Page 1 of 2
LastLast

You know how that CEO said...

Red Shirt Guy: You know how that Blizzard CEO (Mike Morhaime) said they would roll out more content more often, and the first blue post touching on content announces abyssal maw is being cut from cata...what's up with that?

Metzen: Yeah Alex what's up with that?

Alex: Tsk...*audience laughter* ...thanks- thanks for pointing that out...we're going to get that fixed.

Red Shirt Guy: Thank you!

Alex: Yeah!

Alex and Metzen:

Source blue post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2580388888

Source CEO: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3...iber_Churn.php I had a better link before but I dunno where I got it from
    Last edited by peedei; 2011-05-30 at 08:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't remember see or hearing of a CEO that said that.

Wait, Bashiak(Spelling) isn't a CEO now is he?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    No, I don't remember see or hearing of a CEO that said that.
    Same This Message is too short.

Deleted
    Roll out more content more often...

That's what 4.1 was all about. Giving us new content in small chunks.

Deleted
    Are we still complaining about this? If Abyssal Maw would've made it on release you would've cared as much about it as any other 5-man instance.

We didn't get Abyssal Maw (which would've shared scenery with TotT and/or Nespirah), but we got Zul'gurub (which isn't at all like the old one other than shared scenery). 1 for 1? Not to mention we got a 5-man Zul'Aman as a bonus, so it's...miss 1, gain 1.5?

Seems fine.

Can't say that again lol

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Roll out more content more often...

That's what 4.1 was all about. Giving us new content in small chunks.
    They also want to do more paid expansions too, but I'm wondering what the subs will be paying for by then : /

Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    We didn't get Abyssal Maw (which would've shared scenery with TotT and/or Nespirah), but we got Zul'gurub (which isn't at all like the old one other than shared scenery). 1 for 1? Not to mention we got a 5-man Zul'Aman as a bonus, so it's...miss 1, gain 1.5?

Seems fine.
    recycled content is recycled. It is just a fact

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I'll give you Zul'Aman as "recycled", but I must've missed the poison mazes, 8-digit decapitations, shadow waves, cauldrons, and chain breakings when I was farming ZG 5 years ago.
    Last edited by Imadraenei; 2011-05-30 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Can't count backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    I'll give you Zul'Aman as "recycled", but I must've missed the poison mazes, 8-digit decapitations, shadow waves, cauldrons, and chain breakings when I was farming ZG 5 years ago.
    New but not shiny are most peoples gripe with it.

Deleted
    Good content is content.
    Zul'Gurub is cool.

People are missing the point why Blizzard is redoing existing content. There is a finite amount of locations that belong to the World of Warcraft and at some point they can't bring more locations into the game, unless they make us go to a new planet every expansion, which would be lame after a while. It's better to do something with already existing, well-established lore. Push it into a new direction, look at it in a new way.

I support redoing old content. Hate to see AQ not being visited as often as it deserves.

10+ Year Old Account
    recycled comment is recycled. It is just a fact.

ZG is new encounters. ZA is tweaked encounters.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    They may recycle a part...it becomes crap when they use every single thing all over again like ZA.

WoW is absolutely humongous, there is more content than anyone could ever get bored with, there is raid content in there 6 years in the making, yet everyone only does the top tier, if Blizzard implemented a system to revisit old content without having to rehash it to the latest tier would take a lot of pressure off their shoulders and give people more to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    They did make faster content. Even before that article on May 9th. Rather than hold all of 4.1 back and release it along with 4.2 they released ZG/ZA, new class balancing, etc and now 4.2 is just around the corner and yet it's been 4 weeks since 4.1. New game features equals content as well so you need to count every item that is added.

Even if it takes 2 months I will challenge you to show another game that releases as much content per patch as Blizzard. There isn't one.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    They did make faster content. Even before that article on May 9th. Rather than hold all of 4.1 back and release it along with 4.2 they released ZG/ZA, new class balancing, etc and now 4.2 is just around the corner and yet it's been 4 weeks since 4.1. New game features equals content as well so you need to count every item that is added.

Even if it takes 2 months I will challenge you to show another game that releases as much content per patch as Blizzard. There isn't one.
    THQ releases expansions pretty quick : /

Okay, you do recall the exact answer to why we didn't get Abyssal Maw (which was to be a RAID) was so they could make Firelands bigger, more impressive, and a single, cohesive theme for 4.2 (FIRE!!!), rather than making a 3 boss and a 4 boss (or 5 boss and 2 boss) raid. One more focused raid, storyline wise, rather than 2 smaller raids, with less polished, less built-out storyline.

Read the WHOLE answer, and don't just look at "Oh we cut it" as being the whole message.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Okay, you do recall the exact answer to why we didn't get Abyssal Maw (which was to be a RAID) was so they could make Firelands bigger, more impressive, and a single, cohesive theme for 4.2 (FIRE!!!), rather than making a 3 boss and a 4 boss (or 5 boss and 2 boss) raid. One more focused raid, storyline wise, rather than 2 smaller raids, with less polished, less built-out storyline.

Read the WHOLE answer, and don't just look at "Oh we cut it" as being the whole message.
    It's a bit gullible to believe every word of explanation, they released a very small amount of end game content this expansion, and they've had patches bringing raids with twice as many bosses, they cut abyssal maw because of CEO's strangling resources, if they release abyssal maw later we'll know the latter to be true, but by then no one will care.

Quote Originally Posted by peedei View Post
    WoW is absolutely humongous, there is more content than anyone could ever get bored with, there is raid content in there 6 years in the making, yet everyone only does the top tier, if Blizzard implemented a system to revisit old content without having to rehash it to the latest tier would take a lot of pressure off their shoulders and give people more to do.
    I'll revisit old content when it is either fun or rewarding. Atm, Ulduar, Naxx, ICC, ToC, Black Temple, The Eye, SSC, Mag, Gruul, MC, BWL, AQ, EoE, Ony aren't fun