Deleted

Holy Priest on Chim HM 10m

Hello everyone.

My guild has killed Chim HM two times now, but when we tried him yesterday we just couldn't do it. We had the same healers as last time, but it everything went wrong...

As we had some tries where people died in the feud phase I assume that it was in part my fault that we couldn't suceed.

My job is to heal everybody except the three tanks outside of feud, meaning I mainly use flash heal, binding heal and serenity and CoH and Prayer for massacres.
    I would like to switch chakra stances for every feud, but it doesn't seem to fit with the CD.
    So I was either not in sanctuary for feud (maybe the reason people died in feud?) or not in serenity for slimes (what killed our mage at least once, because 2x FH was to slow... or my reaction).
    I am even considering State of Mind... but 6 seconds seem not enough to help. 10 would be worth a try...

Are there any of you, who have the same job as me and could give me some advice on how to improve? Or a log to compare? I am especially interested in how you handle your chakra. And if you use holyword sanctuary on feuds (I fear it costs a bit too much. but on the other hand I can get a concentration potion and my hymn after massacres).

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments

If it is of interest: We use 2 real tanks, 1 DPS tank and the other healers are druid and shaman. The two cover the tanks and help with the raid for feuds.
    Last edited by mmoc4875f38be8; 2011-05-27 at 11:56 AM.

I have the exact same job. I stay in Sanctuary the entire time and see no reason to need serenity. If you are quick enough 2x Flash Heals will get the slimes topped up. On Feuds I try to have a lightwell down right behind where we stack and harass people to click it. After I PoH each group once I lay my Sanctuary down then stack up. CoH on cooldown, and alternate PoH on each group. When I heal this with my resto druid friend we can stop healing after the first slime hits and then our combined HoTs will take care of the next 2 slimes, it's pretty awesome. When I heal with a shaman we need to keep spamming the whole phase, but no one comes close to dying.

As for mana on sanctuary, meh, I've never gone OOM on that fight even without an innervate or mana tide. If you are though I don't think cutting it out would be make or break.

But yeah, definitely stay in Sanctuary chakra and just Flash 2x on the slimes. Also each person clicking the lightwell once is like an extra 24k healing per person, make sure they click it.

Edit: If you lightwell about 1 minute before you pull a 2nd lightwell will be up for the 2nd feud. Also after a feud massacre you get about 10 seconds to regen, so use mana hymn or a potion of concentration.
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2011-05-27 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    We run with 2 real tanks, no dps tank.
    3 healers, holy priest, holy paladin, shaman/druid for 3rd spot.

I run serenity in P1 and sanctuary during Feud and I'm trying to use holy word for slimes together with heal/FH/binding and I try to use HW:S during Feuds aswell. Sometimes the CD doesn't fit and when we were progressing I actually specced into State of Mind to make it easier to switch.

LW + HW:S + PoH + CoH + PoM together with your other raid healer should be MORE than enough, we actually manage to overheal quite a bit during Feuds now a days. If I had major mana problems I'd drop HW:S right away, it's not worth it IMO.

edit: Easiest is to divide the spit healing so that you only need to top one off, this enables me and the shammy to not use our expensive heals as the paladin can keep MT/OT up alone together with renew/ES etc.

edit2: Using serenity for P1 allows me to keep renew on tanks by using heal, hence saving a nice chunk of mana.

Here's our two last H.Chim10 kill:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...?s=1063&e=1433
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...?s=2802&e=3118
    Last edited by mmoc12f026c685; 2011-05-27 at 12:17 PM.

I don't get it why do you need to serenity during non-feuds. Flash 2x is easy enough. Also who are you healing the feuds with? Like I said if I heal it with a resto druid we can just hot the raid up then stop healing after the first slime volley and /dance.

Ok I see you use a Shaman and Druid. Just get the shaman healing the feud tank and you and the druid healing the raid damage. If the druid tree forms he can solo heal it. Use a lightwell for the first one, a tree form for the second and a tranq or hymn for the 3rd.
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2011-05-27 at 12:08 PM.

Deleted
    I have never found a real need to use flash heal during this encounter exept on some very rare "oh shi.." cituations. As holy you have enough haste and with Test of Faith talent it is possible to keep your part of the raid up with using only a heal and serenity. Sure it is a lot safer to use flash if your gear affords using it 24/7 and another tank will ofcourse need big heals. During feud phase I would change to sanctuary and just spam everyone up with mending and coh on cd and poh while waiting, should be more than enough. Not even thinking of wasting precious cast time for that heal plant on the ground since it ticks ridicilously small numbers.

