The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I'm the exact same way. I got an Investigation quest in the Savage Coast and now I'm back in New York even though I'm still right in the middle of my main quest.
    Yeah it's crazy what they do with questing. The zombie town (Kingsmouth maybe?) is fairly small, but they pack a lot of interesting things in that little area. I've honestly not played a game that utilized space and questing so effectively. WoW does it now I guess, and Storm Legion from Rift (other than being too large) does a similar thing...but they really did nail quest design and flow in this game.

Probably a good thing you can't pick up everything you see or your whole map would just be filled with colored circles everywhere. It's nice that you can mark waypoints for yourself if you come across a quest you want to come back to.
    BAD WOLF

The questing is what I think really solidifies the story. Not so much the content, but the being limited to one main mission at a time. When you have the shopping list going on like you do in WoW for example, you tend to not read beyond the quick objectives. In TSW, with the cutscenes, great writing, and limitations on how many quests you can do at once, you become more invested in what you're doing. They took a chance with this type of system and I feel like it paid off.

For me it's really the investigation missions that really set the game apart

some of the other missions are neat as well although there are still a lot of kill quests

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    The questing is what I think really solidifies the story. Not so much the content, but the being limited to one main mission at a time. When you have the shopping list going on like you do in WoW for example, you tend to not read beyond the quick objectives. In TSW, with the cutscenes, great writing, and limitations on how many quests you can do at once, you become more invested in what you're doing. They took a chance with this type of system and I feel like it paid off.
    I agree, and i think the voice acting really helps in the immersion aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree as well. It does tend to prevent me from going chaotic and random quest accomplishments, letting me actually focus on the mission at hand. Adds to the realism of what you're doing and what's going on.

I don't know if this holds true in later areas, but it was dangerous/exciting not knowing how difficult an enemy would be in comparison to my skills at first. I accidentally wandered to the shore where there were weird sea zombies and they kicked my face in. I had to invest some points into more abilities after spending time in the zone before I could go back and handle then, but they still are much harder than random packs of zombies.

It's a much different feeling than having typical zones where everything has the same generic stats with different spells.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I had to invest some points into more abilities after spending time in the zone before I could go back and handle then, but they still are much harder than random packs of zombies.

It's a much different feeling than having typical zones where everything has the same generic stats with different spells.
    For future reference, have a look at this: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=36979

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    For future reference, have a look at this: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=36979
    Noooo my sense of danger and adventure! But seriously, thanks for the link. The UI in the game is definitely wonky compared to what I'm used to so I've basically ignored it and just smashed my buttons until things are dead, paying more attention to the quests and the world I'm in. I should probably give a play session to really familiarize myself with the UI functionality.
    BAD WOLF

Noooo my sense of danger and adventure! But seriously, thanks for the link. The UI in the game is definitely wonky compared to what I'm used to so I've basically ignored it and just smashed my buttons until things are dead, paying more attention to the quests and the world I'm in. I should probably give a play session to really familiarize myself with the UI functionality.
    I would definitely make a personal note to check the buffs that mobs have once you get out of Savage Coast. Fighting mobs that get 100% crit chance when afflicted sucks when you're fighting them with an afflict build cause you didn't bother to look >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    I would definitely make a personal note to check the buffs that mobs have once you get out of Savage Coast. Fighting mobs that get 100% crit chance when afflicted sucks when you're fighting them with an afflict build cause you didn't bother to look >.>
    I feckin hate those Ghouls man.

The only ones I started to watch out for was the nightmare mobs. Everything else before that you could kill with just about any build in my experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The only ones I started to watch out for was the nightmare mobs. Everything else before that you could kill with just about any build in my experience.
    Theres also those when you glance they self heal. Annoying. Its certainly doable but harder if you dont mind their conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Sure yo7 can kill a zombie with a rolled up newspaper but a gun is faster and more efficient

Having modifiable builds to swap in hinders or afflictions where its optimal then you will find that this will help make some later fights easier as well help you experience different play styles to keep it fresh

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I did more of the story quests last night and it certainly gets interesting quick. What I thought was just a normal zombie/death invasion turned out to be pretty cool mesh of multiple classic horror movies. Started noticing a lot of easter eggs in the game as well...very cool.

