Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Zerg 10 v&t heroic??

My group does not have a rogue and I was wondering if we 1 tank and 2 heal the fight and everyone staying in the boss realm if it is possible to Zerg it before the second valionna phase.

And how easy it is if it is possible.

We have been sending groups down with little success 2 tanking and 3 healing and we hVe been at about 37% before whipping in the second valionna phase from too many portals.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We tried that tuesday, got to about 61% before healing was overwhelmed. in the end, we powerleveled my rogue (who was thankfully 83 at the time) to 85. It might be possible if you absolutely insane dps, GL

Deleted
    My guild just sends two teams down in the realm. (first team goes down on dazzling (hunter+hpriest), second team when tank gets ported, right before deep breaths (boomkin+rdruid). Using 3 healers total, 1 tank, now with our dps we don't go down a third time (they die pretty much when Theralion is landing the 2nd time).

could actually be interesting trying to zerg it, I atleast could switch from survival to marksman then, and gain some dps that way, and with a 7th dpser it would die rather fast.

We're currently on the same fight.
    We used a retri paladin (me) and a holy paladin to go down in the twilight zone on the first dazzling destruction.
    We take about 25-30 stacks, then bubble, and stay for another 10-15 and get out, right about before valiona breaths.
    Then we send a hunter down with a priest, on the flames from valiona's breath.
    And i suicide on the next lot of dazzlings, staying alive as long as i can.
    Got to 1% on thursday (500k wipe :S)

Personally, i would recommend a mage, which is what we're bringing tomorrow.
    Main thing, regardless to set up, is to consistently kill the rift dudes.
    Have rotating dps who can handle moving in the realm, with rotating healers aswell.
    If you're doing it right, you shouldn't have any problem keeping the raid up with 2 healers, and 1 down in the realm

We tried the zerg tactic aswell, i would strongly recommend against it.

The amount of healing and luck you need is pretty shocking. With so many rifts up, people may end up taking 5+ hits from different rifts at the same time. This is especially on 10 man, due to so few targets to choose between.

How much health do they have on heroic 10 ??? I can't remember

The DPS requirements for zerging it is absolutely insane, probably not doable until firelands gear.

Providing logs of your raid's dps would help a lot with this situation. That being said, the damage and healing requirements to zerging it are somewhat high.

Deleted
    Send tanks down, we use me (a prot warrior) and a DK tank to go into the twilight realm and kill as many adds before needing to come out and switch tanking. 18% wipe last time we tried it with popping BL the second time valiona is down.

Trick is to have the warrior spec into Impending Victory and glyph Victory Rush for 100k victory rush heals. Its awesome. And it gives your tanks a chance to do something fun for a change.

depends if you have lots of multi dot classes (spriest boomkin lock)

Heard somewhere that you need 40k~ dps per person to zerg it. Maybe try another tactic, dunno about 10man but on 25 its also doable with other classes than rogues

we did it without a rogue.. send a ranged dps and healer in for the first dazzling destruction try to kill as many as u can (u can prob take like 24 stacks before u have to jump out) then just burn like normal mode... at least thats how we did it.. we also 1tanked it (the tank had to bubble his stacks off first and then pop cds for the second)

its much harder without a rogue and/or mage

I remember the first time we did this on 10 we used 4 healers. Didnt have a rogue so just rotated 1 of the healers down stairs with a ranged

Deleted
    Don't really need a rogue for this fight. We used to have our ret pally bring his alt rogue to down this, but nowadays we just have the tanks go in when they get enough stacks, finish off a few adds and come out. Warrior tank works particularly well due to Victory Rush heals - I think ours downs around 10-15 adds every time he goes under.

Oh, this was posted earlier. We are also using DK and a Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    Send tanks down, we use me (a prot warrior) and a DK tank to go into the twilight realm and kill as many adds before needing to come out and switch tanking. 18% wipe last time we tried it with popping BL the second time valiona is down.

Trick is to have the warrior spec into Impending Victory and glyph Victory Rush for 100k victory rush heals. Its awesome. And it gives your tanks a chance to do something fun for a change.
    Last edited by mmoced9c7f72b6; 2011-05-22 at 12:01 PM.

we use one tank (prot pally) on the bosses with me taunting and half tanking the boss when needed in fury spec with a sword and shield equipped when he gets ported down (until he gets back up) or until he's bubbled and cleared stacks.
    We send a mage and holy pally down and are killing it weekly

Why is mage good for going into shadow realm?

Deleted
    I don't think it's possible to zerg them before healing can't coupe.
    Our rogue died on 50% and with 4 healers we had trouble healing through the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by irismoon View Post
    Why is mage good for going into shadow realm?
    Because iceblock clears the stacks.

6 dps 3 healers 1 tank, my guild has zerged it since our 1st kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejoro View Post
    6 dps 3 healers 1 tank, my guild has zerged it since our 1st kill.
    Have any logs?

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.