10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    OK, that gave me a freaking hard-on. WOW. And the giant mudcrab..!![COLOR="red"]
    ahhahahahah dude kinect support for skyrim. FUS RO DAH! at the tv all day long.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd Fus Ro Dah Daily if they had kinect shouts, that'd be freaking SWEET

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Because I actually read through a thread, instead of just sniping at the last couple of posts.
    The funny part being that within the last week that was the only thing you saw fit to comment on. No DLC speculation, no questions about the Steam Workshop, just me pointing out how ridiculous Nexus' content and navigation is.

But hey, I look forward to you bitching out the next person who asks for mod suggestions. Because it will come up again, because it's a fucking Elder Scrolls game.

hey does anyone know if an official dlc is coming out soon(that isnt textures)
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

15+ Year Old Account
    Bethesda is currently working on DLC. I'm friends with vsions, the lead character designer for Bethesda (friendship via forum/facebook), and he tells me that they're working on something huge, expansion like. He can't give any details however, because that'd go against his code of morals, but he says wait patiently for a bit longer and it'll be announced.

sweet im just surprised there havent been many new dungeons and quests by the community. after they announced the development tools i reinstalled it hoping for more community content but there doesn't seem to be much. also it appears that the nexus skyrim site has more and better mods than the steam one

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    sweet im just surprised there havent been many new dungeons and quests by the community.
    I've noticed quite a few works in progress on the Steam Workshop.

i also found a few test quests, new 'single enemy/boss' dungeons and a TON of (i think) boring/useless sanctuaries for the player.

i saw one quest addon so far where they place an npc in a town with his own quest and his own voice acting. i hope many more come

i notice the official steam plugin browser doesnt have any performance plugins, killing children or nude. mostly skins and added content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I've noticed quite a few works in progress on the Steam Workshop.
    Yeah, there are plenty of dungeon mods on the nexus, and you gotta wait, the CK just came out like..last week.

I am currently working on my god character (going for all skills at level 100). While leveling Alteration / Illusion at the same time thanks to enchanted -100% mana cost gear, I experimented a bit with Alteration skills since it felt much slower than Illusion.
    I used Detect Life in combination with Muffle, keeping Detect Life active and using Muffle manually in the other hand. I started out Dragonreach and at some point, Illusion began to outlevel Alteration. Starting Illusion 75 / Alteration 70, I went to the College to pick up a few more spells, among them Detect Dead. I noticed that I wouldn't be able to get skill levels from Detect Dead while using it in the college. I theorized, the amount of NPCs detected is the decisive factor for gaining levels through it.
    This seems to be proven true, since I went to Whiterun's market in broad daylight with lots of NPCs present and my leveling rate exploded compared to before. Since this wasn't written anywhere on the ES wiki I found this worth mentioning for those interested. I guess there are places with even higher NPC density, but Whiterun's market came first to my mind. Have fun
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    Since this wasn't written anywhere on the ES wiki I found this worth mentioning for those interested.
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Alteration

Casting Detect Life Spell in cities

Detect Life spell increases Alteration depending on amount of targets it is currently highlighting. Using it on your horse in the wilderness is almost useless. Using it in crowded location (market in Riften at daytime) gives incredible training speed. The more living objects in sight, the better.

Solitude - 8:00am until 5:00pm, from the west entrance, follow the road leading to the Blue Palace, just a little bit after you go under the bridge is a small "cliff side" on your left. If you stand there with 100% alteration mana reduction, two hand cast Detect Life here for a good 10-15 minutes should get you to 100 Alteration.

Damn I found the paragraph also in that article, which I used as a basis since UESP was behind at first content-wise. Didn't bother reading the lower ones for a while, since they always seemed outdated or tedious / exploitish. Anyway, probably the easiest way to level Alteration for those with -100% mana cost enchantments, so have fun!
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    Damn I found the paragraph also in that article, which I used as a basis since UESP was behind at first content-wise. Didn't bother reading the lower ones for a while, since they always seemed outdated or tedious / exploitish. Anyway, probably the easiest way to level Alteration for those with -100% mana cost enchantments, so have fun!
    Waiting an hour works very well too for those without the enchants.

Deleted
    Has anyone tried making a no-combat NPC who relies on good stamina and the ability to kite aggroed enemies into patrols? It's an amazingly fun gameplay. Granted, if you're more interrested in the usual hack'n'slash style gameplay it'll bore you to death, but if you're like me and enjoy diffrent gameplays and seeing how many quests you can complete without ever killing a single creature, it's hillarious. Especially if you're pulling a Sabercat, a bear, two spiders and three mercenaries into a patrol. 'Bad day at the office' for the poor patrol, but they'll keep the mobs busy, perhaps even kill a few you can the proceed to loot, and otherwise ruuun! =D

- I've got an alchemist/thief like that. He's fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Has anyone tried making a no-combat NPC who relies on good stamina and the ability to kite aggroed enemies into patrols? It's an amazingly fun gameplay. Granted, if you're more interrested in the usual hack'n'slash style gameplay it'll bore you to death, but if you're like me and enjoy diffrent gameplays and seeing how many quests you can complete without ever killing a single creature, it's hillarious. Especially if you're pulling a Sabercat, a bear, two spiders and three mercenaries into a patrol. 'Bad day at the office' for the poor patrol, but they'll keep the mobs busy, perhaps even kill a few you can the proceed to loot, and otherwise ruuun! =D

- I've got an alchemist/thief like that. He's fun!
    You mean your character? Because you said NPC...

I haven't made a character like that but I've seen a few videos of "pacifist" characters. The one I saw used fear and calm spells to get monsters to leave him alone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You mean your character? Because you said NPC...

I haven't made a character like that but I've seen a few videos of "pacifist" characters. The one I saw used fear and calm spells to get monsters to leave him alone.
    Oh right, character, yeah.. Sorry, I had literally just been awake 10 minutes when I made that post :P

Deleted
    some addons that i use or am keeping an eye on

Horse Riding Followers
    skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7017

Horse Whistle/Flute
    skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8517

Deadly Dragons
    skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=3829

Dragonbone Weapons
    skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1935

Being bored + randomly adding mods= ...

And another!

Last edited by Zarlk; 2012-02-17 at 06:35 PM.
    Yep

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikazig View Post
    Being bored + randomly adding mods= ...

This genuinely made me smile alot xD Very creative.

You know what's something I REALLY want in a mod? Other than a working playable dremora race mod...

I want to be able to exterminate the thieves guild. I know I could just grab one of the many "make NPCs non-essential" mods and kill them all, but the people of Riften would still always being going on and on about how the guild is ruining the town and so on. I want a quest chain where you wpe them out over a series of events (maybe they flee to the Blackbriar estate) and once it's done the town can relax and focus on improving the town.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Has anyone had problems in Skyrim with the Battle Music getting stuck on repeat after a battle?
    Wow, that really blows. Have you asked for help on the official forum?

I just did a quick check and can't find any console commands to effect the music.