15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Anyone ever had a problem where you are unable absorb a dragon soul?
    Yeah, but I fought two dragons and was able to get one but not hte other. Didn't really bother me all that much simply because I didn't need it at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    For the Lydia haters amongst us. Watch to the end for the biggest laughs

Apologies if already posted.
    Lol'd my ass off, what a dumbass LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Anyone ever had a problem where you are unable absorb a dragon soul?
    Yeah, not sure why, but I know that it was a dragon circling a perch that I had already cleared once, so it was a respawned one.

Hm, really weird. Once you hit Frost/blood dragons, can you not absorb normal dragon souls? Are they 'grey' to you basically (wow comparison)?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing that's the end of the story once you take over Solitude for the Stormcloaks? Still waiting for an answer, hoping someone's done this part.

If you like playing around with the console in Skyrim I created some nice helpers.
    • With playerenchantobject you can create an enchanted item with 2 enchants. Here is a tool helping to find the IDs of enchants.
    • player.additem or player.placeatme you can create items. This tool helps identifying the IDs for nearly each item.
    • Respecing, adding/removing perks, learning shouts, getting all spellbooks is a bit tedious. Here you can find some batch files to help with the process.
    • And most console commands, with examples are listed here.

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

Deleted
    Where do I get those orichalcum ingots for orcish armor?
    Last edited by mmocab3f970033; 2011-11-23 at 09:09 AM.

You can buy them or mine them.

Buy them from smiths or mine them from mines (Each Orc Stronghold has a mine).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    The game starts with the imperials trying to kill you.

I have not forgotten. Stormcloaks all the way.

No, the game starts with you being a criminal, which they have snatched.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    2 gurls 1 dragonborn...

So I originally had Lydia as my companion. But /supersuprisedface she died due to traps and a draugr. I thought nothing of it at the time as I had Jordis the Sword-maiden in solitude waiting for me.
    After I finished the place I went and bought an Amulet of Mara thinking imma go to town with some Solitude chicks. Found out you can marry Jordis. Now aint that great. She'll cook AND fight for me.

Well...unfortunately Lydia didn't forget our affectionate talks and moments in the dungeons as even in death she arrived at my wedding and crashed it. Laying at the door half naked. Thought I'd fix it by resurrecting her through the console and went to marry again. Yay it worked! Sort of...
    Got went home to Solitude and got Jordis to follow me again. But Lydia is also following me. So I have two companions. Dunno if it's a bug or something as each time I've asked a second companion they've said I already have one.

I hope I get double effect from Lover's Comfort.... :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    Both sides are absolutely full of shades of grey, but I think the stormcloaks are the lesser of two evils, at the very least, they're not puppets of the thalmor (though what you find in the quest "Diplomatic Immunities" regarding Ulfric is rather unsettling if you can get past the flowerly speech the letter is written with).
    It's not like the Empire is crazy abut the Thalmore either, they just don't have a choice right now. Honestly, I think the Nords are idiots, they comlain abut Talos being removed, and that the Empire is evil and such, did they forget that Talos STARTED the Empire as Tiber Septim.... Not to mentin the Frosworn, I get that Ulfric is against the Empire trying to claim Skyrim - yet it was okay fr the Nords to claim the Reach? Biggots all of them. Look at how Ulfric treats the Argonian and Dunmers in Windhelm, look at how they treat the Khajiit in all of Skyrim or non-Aldmeri Aldmers and Bosmer. Look at how they distrust even their own, should they turn to magic.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    I've got on. I was dual wielding daggers for a while, but sometimes you get spotted or shit happens(or some fights you're forced to fight and can't stealth) so I use a shield and dagger but when I get into combat, I switch to a sword I got from the Thieves Guild quests.
    This is why you carry invisibility potions or have the spell (if there is such a spell, I don't use magic:P)

---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 09:35 AM ----------

Can anyone tell me if there is more to the empire/stormcloaks story btw? I tried helping the stormcloaks, playing as a nord and all but it was pretty linear, I helped to take over like 2 cities, take some forts and then some sidequests and in the end Ulfric was like "ok, thanks, bye oh and if you see imperials, kill them kk?". It was pretty underwhelming and felt like things didn't really change at all, I didn't even get to destroy that Thalmor embassy.. although I'm not sure what I was expecting:P

But since the same happened to me with thieves guild, after completing the main quests and I found out later that there is more from doing the jobs and I got to be the GM after all it left me thinking if there was more to the civil war story than that.

