Arcane Pve question(against rawr)

its telling me to put everything possible into mastery and say screw haste.

really go all mastery like this?

i use rawr as a good guideline, but its saying nothing but mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer2005
    Turning Off Experience has ruined BGs!

It might help if you posted what your current stat ratings are at, but mastery is a great stat for arcane. From what I have gathered from all the research haste and mastery are very close actually. Especially if you already have high haste I think it makes sense to switch some over to mastery.

I reforge and gem and enchant for mastery for arcane. There is enough haste on all the gear to not have to worry about it.

From what I have gathered from all the research haste and mastery are very close actually
    That's actually incorrect, ever since the 4.1 buff dropping our AB to 2 seconds, haste was devalued to be our least important stat.

Generally it goes Mastery > Crit > Haste for arcane post 4.1, but always follow what Rawr/SimC tells you, because it depends on your current stats/gear.

I reforge and gem and enchant for mastery for arcane
    You should be pushing toward Intellect primarily. Most important secondary stat is hit cap. So I'm assuming you mean that you do that after those two priorities.
    Last edited by Matik; 2011-05-22 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wyujroi View Post
    It might help if you posted what your current stat ratings are at,
    before following rawr to the T,

19.48 (13.79)haste
    32.16 (26.78)crit
    15.60 mastery
    7732 (7185)Spell

Raid Buffed (Self Buffed)

10+ Year Old Account
    With 4 set tier 11, you won't need additional haste to reach the GCD cap during BL / Berserking / Shard of woe use. Mastery as a whole is way better than haste atm. int> hit > mastery> crit > haste.
    In tier12, haste will once again be better than crit until you reach the GCD cap during BL/Berserk/shard

edit: Scalefactors etc in bis arcane: http://simulationcraft.org/410/mage_...Arcane_T11_372

Quote Originally Posted by cfeuer1 View Post
    before following rawr to the T,

19.48 (13.79)haste
    32.16 (26.78)crit
    15.60 mastery
    7732 (7185)Spell

Raid Buffed (Self Buffed)
    Assuming you have 4 pc, haste should be your lowest stat, with mastery being the highest. At least that's how it is for me.

If you don't have 4 pc, then haste should be right behind mastery (or possibly barely ahead of it)

Quote Originally Posted by Matik View Post
    Assuming you have 4 pc, haste should be your lowest stat, with mastery being the highest. At least that's how it is for me.

If you don't have 4 pc, then haste should be right behind mastery (or possibly barely ahead of it)
    i do have 4pc, gonna start forging and re-enchanting.