Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

how much spirit do you raid with?

hello. I am a former holy priest who turned to the dark side of shadow and now and coming back to the light...

I was wondering how much spirit you raiding holy priests have exactly. How much should I aim for and how much are you comfortable with in 10 man raids? do you use less for heroic 5 mans?

I am balancing two sets of gear for dps and healing so I am constantly adjusting the stats. thanks for your input.

3k with Tsunami active and I have Fall of Mortality as my other trinket.

From 2500 onwards though, raiding is possible, you will run oom on some bosses though.

im usally between 2000-2300 no idea what the perfect point is. befor buffs and procs

i'd say around 2k is what you wanna aim for, for raids.. ofcourse more is always better.. try to keep a healthy balance between your haste (atleast 12.5%) and mastery, while maintaining enough spirit to be able to manage.
    at the end of the day its just a matter of personal preference if you ask me

In full spirit gear, T11 4pc bonus, I'm at 2996 without using food buff or flask with raid buffs (Without any procs) - that +540 spirit off 4pc bonus is nice

For Heroic modes, you WILL need a lot of spirit - some fights are just so ridiculously demanding, like Omnitron System defence on heroic, you'll need to have your mana lasting a long time... yeeesh.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2011-05-21 at 04:41 PM.

I should have also stated that I am only doing normal 10 man raids at the moment...thanks for replies so far.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using 3 pieces of gear without spirit. 3481 Spirit with Tsunami, Heartsong, 4pc. So normally I run with 3281 (no heartsong) but with and 80% uptime on heartsong it's sooo sexy.

I also plan on getting the Heroic Incineratus so I'll lose another 97 Spirit.

10-mans you will also probably want more Spirit than a 25-man as you wont have as many, if at all, mana tides/CDs. For normals I would say get all spirit pieces until you're at 2300-2500. At this point your raid should have quite a bit of the fights down and it will become less healing intensive and you can start swapping out pieces with Haste/Mastery.
    Last edited by Zodisius; 2011-05-21 at 04:51 PM.
    Now Casual Holy/Disc Priest: Summer of 2011

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Zodisius View Post
    I'm using 3 pieces of gear without spirit. 3481 Spirit with Tsunami, Heartsong, 4pc. So normally I run with 3281 (no heartsong) but with and 80% uptime on heartsong it's sooo sexy.

I also plan on getting the Heroic Incineratus so I'll lose another 97 Spirit.
    Why don't you enchant Power Torrent?

For Heroic modes, you WILL need a lot of spirit - some fights are just so ridiculously demanding, like Omnitron System defence on heroic, you'll need to have your mana lasting a long time... yeeesh.
    Well, Halfus and Atramedes (2heal) aren't that demanding, since the required raid heal drops significantly after the Bronze Dragon was released (we start with Storm&Nether&Whelps, and go on to Bronze afterwards, and offtank the Slate (doesn't get killed)). I never use the Spirit flask anymore, so I only have 3k spirit for that.

And Atramedes is also easily healable with 3k spirit and only 2 healers. He just doesn't do that much damage.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    Why don't you enchant Power Torrent?
    I heal a bit more conservatively than my healing partners. xD We have an amazing resto druid that likes to play very aggressively, and I know how he plays, so I like to be able to heal a lot for a long time so the extra mana regen is nice. ex: Druid gets low on mana, procs Power Torrent, calls for Hymn, and then innervates. Talk about A LOT of regen!

It also allows me to swap out more pieces for gear without Spirit. I could probably swap it for Power Torrent but I like it. :P

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    Thomas Jefferson

thanks for the answers, it looks like 2300 or so may be the sweet spot for 10 man normals around here although so far the range is form 2000 to over 3000.

