Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    you know, something about this game keeps wanting to draw me back to try it (I barely tried it) but the AP system just always gets me, since it feels like you either need to know what you want to do right off the bat, or else get screwed later. Like that's what is keeping me from playing it again; I would want to just solo, but also maybe do some dungeons along the way, but a solo "deck" can't really do dungeons and vice-versa so it's like... how do I build? It feels overwhelming since it seems like if you build wrong, you screw yourself later on.
    Why would you say that you get screwed later on?

Last time I played it you can unlock everything on the AP wheel. So if you pick an AP ability that you dont like you arent "screwed" you just earn more AP and keep on unlocking AP abilities and SP perks. Also AFAIK all the old content is repeatable, except maybe the main storyline i cant remember. So if you go through Kingsmouth, Savage Coast and Blue Mountain and do all the side missions. Then i think 24 or 20 hours later those quests would reset and you can do them again for the AP/SP rewards. It might be easier when you repeat stuff since you'll have more AP and maybe better QL gear but the AP/SP rewards are still scaled appropriately i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Finally finished the main story after like...2 years? Whatever, TOTALLY WORTH!

On Issue 5 content now, MORE SAID! I'm so happy, there can never be enough of mummy dude. Now to continue slowly plodding my way through the DLC content and working on finishing up all the AP builds for outfits and the like.
    Issue 5 is probably my favorite content in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Finally finished the main story after like...2 years? Whatever, TOTALLY WORTH!

On Issue 5 content now, MORE SAID! I'm so happy, there can never be enough of mummy dude. Now to continue slowly plodding my way through the DLC content and working on finishing up all the AP builds for outfits and the like.

Congrats! Issue 6 has...moar Said! A less wrinkly one.
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    http://massivelyop.com/2016/01/27/to...-group-finder/

Ready to quite literally fight to be king of the mountain? The Secret World‘s Shambala scenario tasks players with doing precisely that with a new style of PvP match. After extensive testing, said scenario is ready for prime time and will be deployed with a patch tomorrow. It’s important to note that this is completely free, so as long as you own the game, you can jump right in and start enjoying what the new PvP style has to offer.

Do you prefer to work with your fellow players rather than against them? That’s fine too because this patch is also adding in the group finder functionality. Now you can just queue and go into one of the game’s dungeons without so much as a by-your-leave. Any way you slice it, it’ll be easier tomorrow to sit down and get in some play time with your fellow players.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

That’s fine too because this patch is also adding in the group finder functionality.
    only took them like 5 years for such a mainstream basic feature.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    http://massivelyop.com/2016/01/29/th...rship-rewards/

Today’s Streaming Ones dev livestream announced a big change coming to The Secret World’s membership benefits in February. Game Director Romain “Tilty” Amiel emphasized that it’s all about making membership a better value. To that end, the team developed a two-prong reward system. First, subscribers will enjoy a host of special bonuses that will last for as long as the membership is active. These include an XP bonus, 50% more Black Bullion (rounded up), significantly lower cool-down timers (on all raids, dungeons, and missions), and free anima well travel. That is all added on top of the existing item store discounts, bonus points, and token cap increase.

The second change involves an overhaul of the loyalty program. Instead of Items of the Month that players can get only if subscribed that particular month and veteran points, the system rewards will now be based on the culmination of membership time. Special rewards will be given at certain intervals of time:

30 days – unique sprint and faction-colored letterman’s jacket
    60 days – hoverboard and faction-colored panoptic core suit
    90 days – draug pe and a second Agartha conduit ability
    180 days – permanent portable bank portable and exclusive battle armor
    1 year – gold vespa (scooter) and steampunk weapon skins

Don’t worry if you have unspent veteran points: You will still be able to use them. As soon as your stock is depleted, you will no longer be able to access that loyalty store.

Rewards will be granted as soon as membership is purchased, which means the day you buy a 30-day membership, you get those rewards, and those who buy a 180-day membership will receive those rewards on top of all the previous ones. Amiel explained it this way: “It is a bit like an XP bar — every time you buy a month of membership, your loyalty bar progresses.” Grandmasters, however, will receive the entire year’s worth of goods right away. If that sounds really tantalizing to you, know this: The Grandmaster pack will no longer be sold after February 5th. So if you want it, get it now; luckily, it is currently on sale for 25% off.

Additional news includes the announcement that banks will be placed in Seoul and New York now that devs havefound a solution that both worked with the lore and didn’t break the game. And as Tilty is known to do, he offered a tease for Issue#14: We know it will involve The Conductor!
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Tsw has gotten to the point where the cash shop gets more development time than actual content
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Tsw has gotten to the point where the cash shop gets more development time than actual content
    That's a bit rough considering that they have just added a group finder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might get back to this. Still havent tried issue 12 and 13. Liking the membership chances aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Recently started playing(got the ultimate edition cheap in a sale a while ago).
    Using a pistol/blade build at the moment, but its hard to find new abilities in those trees to enhance my build. Building towards seal the deal(Exp pot + AP boost is amazing).

Maybe i'll spend some in the rifle tree to try out a AR/Blade frenzy solo/survival build.
    Weapon points are a bit of a problem with that though.

https://chronicle.thesecretworld.com/character/Rederoin
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2016-02-06 at 10:12 PM.

Welp, last day to pick up Grandmaster (lifetime sub) if you want it. Patch went through with the new sub/loyalty rewards, too.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/membership

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will probably regret this as long as I have for LotRO, but I'm not going to get it....at some point being responsible trumps having all the nice things I suppose.
    BAD WOLF

I feel bad. TSW is like third best girl.

I still have issues 11+ to do.

Yeah, I pretty much brick walled at Tokyo since I'm using a fucky build from when I first started playing years back. Need to eventually get around to working on a proper solo build and a few group builds but I keep missing things like the Golden Week double AP bonus and shit : |

I stalled at Tokyo as well since my build was completely screwed for it and I didn't feel like grinding AP just to play in Tokyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably would have picked up the Grandmaster pack if it was closer to £80, guess the only rational thing to do is buy £80 worth of Bags instead.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    I probably would have picked up the Grandmaster pack if it was closer to £80, guess the only rational thing to do is buy £80 worth of Bags instead.
    What does it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    What does it cost?
    On sale right now (I think it's still on sale) it's 25% off for $150USD.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/double_ap_this_week

Welp, there goes the time I was going to spend in other games this week.

Also, for anyone who wanted the UE version of the game on sale: https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/...timate-edition

I love this game. I've been playing for little over 2 months, and I wish I had for years. The story is unbelievably good, and you can tell the devs really love this game.