Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Whenever I read these kinds of topics I start thinking to any reasons I've been votekicked... But then I realize that I probably never have been votekicked. Dunno if there is a way to make sure (ingame counter or something?) but I can't remember a single time I've been votekicked.

Maybe I'm just that good, or I have a stupidly good luck when it comes to LFD.

Mostly because my internet connection is crap (we can't get proper broadband in rural England until ~2015 ) and I've been disconnected twice in a short space of time.

It got worse since Cata but in defence that is probably because my end can't cope, not Blizzard's. I gave up for a while after Christmas because I was fed up with it but recently it has been much better, plus it's easier to reconnect now they have stopped sending the authenticator data at the same time as the passowrd - I had difficulties logging back on without closing the whole program and relaunching the client, which obviously takes too long for impatient (with justification) players in my group.

@Brienna - only ever met one idiot like that and they left the group after we said no, they couldn't roll need for greens for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Panjandrum View Post
    Mostly because my internet connection is crap (we can't get proper broadband in rural England until ~2015 ) and I've been disconnected twice in a short space of time.

It got worse since Cata but in defence that is probably because my end can't cope, not Blizzard's. I gave up for a while after Christmas because I was fed up with it but recently it has been much better, plus it's easier to reconnect now they have stopped sending the authenticator data at the same time as the passowrd - I had difficulties logging back on without closing the whole program and relaunching the client, which obviously takes too long for impatient (with justification) players in my group.

@Brienna - only ever met one idiot like that and they left the group after we said no, they couldn't roll need for greens for this reason.
    I know what you mean about bad connection, That is why I never vote kick when someone DC during trash, usually I tell the group "lets finish clearing trash and see if he comes back online", and when its during a boss I usually wait 5 minutes, and use that time for a BIO.

Deleted
    I was tanking a random heroic, it was a 4 man guild group with the healer and 3 dps being from the same guild. The run started flawlessly; I held aggro, stayed alive, no one else died, watched that the healer was at enough mana at all pulls and bosses and tried even chatting with them and being friendly, then just before the 3rd boss they said "Sorry we don't like your name or Charlie Sheen" "You have been removed from the group."

I was leveling my rogue and got removed from a group for falling off a walkway.

It made me cry a little ; _ ; I can't help it if I herpaderp every now and then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my first vote kick last night after winning the roll on an epic drop. Butthurt split 4 ways, I guess.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Best one I've had is getting kicked by the warrior tank that ass pulled a boss in ZG and blamed me because I was the only one that could use the same abilities and because dps are easy to replace of course. *I need to learn to English* XD

I don't usually get removed from groups, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
    I accidentally my signature

Quote Originally Posted by UndrCover View Post
    I was in a LFD group the other day with four randoms that were all guilded. When the hunter complained that hunters sucked at killing the ghosts on Jin'do, I suggested trying to use conc shot or scatter shot if he really needed range. He said that those abilities were survival or beast mastery abilities and that marksmanship hunters didn't have access to them. After suggesting he take a look in his spellbook, I was removed, with the hunter saying "learn ur own class b4 u say shit bout mine"

I wasn't really that mad to be booted, to be honest, it was kind of sad to see that kind of ignorance indulged. I also didn't want to wipe to Jin'do for hours.
    That makes me lose faith in my own class AND spec. I'm Marksmanship and I'm pretty sure I use those abilities at least once a day... I might be wrong though, he seems to be and expert on hunters and the rest of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    At night, I look upon potatoes with lust in my eyes.

Deleted
    Well I didn't really get kicked. But I kicked a hunter when we whiped on Daakara for not running back while everyone else did, his excuse was spirit release button dissapeared, Let's say he got very mad and made a lvl 1 alt on my realm starting to curse at me. Serves slackers right

Deleted
    Only one I can think of was getting kicked right away for being a DK tank. In a VoA 10 PUG.

Had me puzzled for a long time, especially since at the time DKs were pretty much awesome.

I always get kicked for being "elitist"...but you better believe im gonna call you out if your soon something wrong....blizz didn't create fire for you to stand in.

Noone will learn if others sit there quietly watching you do (even if it is fun)

And iv been kicked for saying poop, group was completely silent for more then half of zg...so I randomly typed poop and got removed XD

Quote Originally Posted by Djjoe View Post
    Well I didn't really get kicked. But I kicked a hunter when we whiped on Daakara for not running back while everyone else did, his excuse was spirit release button dissapeared, Let's say he got very mad and made a lvl 1 alt on my realm starting to curse at me. Serves slackers right
    This actually does happen from time to time, so I wouldn't kick immediately. Granted, if he/she had been a lazy prick otherwise, then he/she might get the boot

I got kicked from a group yesterday for pulling a necessary trash pack in ZA. It was after the group had pretty much broken up though because the warrior and druid QQ'd that "omg we won't make the timer now because you pulled that 1 trash pack", lol @ going for timer in a pug. Warrior was raging hard too, apparently I'm a "shitty dbag baddie tank" for pulling a necessary trash pack.
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-05-23 at 07:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Only one I can think of was getting kicked right away for being a DK tank. In a VoA 10 PUG.

Had me puzzled for a long time, especially since at the time DKs were pretty much awesome.
    Someone probably knew who you were and decided they couldn't handle your rugged masculinity.

jumping too much on my druid in a level 40 group.

because i'm a better roller on item drops
    This pretty much sums up how i feel about this thread

I've only actually been kicked from a group once, it was back during Wrath during the ICC days.

I was tanking Heroic Culling of Strat on my DK, in dual-wield Frost Spec. DW Frost wasn't great for raids but it was a dream for tanking heroics, especially in ICC level gear, where survivability really wasn't an issue. Anyway, it was optimal for DW Frost tanks to use slow DPS 1handers rather than tanking ones.

From the beginning of the run, the healer and one of the DPS (Same server/guild, surprise surprise) harassed me for not using tanking weapons. Their logic was "You are a tank. You use tank weapons." I tried to explain as calmly and consisely as I could, even linked them to the EJ thread explaining as much. I gave up on explaining it pretty quick, and resolved to just get the instance done.

I tanked it fine, as expected. They were silent for much of the instance after that, until we reached the gauntlet and the healer ran ahead pulling half of it at once. He promptly died, I made a valiant effort to hold them but died without heals. Running back, I didn't even say anything, when the healer piped up "You're done, Mr. DPS Weapons" and I was kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by epec View Post
    jumping too much on my druid in a level 40 group.
    Haha, please tell me you were the healer, lol

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had never ever been removed from any groups, and I ran alot on my hunter, and heal ALOT.

So one day I just wanted to know what it was like to be kicked, so I qued (as heals), entered, went afk. came back, everyone left group....
    so I tried it again a few days later. came back, i was kicked, was the only time i was ever kicked in my whole time ever playing wow.