Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Honestly I find tarantulas LESS scary than smaller hairless spiders. Hairless small spiders are like, fast things that can strike at you, and they run away and u cant findthem making u even MORE paranoid.

Tarantulas are sorta slow steady animals. Plus they generally aren't aggressive when handled with care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your spider getting owned. Mantis is the shizznit

You don't fuck with a Mantis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monster Bug Wars.
    Watch it.
    Mantis wins every time excluding the time when the katydid destroyed the mantis. Also some crazy spider battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    Monster Bug Wars.
    Watch it.
    Wow im watching, it's awesome.

This ogre-faced spider has a incredible strategy using its net offensively and dont as a trap.

I can imagine a game where you fight against giant bugs with different combat strategies. Yea i love strategic combat.

Deleted
    You're a cunt. I didn't mind the spider all too much then you go and post a snake.

Fuck you. Hate fucking snakes.

Eeeeeeertttttttttttt

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that one of the new tameable ones? lolol

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    I found another spider, guys! I named this one Simon, since like the adorable Brit from the Yogscast, he's covered in a thick coat of stiff red hairs.
    You sir, are a brave brave man.

I love spiders. I'll go out of my way to stop a friend from killing them and just put them outside or something, so long as they're not something dangerous. Most spiders wont attack you even if you get near it. They'll just run into a corner or something. Just imagine if you were being chased by a giant. Would you run up and try to stab it for no reason at all, or would you run and try and hide somewhere, so it didn't squish you?
    I would totally have a pet tarantula if I wasn't in the Navy. I'm not sure what kind, because seeing as I can't own one, I haven't looked into it much, but I would name him Bobbert.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubninja View Post
    \Would you run up and try to stab it for no reason at all, or would you run and try and hide somewhere, so it didn't squish you?
    I would scale it like Kratos and fuck its shit up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish i had the ballz to have a pet tarantula

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    I would scale it like Kratos and fuck its shit up.
    Well I suppose you'd be the brown recluse of the human race then, eh?

Wow, I'm amazed your bird-eater is so calm. My wife had one years ago and it was by FAR the most aggressive spider we'd ever had. Cleaning it's cage was a bitch and my wife did get bit once. She'd had several other tarantulas she handled regularly, but that one, oh hell no... (and yeah, they eat baby mice JUST fine). Be careful man, keep that thing happy or fear the wrath, lol

Oh, it can turn at the drop of a hat if you don't know how to properly handle it. Basically, it's like a tiny little 800 pound gorilla. If it wants to go this way, you best let it go that way or it's going to push your shit in.

I was really young when I saw it, and I don't remember what type of spiders they were, but they had a HUGE web over the parking lot where my dad worked. It went from tree to tree to tree, and they had to bring power tools to get rid of it.

EDIT: After looking online some, I think it might have been some of those orb spiders, but I don't know if they would come together to make a sort of communal web.
    I'm from Daytona Beach, Florida, if anyone else knows some sort of spider that might fit the bill that's native to that area.
    Last edited by Shrubninja; 2011-06-03 at 05:35 AM.