, Soulburn Felguard, DS, wait 45 sec and Soulburn Felhunter. After that I'd stick with Felhunter I guess.

Would this be a dps increase?
    10k with only FG up, this is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...issen/advanced

I tried the whole pet swapping thing (just for initial application of dots / first meta). It just felt too clunky and I just keep the hunter out instead of the guard. Honestly, I think I was losing dps from doing the swapping because it just feels so unintuitive. And I certainly think multiple switching wouldn't be good as the hunter does a rather significant amount more than the guard. For me it's at least a 2k dps difference on the target dummy (horrible to test with, I know, but I don't have reliable raid data with both pets). I don't imagine 20 sec of guard DS is going to outweigh the difference.

You should start with the felguard, use DS with him and felstorm. Once the 6 seconds are up and Felstorm is over, you SB out a Felhunter for the most optimum opening sequence.

Deleted
    is shadowbolt even any good anymore for demo ? cuz if i am correct they changed the talent in destruction so ur incinerate gives that debuff aswell,so aint spamming incinerate better for now ?

Unless your timing is inhuman, pet swapping is always a DPS loss. End of story. Demon Soul is not nearly as worthless with a Felhunter as it was with a Succubus (am I the only person who feels Molten Core's proc chance went UP while Demon Soul: Succubus was active?). It scales your Bane of Doom and your Corruption (the gains to Bane of Doom from Meta + Demon Soul: Felhunter are HUGE and you don't lose them until the 1 minute mark, at which point you're halfway to your next Demon Soul, anyway). The only time I can think of even TRYING to time this out right is if you have enough haste that another 15% will add a tick to Bane of Doom, but that's just me. I know it sucks not using a featured ability in EVERY fight, but that's how we're designed, sadly.

Deleted
    Depending on the boss fight really, but I usually pop Meta / Demon Soul / Soulburn, playe my dots (Felstorm's already triggered with Meta), once FS's over I'm using the SB to summon Fel Hunter and proceed my usual priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mereli View Post
    The only time I can think of even TRYING to time this out right is if you have enough haste that another 15% will add a tick to Bane of Doom, but that's just me.
    Bane of Doom is unaffected by haste, and will never gain an extra tic

Quote Originally Posted by Delia View Post
    Bane of Doom is unaffected by haste, and will never gain an extra tic
    This actually explains a lot. I think it's kind of unfair that a spell that so much of our overall damage is wrapped up in doesn't scale with one of our most important secondary stats, but oh well. Never bothered to check whether it did or not because I've never really felt like my DPS as Demonology was sub par.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make a macro like I did. It pops SoulBurn, Summons Felhunter, applies Soul Link. Use it after Felstorm is done (during Meta, because the Felhunter is the highest damaging pet and it just becomes even more so)

/Cast Soulburn
    /Cast Summon Felhunter
    /Cast Soul Link
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

If your going to go down the pet swapping route you should summon both (or all) of them before entering combat and putting soul link on then. Saves you a global mid fight.

I personally only do it on sinestra, puppy for starters for single target up until egg dies, use the 3rd shard when it comes off CD when the eggs on 30% ish, DS execute as the egg dies (u usually cant get the last cast to land neway), so you have 3 shards and soul burn up, pop FG as your running back to the adds for the AE bits.

i start out all boss fights with felguard out, coe+hog+felstorm, meta+ds, then soulburn summon felhunter