Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Being able to ''permanently'' tank (as opposed to temporarily avoiding death via CDs) as a rogue would rather destroy the idea that you're a rogue and not some sort of fury warrior, imo. Never going to happen, from either a lore perspective or gameplay one.

Oh right, I get it, Rift's illusion of choice class system has heralded a new age of rogues who can't tank but alledgedly could at one point.

I would personally love to have rogues as a tanking role. I've always tanked on my rogue on occasion during BC and Wrath and even more recently I tanked the bear boss in ZA from about 75% to 0 when the tank died. There are already plenty of mechanics built in to the class that hint at an ability to tank. Evasion, Cloak, the stacking shield wall ability whose name escapes me atm, and Recuperate.
    In fact having more finishers like recuperate could make rogues similar to the rogue tank in Rift which is able to tank through a series of finishing moves that give the rogue survivability buffs.
    Now do i think this will happen? No. Still, it would be fun.

Wait for GW2 like the rest of us =(

I've always liked the idea of an avoidance tank. I don't know if it would work well with current game mechanics, but I'd be for it.

The very word ROGUE goes against the principle of him taking on a role of putting out his ass on the line to protect others. Cause guess what, he's rogue. And that's why the rogue (at the beggining of his concept at least) was maybe the only one without any raid buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. Enhancement Shaman are more suited to become tanks, to be honest.

I mean, they wear mail. AND can use shields.

If Blizzard were ever to give one of our existing class a tank spec, it would definitely have to go to Shamans first. They already have tanking abilities and mail is feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    If Blizzard were ever to give one of our existing class a tank spec, it would definitely have to go to Shamans first. They already have tanking abilities and mail is feasible.
    Our MT in my first guild was a shaman. Of course, raiding was UBRS and Strat...