heroic halfus dragon vengance and BoH

hey guys i was wondering if BoH multiply's properly with the 50/100/150% dmg increase on halfus and how would i maximize my dmg output (IE BoH on slate and i dps on halfus )

Deleted
    Hmm.. I've always put Havoc on Halfus until everything else is dead.

yeah thats what i used to do then i was thinking after whelps die couldnt i chuck BoH on the next drake and burn halfus (becuase of the dmg buff would i end up doing more dmg to the drake then if i was to focus it with BoH on halfus)
    also this is 10 man heroic i forgot to add ><

That would be more damage yes but if you wipe because you didn't kill the drake in time (get overwhelmed in damage) and the dps meter shows a warlock attacking the boss mostly, many people will not like you . However, its a easy fight so you most likely will get away with it.

Deleted
    You don't want to be DPSing the boss untill all (except maybe slate, depending on strat) drakes die. Ofcourse, you can when this is on your daily farm, which I doubt for some reason. Stick with BoH on Halfus, dps drakes. (Or go demo )

I usually kill the first 2 Drakes then the whelps with BoH on Halfus, then BoH on the add you're DPSing and nuke Halfus for the splash damage on the drake.

10+ Year Old Account
    I throw BoH on Halfus until the first drake is dead then throw it on whichever drake is the next target and attack Halfus from then on. Our raid's dps is enough for the drake to go down fast enough which is why I do it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Koumaev View Post
    I throw BoH on Halfus until the first drake is dead then throw it on whichever drake is the next target and attack Halfus from then on. Our raid's dps is enough for the drake to go down fast enough which is why I do it this way.
    From a purely dps perspective, this is the way to go.

Arguably, there is some DPS to be gained by having the drakes die faster and stack his buff faster, giving you more time to actually damage him with the full stack.

Progression/Doing it how you should - Place havoc on the next dragon you're going to be killing. Swap it to the next one after that, shadowflaming whelps will redirect 15% of that total damage to your baned dragon, killing two dragons with one breath.

Pure DPS - Bane Halfus, Tab dot every drake, shadowflame/aoe the whelps.

If you're struggling/not farming it, do it way #1.
    Member of the 4.3 Firelord club.
    The very mention of demon warlock as a tanking spec makes me vomit profusely, so please abstain from it.

WBC needs damagers, ELE/ARMS/FIRE needed most. Wendigobrewing.com to apply! 2/8 heroic 25m. 3 days, 4 hours a day.

Deleted
    My guild actually argued about it a little, but in the end it turned out to work really well if, after whelps were down (BoH on the Storm Rider), I just sat on Halfus and pew pew'd while BoHing the currently beaten dragons down :3

Watching the numbers is fun ;D

If all you care about is numbers, then yes sitting on halfus after one drake dead will achieve maximum dps. But its not doing the fight properly, and relying on the rest of the raid to carry you. Do you want to be the player that gets carried?

Its akin to the dps who doesn't want to interrupt because they lose dps. I've had players in my raids that do this, and its the stupidest fucking thing ever. One rogue claimed "it should be the tanks job" (this was before the changes to tank interrupts hitting 100% of the time).

Sitting on halfus might maximize personal dps but it only makes the first part of the fight harder (which is really the only hard part, once the drakes are down its smooth sailing).

Deleted
    ...unless you're hitting an enrage timer like we did ;D