I heal a bit more conservatively than my healing partners. xD We have an amazing resto druid that likes to play very aggressively, and I know how he plays, so I like to be able to heal a lot for a long time so the extra mana regen is nice. ex: Druid gets low on mana, procs Power Torrent, calls for Hymn, and then innervates. Talk about A LOT of regen!
    This does however, not really have anything to do with you not enchanting Power Torrent. You could do the same thing if you had Power Torrent.
    Also, you said you had almost 3300 spirit - that should be more than enough, even without Heartsong. Also, from what I remember, Heartsong only equals about 108 spirit, while Power Torrent gives you an average of 120 int, which should be superior. Also INT does increase your mana regen, although not as much as Spirit does.
    And don't forget that it's pointless to have fights ending with you still having mana, that would just be a sign of excessive regen, that could instead have been put into throughput, which overall also removes a little strain from other healers, which could in turn, mean that overall, your whole raids mana in total increases.
    Also, wouldn't it be better if your resto druid used his innervate on someone other than himself? The way it is currently, he would regen more mana overall (if he has the right glyph) if he used innervate that way.

I obviously don't want to force you to do something you don't want, but I think it isn't wrong to show you what you could improve

thanks for the answers, it looks like 2300 or so may be the sweet spot for 10 man normals around here although so far the range is form 2000 to over 3000.
    Yes, 2300 should be a starting point. What I'd also like to mention is that you should really really try to get items with INT on them in your trinket slots (Core of Ripeness, Fall of Mortality and Darkmoon Card: Tsunami are the three items you SHOULD have here, they all provide solid regen AND a lot of your best throughput stat).
    Last edited by Skyve; 2011-05-21 at 07:59 PM.

Deleted
    I sit between 3k and 3.5k spirit in combat (I think?) with 4set + tsunami. but my other trinket is the alch trinket so no spirit proc there.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm rocking 3578 with 4 piece and Kings. Double Int trinkets, Tailoring cloak Int ench and Power Torrent. But I have Jar of Remedies if I need another 505. Aim for 2-2.5K to start with. 3K for heroics.

Deleted
    Just FYI, there are no buffs that increase spirit.

I run 3k with 4t11, not using DMC:Tsunami, using Core + Fall instead with full int-procc enchants (power torrent and lightweave).

Deleted
    2100 + 4pc as disc, and I have too much regen for normal modes.

It also allows me to swap out more pieces for gear without Spirit. I could probably swap it for Power Torrent but I like it. :P
    Why isn't your druid using innervate on other people with the glpyh? Also, you shouldn't cater to one person's healing. What happens when he dies?

I usually stay around 2200 or 2300 for the really long fights. Anything more is useless imo, using shadowfiend/trinkets properly you can probably heal with less than 2k.

Deleted
    I'm running with 3600 spirit with 4set and Tsunami stack.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    This does however, not really have anything to do with you not enchanting Power Torrent. You could do the same thing if you had Power Torrent.
    Also, you said you had almost 3300 spirit - that should be more than enough, even without Heartsong. Also, from what I remember, Heartsong only equals about 108 spirit, while Power Torrent gives you an average of 120 int, which should be superior. Also INT does increase your mana regen, although not as much as Spirit does.
    And don't forget that it's pointless to have fights ending with you still having mana, that would just be a sign of excessive regen, that could instead have been put into throughput, which overall also removes a little strain from other healers, which could in turn, mean that overall, your whole raids mana in total increases.
    Also, wouldn't it be better if your resto druid used his innervate on someone other than himself? The way it is currently, he would regen more mana overall (if he has the right glyph) if he used innervate that way.
    Thanks for the helpful information. Yes, I have plenty of regen for farm fights but I'm currently not 13/13 and it comes in handy for new/harder fights. I could put Power Torrent on my weapon but an average uptime of 25% isn't really attractive for me. Plus, I may have to postpone my Arcane Torrent or pray that it's up when I use my shadow fiend which could actually reduce my regen. (Assuming I still want to get effective regen out of it). I'm not sure how innervate works currently but I can tell you that the glyph is swapped out quite often depending on the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Also, you shouldn't cater to one person's healing. What happens when he dies?
    Battle Rez is a pretty common spell now'a'days. Plus, just because I help out my fellow healer doesn't mean I'm a bad one.

Thomas Jefferson

3100 buffed w/o tsunami 3635 w/ . Oom doesnt happen for me but 2500ish w/ a shaman healer is just fine for 10m