Deleted
    I really want to play this game to it's fullest, which means elite/nightmare dungeons as well, though i've only managed to get one friend into the game so far(he loved it obviously) and it feels like nightmare dungeons need 5 people on vent/skype to do D:
    Same goes for raids.
    So, to ask a question. How are the "cabals" ingame? Have you had any good nightmare experiences with pugs? And how "dedicated" are the community to actually doing nightmare mode dungeons?

you don't need people on vent for NM's I have played solo and done all NM's without comms and in pugs with no problem, there really aint much to the fights. purge and interrupt, that's about it. its no where as complicated as raiding in something like wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    I'm not 100% sure of server physical locations, but if that won't affect your latency, you can play on any server and it won't affect who you can play with.

As for showing latency and framerates:
    Code:
    /option latency_window true

The GC presentation videos:
    1. part:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aTtT...9&feature=plcp

2. part:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJXd...8&feature=plcp

hey, your videos are coming up with 'error occurred during validation!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Isjgc0oX0s
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-08-22 at 01:54 PM.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    hey, your videos are coming up with 'error occurred during validation!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Isjgc0oX0s

I found the correct links!!
    prepare to be amazed:

Video of the TSW Gamescom Press Presentation!
    Rocket launcher and auxiliary skill wheel, new areas, new concept art for upcoming content, NEW RAID... most exciting stuff, looks incredible. Monthly Update, Issue #2 coming in a week.

1. part: (New world area Tokyo, concept art, aux wheel, rocket launcher,..)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aTtTGhw5YU

2. part: (New York raid)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJXdzbHilU
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-08-22 at 01:55 PM.

So I tried to register at the Secret World Forum and it says disabled by administrator.

So here I am looking for some help.

Purchased the game really enjoying it thus far:

I went Elemental/Blood with my most advance skill being Electrical bolt in Ele and Hematic Rites in Blood (maybe I should have went with Blood curtain) being my highest in blood.

Well I get to the Savage Coast and the vast majority of the quests are ripping me a new one, any build suggestions I would be grateful for.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    So I tried to register at the Secret World Forum and it says disabled by administrator.

So here I am looking for some help.

Purchased the game really enjoying it thus far:

I went Elemental/Blood with my most advance skill being Electrical bolt in Ele and Hematic Rites in Blood (maybe I should have went with Blood curtain) being my highest in blood.

Well I get to the Savage Coast and the vast majority of the quests are ripping me a new one, any build suggestions I would be grateful for.

Elemental/blood is fine for dps, you wont need any of the blood healing stuff, I would recommend putting in (Lick your wounds) first tier skill in fist, its a nice ability that gives you a heal over time every time you hit, and also (Brawler) first tier hammer passive, that gives you 15% crit power. other than that, just make a build that works for the job at hand. also dont just stand in 1 spot and mash buttons, move, kite, dodge. and nothing will touch you.
    Last edited by Jailbuild; 2012-08-22 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks for the help I will definitely be taking those two abilities.

I have been using blood to heal myself at the moment.

One thing I can't stress enough: don't be afraid to make friends or ask for help!

I hate to ask a sily question, but sadly I am old and stuck in my ways. Can you move forward with the L+R mouse buttons? I have grown accustomed to using my mouse to move forward, backward and turn the camera. Then I bind everything else using a gamepad, including strafing. I don't mind WASD for single player games, but I have not enjoyed it in the MMO's I have tried where you can't use the mouse.

I keep coming back to this thread and I am intrigued by this game...

Quote Originally Posted by Descolada View Post
    I hate to ask a sily question, but sadly I am old and stuck in my ways. Can you move forward with the L+R mouse buttons? I have grown accustomed to using my mouse to move forward, backward and turn the camera. Then I bind everything else using a gamepad, including strafing. I don't mind WASD for single player games, but I have not enjoyed it in the MMO's I have tried where you can't use the mouse.

I keep coming back to this thread and I am intrigued by this game...
    You can move forward by pressing both buttons, and I'm pretty sure you can use a gamepad to keybind.

so .. they "excuse" the delay of issue #2 because "it is not ready yet".

what if they want to get "meh .. GW2 is not my game" players ?

it seems logical to me to delay the patch few weeks after GW2 release, because there is certainly will be some leavers.

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    so .. they "excuse" the delay of issue #2 because "it is not ready yet".

what if they want to get "meh .. GW2 is not my game" players ?

it seems logical to me to delay the patch few weeks after GW2 release, because there is certainly will be some leavers.
    They've delayed Issue #2 because it's not going to be ready, and it's not going to be ready because they just laid off roughly half their company. Ragnar told us that Issue #3 is going to be released as scheduled.

Edit: I should add that it's not an excuse, but a legitimate reason.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-08-25 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    They've delayed Issue #2 because it's not going to be ready, and it's not going to be ready because they just laid off roughly half their company. Ragnar told us that Issue #3 is going to be released as scheduled.

Edit: I should add that it's not an excuse, but a legitimate reason.
    believe me it is ready. if it is not because of the massive staff lay-off .. how come issue #3 is still going to be released on schedule .. are you saying they fired the ones working on issue 2 and kept the ones working on issue 3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    believe me it is ready. if it is not because of the massive staff lay-off .. how come issue #3 is still going to be released on schedule .. are you saying they fired the ones working on issue 2 and kept the ones working on issue 3 ?
    Actually it's not ready. There is a process that goes into these content patches that's very similar to an assembly line. When you break an assembly line, you have to shuffle your resources to fill the gaps. And even though you just heard about the layoffs, they happened a good while before the info was actually leaked.

whats it matter anyway, it will be ready when its ready.

A The Secret World Q

So, any chances of a The Secret World forum? I will start the balling by asking a very newbie question. I could and should post on the official forum but I cannot. No idea why. Just cannot login to their official forums. Yes, I have registered, just cannot login.

So, the question, what can and cannot be dis-assembled? I have been selling items but it turns out I should dis-assemble them. But some items I can and some I cannot. Both are of the same QL so it cannot be that.

When you register, you have to go under your account page and click to "set up forum account." If you've done that and are still unable to login to the official forums, you should contact their live chat support.

As far as what's able to be disassembled, all you have to do is simply put the item in the disassemble box and see if the button lights up. Generally, any green or better quality items you get as random drops are able to be broken down. Right now, some quest rewards aren't able to be disassembled; whether that's intentional or not... I'm not sure and haven't thought to ask.

finally managed to finish "too deep" mission after the maintenance. not sure if they fixed respawns or i got lucky with killing first spawns.

i suggest to people who are still not done with the mission to go and complete it ^^

It's more music video than promo video, but Alien51's made a neat little fan vid for TSW that's been doing the rounds. Didn't see it anywhere here & I figured a few people'd enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    It's more music video than promo video, but Alien51's made a neat little fan vid for TSW that's been doing the rounds. Didn't see it anywhere here & I figured a few people'd enjoy it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg5i5g1rfZE
    That's a pretty good video for fan-made. I'm not crazy about the music choice, but the actual video editing is good.

Only 9 more days until next patch!