Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Valiona/Theralion HM or Conclave?

Hi guys. We raid 10s. We did Heroic Halfus, Chimaeron, Atramedes, Magmaw, Maloriak, in that order. We're trying to decide if we should work on V&T or Conclave next.

Tanks: Prot Paladin, Feral Druid
    Heals: Disc Priest, Resto Druid, Holy Paladin
    DPS: SPriest, Fire Mage, Survival Hunter, Rogue, Frost DK
    Additional: Shaman will either replace the DK as Elemental or the Paladin as Resto, depending on which is less needed.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/ne...facient/roster
    Basically anyone Rank 6 or over are possible to use, but I listed the people who are probably our strongest players.

Our healers (Shaman included) are all really solid. Our tanking is sort of our weak point. (Magmaw is way easier than Maloriak for us.)

V&T sounds potentially easier because our rogue is pretty awesome. Conclave seems possible because of Frost DK kiting and rogue burst for Rohash. (Rohash' shield shouldn't be much of a problem, as we did like 3-4 tries like 2 months ago, and were able to knock it down quickly WITHOUT a rogue then.)

Conclave is also attractive because it would be a realm first, V&T wouldn't.

Any thoughts/advice/opinions? Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Conclave is fairly easy once you get a tactic that is working for your team. But untill you do and can do it flawless twin drakes are a far easier target. Especially with a rogue ..

Deleted
    if your rogue is good, v+t should be rather easy (if that is not the case and you have to kill it the "normal" way, you will have lots of frustrating wipes and you will curse the randomness of the encounter xD).
    conclave isnt that hard as well, but you might have problems killing off the flower-adds fast enough as rogue dps is rather low compared to others.
    also, if your mage helps to destroy the shield, he might want to spec frost(survivability and freeze-burstdmg) or arcane (well-timed arcane blast*2 with 4 stacks) because fire's burstdmg is really low compared to that.

I heard that most people just kited the flowers with a frost DK? Is killing them worth trying?

If you have a frost DK then kiting is the way to go on Conclave.
    However personally I'd say go for V&T, if tanking is your groups 'weak link' there's fairly little skill involved from a tanking perspective. Also it's a lot easier than Conclave.(imo)

10+ Year Old Account
    We did Conclave first, but thats also because we had put a bit of work into it before moving onto other things after replacing our frost DK(was really undergeared @ the time). And we didn't have a rogue(still ended up bringing a blue geared alt for first kill, and all kills after the main got the achievement).

However, I still think conclave is easier than valiona, but thats just for our group. You have a good comp for either one you choose to go to. You got the rogue+DK for conclave and the rogue for valiona so you can cheese both of them rather easily.

Honestly you should probably just randomly pick one then do the other. If you do end up running into problems then you can give the other a try if it seems overwhelming(it shouldn't).

EDIT:
    I heard that most people just kited the flowers with a frost DK? Is killing them worth trying?
    Just read that. KILL THEM. Do not kite them the entire fight in 10 man. It will stress your healers more than necessary and the DPS is not an issue if your players are decent. This is how we do it:

DK, Lock, Hunter on anshal, Mage(frost) and boomkin on rohash. Frost DK picks up all adds and kites. He hungering colds right before toxic spore to get some distance between them then we break them free with aoe damage(they are usually in a soothing circle thing by now). when the aoe is off he starts tanking them and we all just dps them down. We kill them when Anshal is around 70-72 energy usually. Our platform is still ahead on DPS at the end and I(the lock) have to go to nezir early to dps him to make sure anshal doesn't die too fast before rohash.
    Last edited by Aeiri; 2011-05-26 at 06:07 AM.

V&T heroic with rogue = V&T normal

basically if you have a rogue, it's as easy as atramedes/halfus
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Thanks for the advice, folks. I think I have a pretty good idea of what to do now!

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    V&T heroic with rogue = V&T normal

basically if you have a rogue, it's as easy as atramedes/halfus
    Yup. Our guild did 2nd kill tonight on 10's and honestly it feels like this. Actually it feels like V/H normal maybe your 1st kill, hard but doable

Hmmm, wasn't aware of the Rogue thing. Definitely going to bring this up in my guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    Just read that. KILL THEM. Do not kite them the entire fight in 10 man. It will stress your healers more than necessary and the DPS is not an issue if your players are decent.
    Kiting means you don't get hit - how does this stress healers? Furthermore, you hardly have to heal on the nature platform anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because then you have one less person soaking the ultimate on Nezir. So much easier just killing them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeen View Post
    that works at 25 man.. but i think you gotta kill them at 10 man

Yes, kiting them on 10man is like having 3 healers on Cho'gall. Possible, but makes the encounter actually harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

LOL Realm First,jesus christ where can I go so I can snag that achievment really quick

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    Because then you have one less person soaking the ultimate on Nezir. So much easier just killing them.
    With 3 healers healing nezir's ultimate, you really do not notice the difference between 7 or 8 people on the platform. Kiting them means you kill nature last, which gives you a lot of headroom on gathering strength. We kill it with about 20 sec left on the cast, where as it seems a lot tighter (judging from movies) if you kill frost last.

Deleted
    We had the exact same progress as you but a completely different setup and went for VT Heroic. Downed it after like 2 nights of trys and like 18% wipes haha. We didnt have a rogue which made the fight abit more complicated (we used tanks only with no healer going inside to kill the add things) so the fact that you have a rogue makes me think the fight will be even easier for you.

So ye, I suggest VT!

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Conclave is slightly easier then VT I'd say, both are not extremely hard but I'd say Conclave next slightly easier and no trash :P

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Noticed you didn't mention Omnomnomitron. Might want to give that a go too since you haven't. I've done it on 25 man and heard it's easier on 10 man. It's not a DPS race, it's just making sure your damagers don't break shields, have good interrupts, and can move with Conductor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujinkiri View Post
    With 3 healers healing nezir's ultimate, you really do not notice the difference between 7 or 8 people on the platform. Kiting them means you kill nature last, which gives you a lot of headroom on gathering strength. We kill it with about 20 sec left on the cast, where as it seems a lot tighter (judging from movies) if you kill frost last.
    It is a difference for the healers, and an unnecessary one in my opinion. How does it work with killing nature last? You'd need your dps to drop their stacks at some point since you really don't want people with high stacks on there with the ultimate going off, particularly if you have 1 less person because of the kiter.

We kill the adds on Nature, and even with that we find our Nature dps goes faster than our Wind dps so that we don't even send all of our Nature dps back to Frost when we are ready to kill Nature/Wind in order to have them die at the same time. I would just think that all the additional swapping and moving due to the Frost debuff would make the fight unnecessarily more complicated.