Poll: Dwarf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    It's supposed to be sharper and more realistic looking. Kind of like watching it on Blu-Ray. I personally dislike the quality of of movies in the theatre. I've always found them dim and grainy compared to what I can see at home. I'm not talking about small theatres either. Anything they can do to make the picture better for theatre is a good thing in my books. People will of course complain about it because it's something new and that's what everyone does.
    I hope it's the case as I'm really looking forward to the films.
    Also I'm glad that it's being filmed in 3D rather than being added in post production which should make 3D a slightly better experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I think the beards are pretty over-the-top to begin with. Probably why people think they look "fake". At least they're not blue like in the book.
    Blue, when refering to hair, is a kind of dark gray.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    So real that it breaks the cinematic experience some people have said. It will be interesting for audiences to get used to. 24fps does seem awfully slow by today's standards.
    I read the same thing, but that sounds like the sort of thing I'll really love. The idea of it looking as pretty as a damn nature documentary gets me giddy. One of the production video blogs the Jackson did had the costume designers talking about how they had to completely redo how they handle costumes because of the new film - the clothes from the original LotR movies would have looked like hand-crafted Ren Fair getups on this film.

---------- Post added 2012-05-01 at 05:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I've read that it's so realistic that you can see the make up, false beards and wigs. If that's true, then, yes, it will be distracting.
    That's likely more of an issue with color correction, since post-production hasn't been done yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    sickly hyped for this movie, Lotro is my favourit books and movies of all time and i've read the hobbit books about 11 times. And I can almost promise that it's gonna be godly!
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Behind the scenes #7!

- Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Last edited by Northy; 2012-07-12 at 08:38 AM.

Deleted
    this and batman will make my 2012 movies!

i read the hobbit after being given the book by my English teacher, then when LoTR came out as movies watched it and loved it! im sure im gonna love it too... the 3d trailer looks amazing and i might actually prefer it over 2D just once for this movie.

i havnt read the LoTR books though (sad panda)

EDIT: mistake about timing doh!
    Last edited by mmocf391b05d2d; 2012-07-12 at 08:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    this and batman will make my summer movies!

i read the hobbit after being given the book by my English teacher, then when LoTR came out as movies watched it and loved it! im sure im gonna love it too... the 3d trailer looks amazing and i might actually prefer it over 2D just once for this movie.

Lotr movies covers about 60% (or less) of the books.

this and batman will make my summer movies!

Summer?

Isnt the hobbit coming out in december :S

Deleted
    what the hell are you doing here??? go and order the lotr books now and read them! you won´t regret it

Deleted
    yea realised a bit too late before being quoted haha. meant to say 2012,

anyway the reason i havnt read it when i first saw the book (5 years agoish) i had no money, now when i do have money, i dont have time. ( i dont like reading in bits, all in one go over a day and night)

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha it would be impossible to do that with Lotr anyway unless you weren't planning on sleeping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    Haha it would be impossible to do that with Lotr anyway unless you weren't planning on sleeping.
    well 3-4 hours sleep wont break my pace but i didnt meant the whole series, just one book each.

10+ Year Old Account
    well 3-4 hours sleep wont break my pace but i didnt meant the whole series, just one book each.
    You really want to read 500 pages in one shot? Three times?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The unknown secret View Post
    Lotr movies covers about 60% (or less) of the books.
    And if they did cover 100% of the books . . . there'd be more than 3 movies, I can say that much. And The Return of the King would have an even longer, more drawn out end (the Scouring of the Shire.) They're good books, but there was a lot of long and slow content that I'm glad Peter Jackson skipped over.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 12:12 AM ----------

yea realised a bit too late before being quoted haha. meant to say 2012,

anyway the reason i havnt read it when i first saw the book (5 years agoish) i had no money, now when i do have money, i dont have time. ( i dont like reading in bits, all in one go over a day and night)
    You should be able to find them for very cheap at used book stores. I know my first copy of the trilogy was only a few bucks.
    Putin khuliyo

Personally I'm still pissed they had the nads to fucking release the trailer LAST December. It was like, I saw "NEXT DECEMBER" and I was like, "Wait, is this trailer a year old or is it talking about 2012?"

Fucking assholes making me wait god damn it I WANT IT NOW

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to admit the Hobbit is a much better written novel than Lotr i think its because he aimed it at a younger audience when writing it holds together better and flows easier. He also didn't put in 5 pages of description for one thing i guess that kinda helps. I just hope they do Smorg justice he needs to be badass cunning and whn he flies have is his jewels as his armour like in the book, as long as he doesn't look as shitty as saphira from the eragon move that completely destroyed my hopes as i loved that book series.

thinking about it i think Mr Peter Jackson would be the perfect guy to reboot that series as a film series.

Looking forward to The Hobbit. I've been re0watching The Lord of the Rings trilogy over the last few weeks, and it has re-kindeled my love for the entire series.

Deleted
    I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE! Tolkien's work means so much to me, I used his books and audiobooks to polish my English back when I was 15. The audiobooks were read by Rob Inglis and he did a great job. School was bearable for a while as I just zoned out and listened to the stories, winter mornings and evenings riding my bycicle to and back from school while imagining this grand adventure in my head. It sounds pretty pathetic but for a while Bilbo was my best friend.

just... give... the... last... battle...already... /babytears
    pity its gonna be in 2013