And I wonder why are you using holy in heroic mode? Disc is way too good there. Feuds don't hurt if disc presenced and it gives more dps time in p2 since debuff does hardly any damage if people are shielded.

Deleted
    We've assigned healers with grp/top-bottom priority so both healers always only have 1 target. I just chunk a heal on my target and thats all I have to do, aside from 2x poh after each massacre. Come feud I flash heal the tank twice, then coh (and/or renew the tank) while I run into the group and start mashing poh/coh while clicking the lightwell. Since my gear is so good I don't have to worry about my heals doing <10k, but back in the day I would set up groups so one grp had 3 tanks, the holy paladin and then a random dps, and the another group with a shaman/shadowpriest to do that last 1k passive healing. Whenever the random dps guy in grp1 got hit I would just coh aswell.

Btw holy > disc, above guy is wrong.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-05-27 at 01:31 PM.

We assign group 1 / group 2 to different healers during the spits. It doesn't matter how you heal them, but I typically use Flash / Binding since mana isn't much of an issue for me on this fight.

We use a pally and bear tanks with a DK DPS tank to eat the Break early on so that we can maximize healing on the tanks when needed. Even with CD's we see some tank deaths, so we've had to adapt during Feud. We arrange our healers as close to the tanks as possible (for example, some nights we have a Resto Shaman, and we can fit all three healers and most of the melee in Healing Rain), so we don't have to move a whole lot to stack up.

Of the two real tanks, I'm assigned the bear who takes double strikes every other Feud. Basically, I bomb my tank to full before I even budge to help with the raid (I heal with an over-zealous Resto Druid, so he can handle the raid for a few seconds). After the tank is topped with a quick Flash/Flash/Greater combo, I move in and help with the raid, but the tank is my main priority. The raid doesn't need to be completely topped off, but if you lose a tank you are done.

Depending on your raid comp and how you stack cooldowns, it might not be as important for your healers to focus on the tanks. In our experience, if the tanks aren't getting a lot of attention it leads to a wipe. We could probably focus more on spreading out CD's, but we find this to work best.

Everyone must be topped off for phase three since there is ticking damage that can't be healed. On our ideal kills, we use a little trick to really help with phase 3.

- Pally tank pulls the boss all the way to one corner as we are transitioning.
    - The other tank runs all the way to the diagonal corner.
    - Pally tank bubbles, and the boss runs all the way to the bear.
    - Bear gets eaten, and the boss goes back to the Pally tank.
    - Ideally, our DK DPS is first to die after the tanks (or while the tanks are doing the dance), and we battle res her.

When it works out perfectly, phase 3 is a complete joke.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I've been staying in Sanctuary the whole time. I've tried both ways and it doesn't seem to make a huge difference. Trying to swap back and forth never lines up and I don't care to ever pick up the current State of Mind talent.
    Last edited by Grizzlokk; 2011-05-27 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Addition.

Deleted
    Thanks for your help.

Ok I see you use a Shaman and Druid. Just get the shaman healing the feud tank and you and the druid healing the raid damage.
    I really had to check the logs because I wasn't sure who was healing the tank during feud and it seems that both the shaman and the druid were healing the tank and the raid as well (healing rain, wild growth). It might be better to have a clear assigment.

I will also try to reforge for some more haste. But last time it wasn't a problem to cover the whole raid alone for slimes and massacres, even mana wasn't an issue (I just do nothing when there areno people <10k so I regen enough to use flash heal all the time on slimes.)

And going disc was never an option, as I have shadow as second spec (and I am the only healer who can go DPS if necessary). But I took 2 points in soul warding for our first attempts (but people didn't die to the dot anyway).

---------- Post added 2011-05-27 at 03:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlokk View Post
    Of the two real tanks, I'm assigned the bear who takes double strikes every other Feud. Basically, I bomb my tank to full before I even budge to help with the raid (I heal with an over-zealous Resto Druid, so he can handle the raid for a few seconds). After the tank is topped with a quick Flash/Flash/Greater combo, I move in and help with the raid, but the tank is my main priority.
    Do you think a druid is better on the raid than a priest? Or a priest better on the tanks?
    I don't feel so comfortable when I am on tank-duty :-/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haimchen View Post
    Do you think a druid is better on the raid than a priest? Or a priest better on the tanks?
    I don't feel so comfortable when I am on tank-duty :-/
    Holy priest on the raid is awesome sauce. Keep it that way.