Best spec for heroics?

What would be the highest spec for AOE in 5 man heroics? Also what would be the best spec for bosses?

Not sure if it makes a difference but I have all blue 333 gear.

Uhh.. not a lot of info. Next time post your class.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyss View Post
    Uhh.. not a lot of info. Next time post your class.
    ^ Warlock forum...

Edit: Sorry I haven't played my lock since early Wrath, but I hear Demo does good AE.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    ^ Warlock forum...

Edit: Sorry I haven't played my lock since early Wrath, but I hear Demo does good AE.
    Ah right, still would be helpful, some people zone in on the thread from the Home Page.

From what I know, Demo and Afflic(with SoC talent) is high AOE DPS. For single target, Either Affliction or Destro imo.

Demonology for AoE, Destruction to kill ads fast, Affliction to obliterate a boss.

Demonology for trash, Affliction FTW

Deleted
    its just that spec you like to play. For me,the Destro has been the best middle aoe-single target for 5-man. I can put out 15k dps overall and 20k on bosses in ZA/ZG. And im not raiding player, my gear is mostly mix of normal hc and valor/RotZ gear.

For aoe i just use shadowflame + shadowfury and rain of fire if needed. As rain of fire will take you oom very fast, il try to avoid it and just multi-dot mobs. Bane of Havoc is good option for some fights to.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you also like cute little killing pets with your class, Surv hunters is your choice! with the serpent spread talent i get to 40-50k, been to 84k once on the snake adds just before Zanzil in ZG, over agro'd and died (<3 u tank...) on normal HC bosses and trash i stay at 13-14k, depending on the boss and the movement ofc

Lock aoe

Affliction actually sucks bad in heroics even on bosses. Everything just has too little hp for it to ramp up in time and and outdo the burst from destro and demo. Also, to answer OP demo is the best aoe spec for locks and arguably in the game.

Having gone through a couple expansions now I've always found the following to be true about the 3 specs in roics:

1. Affliction: so slow to start up that unless you have a competent group sometimes people will just look at recount data, see your dps is low and initiate a kick or start complaining and not understand what you are saying. You will end up using shadow bolt and haunt to "burn" down things and feel pretty stupid doing it.

2. Destro: good dps but you're just maximizing yourself. You shine though at the numerous boss fights where you have to burn adds ASAP and you can slow with Conflagrate if you spec for it. Your personal utility feel will be MUCH higher than affliction.

3. Demo: The steam roller roic tree. You will literally feel like you are in a monster truck plowing through trash. Not only your dps but if you have a caster heavy group they hit like trucks too. Just in general the roics will seem much faster. You can still burn effectively on bosses that require the mechanic but the slow and sudden burst you had in destro will be gone and if you've played destro before you will notice its absence.

My personal preference is destro for roics. Anyone haphazard group can take down trash but if you have a few incompetents that just can't understand the numerous boss fights that require add burning you have the utility to burn them down yourself and save numerous wipes.
    Last edited by CJack14dt; 2011-06-01 at 05:04 PM.

If all you want to know is about aoe then go afflic and use soc..Its it the hardest hitting aoe a lock can use. All though all 3 specs have decent aoe.