Only problem I ran into was doing my first investigative quest (which is hella cool) I had to trigger these ghost ravens in a certain order and no matter how many times I do it correctly it never works. Googled it and only found pages and pages of complaints about this quest and no answers in a year. Anyone have a way to actually get this to work? I've retraced the steps, relogged, done everything and still the correct bird order does nothing.
    BAD WOLF

Well I did more of the story quests last night and it certainly gets interesting quick. What I thought was just a normal zombie/death invasion turned out to be pretty cool mesh of multiple classic horror movies. Started noticing a lot of easter eggs in the game as well...very cool.

Only problem I ran into was doing my first investigative quest (which is hella cool) I had to trigger these ghost ravens in a certain order and no matter how many times I do it correctly it never works. Googled it and only found pages and pages of complaints about this quest and no answers in a year. Anyone have a way to actually get this to work? I've retraced the steps, relogged, done everything and still the correct bird order does nothing.
    I just did that same quest last night. Muffed it up by ressing INSIDE the cell, then had to die again, but other than that it worked fine. First time though, I talked to the ravens in the wrong order but they didn't re-spawn. I had to run some ways back before they re-appeared, but then in putting the correct sequence worked.#

Needs more quests like that really

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    I just did that same quest last night. Muffed it up by ressing INSIDE the cell, then had to die again, but other than that it worked fine. First time though, I talked to the ravens in the wrong order but they didn't re-spawn. I had to run some ways back before they re-appeared, but then in putting the correct sequence worked.#

Needs more quests like that really
    My ravens never flew away...so...yeah, nice to know if they don't it's not working right. Hopefully I can get past it tonight.
    BAD WOLF

My ravens never flew away...so...yeah, nice to know if they don't it's not working right. Hopefully I can get past it tonight.
    It might have been that you clicked on them, then ran off before the "casting" bar was complete. The order that they appear in is random each time, it's never 1-7 along the whole line. Try hitting the right sequence, but as you click on each one in turn wait 2-3 seconds before the bird flys off to make sure it's activated. Hope it works properly next time you try it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    It might have been that you clicked on them, then ran off before the "casting" bar was complete. The order that they appear in is random each time, it's never 1-7 along the whole line. Try hitting the right sequence, but as you click on each one in turn wait 2-3 seconds before the bird flys off to make sure it's activated. Hope it works properly next time you try it ^^
    Make sure they trigger their voice clips before running off to the next one. If they don't fly away or vanish, it's bugged and you can ticket a GM. They have pretty fast response times.

Hint:
    Make sure you're clicking the ones that correspond to what was written on the jail wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure they trigger their voice clips before running off to the next one. If they don't fly away or vanish, it's bugged and you can ticket a GM. They have pretty fast response times.

Hint:
    Make sure you're clicking the ones that correspond to what was written on the jail wall.
    That mission was bugged for me when i made a Lummie yesterday, but it was working fine today. Also to get around some of these bugs, one can get invited by someone from another Dimension (server), and then "Meet Up" by clicking on the party members portrait. You will enter that persons Dimension temporarely and it may be working on their server. I've done this a few times in Egypt to bypass "bugged" Missons. Just be sure to ask something on chat like" LF someone from a dimension thats not mine, for temporary migration". People are usually helpful, and if other people are around while i play a certain mission, i invite, or get invited more often than the times i solo stuff. Especially in later areas when missions get harder and more complex. That was my experience from this MMOs comunity. Decent people.

Seems that mission still messes up a lot on Huldra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems that mission still messes up a lot on Huldra.
    I'm a lummie on Cerebus, I think, and I knew exactly what order to use them but they wouldn't fly away. I assumed that hearing them and clicking on it was enough, not that I had to make them fly away. Didn't catch that in any of the complaint threads I saw.

Hopefully tonight those buggers fly the coop and I can move on.
    BAD WOLF