Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    TNG was the obvious choice for best overall but I really liked where Enterprise was going before the whole OMGXindi, it's action time derp. Just think of all the lore this series could have covered, they had the entire war with the Klingons, the Romulans and the neutural zone, the formation and rise of the Federation. All seen from the prespective of the crew on a very underpowered ship with nearly zero expirence.

Damn shame they felt the need to cancel such potential =(

I've only watched all episodes of TNG and Enterprise (TNG once, Enterprise twice), and TNG is definitely better. I was trying to get into DS9, but for some reason I never really tried. I suppose it's time to go through them all.

Enterprise is a bit better than Andromeda (another Sci-fi series), but what both had in common was that if it wasn't for one of the standard female characters (T'pol in Enterprise, Trance Gemini in Andromeda), I probably wouldn't watch through it all, despite other okay/good characters in respective series. I found the leader guy in Enterprise (can't remember his name, he was that weak imo) to be out of place, even though he was a waterpolo guy (played a lot myself in the past), but it didn't quite fit. I kept comparing him to Piccard, and constantly thought "Piccard would have handled that differently", or "Piccard would have done that better".

Overall I'd place the Star Trek series I've seen in the absolute top of my favorite Sci-Fi series, below SG-1, above SG-Atlantis and SG-U. Or in plain:

SG-1 / Doctor Who (if you can count that one) > TNG >>> Farscape > Star Trek Enterprise > SG-Atlantis (<- all series to the left are definitely worth seeing, to the right maybe not so much ->) > Andromeda >>> SG-U

Haven't watched Firefly or DS9, but it's on my ToDo. And I secretly hope for a new Star Trek series on par with TSG, that will last for 10 or so years.
    Last edited by Raphtheone; 2011-06-02 at 10:53 AM.

Next Gen in my opinion

original series was very much cutting edge at it's time but it's harder to take some of the episodes seriously now as most of the good ideas have been recycled so many times by so many shows that they no longer stand out and some of the lesser episodes now seem incredibly cheesey

Deep Space 9 took a while to find it's feet but pretty much got there in the end despite a few bad episodes

Voyager... had potential but they had so many missed opportunities for great storylines (the whole federation/marquis thing was settled far too quickly and easily for example) and so many awful storylines, not to mention the fact that the crews personalities were incredibly inconsistent. a character would have a strong moral stance in one episode and then later in the show not give a crap about the very same issue, Janeway being the worst offender for this by far

Enterprise was... well they had some good episodes, some bad episodes and mostly just 'mehpisodes'. personally I think they'd have been better off doing what Next Gen did again, move ahead a generation and show how things have changed, rather than going back in time and getting lost in a mess of continuity contradictions. wouldn't have helped solve the sometimes awful writing though

The one.....with that.....guy

DS9>TNG=Voyager>Enterprise.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-06-02 at 10:56 AM.

TNG was my favorite. I liked both DS9 and Voyager, but they just didn't stack up to TNG. Though, the Doctor in Voyager is one of my favorite characters in all of the Star Trek universe.

Edit: I only watched a couple episodes of Enterprise, and I really couldn't get into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voyager was the only one I watched, and rewatched with any frequency. Though I really enjoyed the Next Generation episodes I watched along with the movies they did.

A shame there was no Voyager movie and that there were no season wide story arcs in the show. Each show was a seperate story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Always enjoyed the Story Arc of DS9. TNG is probably my all-time favorite though.

Deleted
    I enjoyed all of them, but in order best to worst it has to be

Voyager>DS9>TNG>Enterprise>TOS

TOS is just too dated for me to appreciate.

TOS > TNG

That's right, I won't even mention the others, just terrible.. all of them. However, TOS and TNG are both incredible, as with their respective films.

Star Trek II and First Contact are by far two of the best films ever made.

I'm quite shocked with the lack of mention of TOS in this thread... Disappointed even.
    Last edited by Zeppelin535; 2011-06-02 at 01:55 PM.

Favorite series: TNG But i liked the original movies more.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    I found the leader guy in Enterprise (can't remember his name, he was that weak imo) to be out of place, even though he was a waterpolo guy (played a lot myself in the past), but it didn't quite fit. I kept comparing him to Piccard, and constantly thought "Piccard would have handled that differently", or "Piccard would have done that better".
    That's the whole point of the series, the guy is out of place because his just a military man put in charge of that kind of job. There was no massive starfleet database with information on all the races, or diplomatic codes to be observed. This was before the federation was created and everything had to be made and felt out from scratch.

It was actually that which endeared me to the series in all honesty, i loved seeing the developments of race relations, the clumsy management of diplomacy with the complete lack of knowledge on a race. Most starfleet captains would of had some form of training at the academy in diplomatic negotiations for example, something archer could never have got because it wasn't known to be needed as humans first started exploring space.

I much prefer deep space nine. I love the politics of the different races that constantly threaten eachother. I'm not really a big fan of the "go to a planet, get in trouble, fix planets problems, go away and forget all that happened" style that the other series are stuck with, I love continuing stories, and DS9 has a lot of them. And it had a cast that consisted of much more than a bunch of do-gooders, with quark, garak and sisko around a lot more unorthodox things can happen.

As for the Archer seeming weak on Enterprise, that's because he's supposed to be. He's flying off merrily into space to say hi to other races and camp on other planets and have lots of fun making new friends on the way, and he's really that naïve. That's exactly what his story is supposed to be about. However, it suffered from having some really bad episodes (trip in an escape pod with a princess anyone?) The third season got a lot better, I really liked the dynamics of the xindi races. The fourth (and unfortunately last) season had 3 3-parter episodes that were really really good. The first two seasons were just too weak and they never got over it.

Oh and really don't watch the last episode of enterprise, it's really really bad.

Deep space nine
    Avery Brooks by far surpases any other actor from the franchise.
    The story wad more in depth and challenging than any of the other series.

I would have to say TNG then Voyager. I like The Original Series fine, just not as much as those two. Also, I didn't really watch all that much of Enterprise and I don't think I watched any of Deep Space 9 ( From what I've been reading it's good though. I'm thinking about getting the seasons on DvD if I can.)

Star Trek is one of my Favorite series.I like to Watch Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Online show.It is an interesting show.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite is the orignial series. Tried all the other series too but always felt that something was missing.

Deep Space Nine >>> The Next Generation >>>>>> Voyager >>> TOS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Enterprise

Deep Space Nine the later seasons totally kick ass. After Worf joins the crew and Sisko gets bald. By far the greatest thing in Star Trek and science fiction series in general. I watched the entire series twice, one episode a day.
    Last edited by deepr; 2011-06-03 at 10:46 AM.

Deleted
    Voyager>DS9>TNG>Enterprise>TOS

Enterprise only got ahead basically because of William shatner(shudder).

Absolutely love TNG, definitely my favorite show. Have seen all of them many times and they never get old to me! Voyager is definitely pretty good as well, same goes for the original (it's just a little too outdated now imo).

Edit: I really haven't seen too many DS9's, sounds like I've been missing out... As for enterprise, I never gave it a chance really, just didn't seem to have the Star Trek "feel" for me.
    Last edited by Deadheadz; 2011-06-03 at 10:56 AM.