Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Next raid after firelands possibly deathwing than a new expansion?

A thought just occured to me that is most likely wrong but i was looking at the patch notes on the wow website for previous patches http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/ptr Burning crusade went to patch 2.4 and wotlk went to patch 3.3 so what i was thinking is maybe cata will only go to 4.3 than another expansion? Post your thoughts on this.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

There will be at least one more raid before Deathwing.

Currently:

4.0 = Raid
    4.1 = New Heroics and additional non-raid content
    4.2 = New Raid

And I predict that the rest of Cataclysm will be

4.3 = New Heroics and/or additional non-raid content
    4.4 = New Raid
    4.5 = New Heroics and/or additional non-raid content
    4.6 = DEATHWING RAID! MWUHAHAHAHA

Blizzard have also said they would release content more often, and that is why we will most likely get more 4.X patches than in the past expansions. E.g. when patch 3.3 was released, we got the ICC heroics AND the ICC raid. But with the new philosophy we would have gotten the ICC heroics first, while they kept developing the ICC raid. So patch 3.3 would have been the ICC heroics, and ICC raid would have been released in patch 3.4
    Last edited by BurningStick; 2011-05-30 at 10:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    WOTA confirmed, but not exactly when.

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    WOTA confirmed, but not exactly when.
    That could always be after the deathwing raid maybe the next expansion would be themed around that

Deleted
    I still don't seem to understand why people wanna know this stuff even though the new content haven't even been released...

Guess it will remain a mistery..

You forgot to take into account that 4.1 only had ZA/ZG, so by your logic we should see at least 4.4. I think 4.3 will be something with an old god, 4.4 maybe CoT, then 4.5 could be the DW raid.

Though....I guess if they keep making patches like 4.1, it could be 4.4 for an old god, filler patch 4.5, 4.6 for CoT War of the Ancients, 4.7 filler patch, then 4.8 DW raid.

I Do remember hearing that blizzard planned for cataclysm to be a rather short expansion and that we would see deathwing faster than we did lich king.

But that was a while ago..

Quote Originally Posted by Kiva View Post
    I Do remember hearing that blizzard planned for cataclysm to be a rather short expansion and that we would see deathwing faster than we did lich king.

I remember that as well but we never know what there going to do

4.2 is basically half a raid tier, so I would expect to see at least three more raid tiers after it in this expansion. That is if you take Blizzard at their word that they're trying to put out more content and do it more frequently.

10+ Year Old Account

I think what they meant was we wouldn't have 12 months of no content between Deathwing and the next expansion pack. I still expect to see Deathwing raid between november-february period, with the next x-pac 3-4 months after.

two things:

TBC launched with three tiers of content. content was balance (as it is today) with sub patches, 2.0.1, 2.0.2, etc.
    The first patch launched with tier 3 part two. that means, from the getgo, you had karazhan, Gruul, Magtheridon. SSC+TK, then Hyjal.

WLK and Cata slowed this approach down. TBC had laaarge gaps in content because they had released so much untested content (and hotfixing was not nearly as prominent as it is today.)

with 4.1 being somewhat insubstantial. It's likely that they'll do little patches (like 4.1) to kind of get all the major class changes and rebalancing done between each major patch (so they can focus on balancing raid encounters while classes are already "where they should be") and focus on tweeking and preventing crazy scaling issues (like the fix to bear druids) instead of trying to balance raid encounters while all the classes are still all over the place because they've overnerfed something or overbuffed something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    with 4.1 being somewhat insubstantial.
    Fourteen pages of patch notes begs to differ.

Deleted
    4.3 Ahn'Qiraj 5-man HC
    4.4 Neptulon's Raid
    4.5 dunno
    4.6 WOTA/DW Raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningStick View Post
    There will be at least one more raid before Deathwing.

Currently:

4.0 = Raid
    4.1 = New Heroics and additional non-raid content
    4.2 = New Raid

And I predict that the rest of Cataclysm will be

4.3 = New Heroics and/or additional non-raid content
    4.4 = New Raid
    4.5 = New Heroics and/or additional non-raid content
    4.6 = DEATHWING RAID! MWUHAHAHAHA

Blizzard have also said they would release content more often, and that is why we will most likely get more 4.X patches than in the past expansions. E.g. when patch 3.3 was released, we got the ICC heroics AND the ICC raid. But with the new philosophy we would have gotten the ICC heroics first, while they kept developing the ICC raid. So patch 3.3 would have been the ICC heroics, and ICC raid would have been released in patch 3.4
    Bit off, doubt there will be 4.6 :3

Deathwing probably in 4.4 or 4.3.5 and lastly 4.5 anything else... (WOTA, what ever that is...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    4.3 Ahn'Qiraj 5-man HC
    4.4 Neptulon's Raid
    4.5 dunno
    4.6 WOTA/DW Raid?
    4.3 and 4.4 have been complete player speculation, no sources to back them up.

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Waterspark View Post
    Bit off, doubt there will be 4.6 :3

Deathwing probably in 4.4 or 4.3.5
    They have said many more patches quicker, not as much content in each patch. They most likely will go to 4.6, maybe past.

Deleted
    4.2 = New Raid
    4.3 = CoT + new heroics
    4.2.5 = Introduction for Deathwing
    4.4 = Big event
    4.4.? = Deathwing Raid
    4.5 = Another random raid which introduces the storyline for next expansion

I believe I remember them saying (before wrath) that they planned an expansion every year - but had just not managed to get that..... It may still be their intention to do that - but cant see it happening. If they did want us to see DW sooner then I think they have been a bit slow with stuff so far..... Unless they are going to give us DW then let us do that for a year like we had ICC for about a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swekaka View Post
    4.2 = New Raid
    4.3 = CoT + new heroics
    4.2.5 = Introduction for Deathwing
    4.4 = Big event
    4.4.? = Deathwing Raid
    4.5 = Another random raid which introduces the storyline for next expansion
    Doubt they would do that. They want content in every patch, not just an "event". Putting out back to back raids would make the patching process slower, which is the one thing they are trying to avoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    The next raid will most likely be the new Caverns of Time raid Blizzard has said they will be bringing in. Unless they decide to "delay" it like the Abyssal Maw stuff it will have to be that.

Deleted
    Its likely going to be War of the Ancients