10+ Year Old Account

Semi Pro Auction House

I have a couple questions for the pro Auction Housers out there. First off, I know that you can get banned for inflating/deflating a particular item too much on the AH. I am not talking about that, I am simply talking about being smart and buying low and selling high (reasonably) and controlling a market to an extent.

1) What methods do you use to pick a market/item to control? More fluid markets obviously have more money potential, but they are difficult and expensive to control.

2) How do you decide when get out of a market if:
    a) You have been in the market a while, and just want to get out to not draw too much attention
    b) You simply cannot keep up with the number of people undercutting you, so you are gonna throw in the towel and take a loss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tennesseej View Post
    I have a couple questions for the pro Auction Housers out there. First off, I know that you can get banned for inflating/deflating a particular item too much on the AH.
    tbh never heard of this... sounds like BS, you can decide the prices you want to sell for, as expensive or cheap as you want them... or how many.

For the rest I don't have tips really, besides the obvious buy low/sell high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    tbh never heard of this... sounds like BS, you can decide the prices you want to sell for, as expensive or cheap as you want them... or how many.

For the rest I don't have tips really, besides the obvious buy low/sell high.
    Some friends of mine told me about it, I think in general most player's aren't doing what they are talking about. I think it pertains more towards gold selling services that can be on the AH literally 24/7, and can buy out all the Wool Cloth and resell it for 400 g a stack, and literally nobody can buy for less because as soon as an auction for less goes up, the bot buys it.