I am having trouble equipping dual spells. I can only get it to equip on my left click on the mouse. Is there a certain level I need to achieve to do this because I recall my rogue can do it although he doesn't use magic. I just made a new pure mage and this is quite annoying -_- I've tried everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Which is exactly why I support the Empire, Ulfric was a racist, moronic biggot, he didn't even deserve to suffer death at my hands, the fool.
    Considering that the Redguard defeated the Elves all alone once the war was over, I think it is a moot point whether the Aldmeri could invade Skyrim or not. Nevermind the fact that They would have to go through Hammerfell or Cyrodiil to reach it, which they can't without another exhausting war

But yeah, the Stormcloaks are racists, no argument there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's not like the Empire is crazy abut the Thalmore either, they just don't have a choice right now. Honestly, I think the Nords are idiots, they comlain abut Talos being removed, and that the Empire is evil and such, did they forget that Talos STARTED the Empire as Tiber Septim.... Not to mentin the Frosworn, I get that Ulfric is against the Empire trying to claim Skyrim - yet it was okay fr the Nords to claim the Reach? Biggots all of them. Look at how Ulfric treats the Argonian and Dunmers in Windhelm, look at how they treat the Khajiit in all of Skyrim or non-Aldmeri Aldmers and Bosmer. Look at how they distrust even their own, should they turn to magic.
    Hey, did you know that Talos was a Nord? Did you know the Nords began the first fucking human kingdom after kicking the Ayleids out of their lands? The idea that they must now cast off one of the most principle figures of their religion (keep in mind that the whole Nine Divines thing was started by St. Alessia as a copy of the Nordic pantheon) because the fucking Elves say so is rightfully appalling. Nevermind that ever since Martin died, the Empire is all but torn apart. It's not pragmatic to remain in it anyway. It's weak governance, no protection from the Thalmor. (the only argument against against the Nords claiming independence is that they may be absorbed/enslaved by the Thalmore, which is up for debate. But Skyrim was among the Empire's most powerful provinces, so maybe hey'd do well?) Honestly, why should they remain within it?

Oh, and Ulfric cares about Nords and only Nords? That Nords may be somewhat prejudiced against other races? Get used to that, the world's in shambles, they need to look out for number 1. Finally, the magic thing. Yeah, this is mostly on account on the Nord's 'Proud Warrior Race Guy' mentality, but hey? At least it's not like Dragon Age 2.

EDIT: Anyway, I think that the Dovakihn should be the King of Skyrim, if he is a Nord. He killed Alduin, didn't he?

EDIT: Also, as far as the Nords are concerned, Talos is a guy called Ysmir. So it's an even touchier subject for them. Although, Ysmir is also the Nordic name for Pelinal Whitestrake.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2011-11-23 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoi View Post
    I am having trouble equipping dual spells. I can only get it to equip on my left click on the mouse. Is there a certain level I need to achieve to do this because I recall my rogue can do it although he doesn't use magic. I just made a new pure mage and this is quite annoying -_- I've tried everything.
    It's just a bug, go into your magic menu, left and right click on the spell, the arrow indicating the spell is selected should contain LR to indicate left and right hands.

You should favourite your spells, then press Q, and on each spell press 1-9 to assign them a hotkey. The bug still sometimes appears, ie healing is on 4 for me, and fire is on 3. Sometimes when I want to heal I spam the 4 button twice to put it in each hand, but it won't appear in my second hand, so I press 3 to get fire in the other hand, and then 4 again to replace fire with healing.

Bit of an annoying bug but it's easily resolved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoi View Post
    You just left click the spell for your right hand and right click the spell for your left hand?

If you're talking about casting the same spell with both hands for a increased effect, it's basically a perk in every spell-type constellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    -snip-
    Lol, first off relax. Second, I like how you justify heavy racism to "the worlds in shambles". I guess when the apocalypse finally hits the earth I won't have to house any black folk because I'm just looking out for number one amirite? Somewhat prejudice? Lol @ that as well.. it's like skyrims version of the KKK.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    You just left click the spell for your right hand and right click the spell for your left hand?

If you're talking about casting the same spell with both hands for a increased effect, it's basically a perk in every spell-type constellation.
    It won't let me attach a spell to my right click I know how to set spells -_-

edit: It's actually my left click that won't set, it will let me right click set a spell.
    Last edited by Aoi; 2011-11-23 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by suttie View Post
    I can't remember if the Arch-Mage robes have a hood or not but if they do I'm fairly sure you can't wear a helm and a hooded robe at the same time.
    You can wear tiara, or what ever is the name...

Is there a UI mod out yet for Skyrim? This UI is seriously the clunkiest piece of shit I have ever used on the PC.